Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-31-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
how do i remove the heat shield on the hood? and is it a good idea? i noticed it has the plastic pin type things but if i pull on them, they act like they wanna break.

also how the hell do i adjust the height of the headlights!? what tool do i use? i tryed it tonight but sockets dont fit!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
alerosport.com

some screwdrivers have bits that pull out. I used one of those, took out the bit and used it with nothen in there, i think the inner adjustments adjust the height...??

I herd the heat shield is to keep your hood from warping, then again i know some people have taken them out and so far iv herd no problems...

I never took one of thoes tabs but if there like the wheel well tabs the will just pop out and should be okay
Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
-Alero-
GLS member

hmmm, cause i tryed twisting those yellow star looking things, and i dont think it did much. and you say i gotta go inside the headlight to adjust it?
Old 03-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Oldsmopimp

the hood liner is held in by body plugs. They are gonna be a bitch, and when they come out....they prolly cant be re-used. easiest way to remove them is just take diagonal side cutters to chop off the head, and just push the reat thru. U can always get new ones, they are very cheap. U need a special tool to adjust the headlights...Its like a reverse torx. U could use anything really....pliers etc...if ur very carefull. Ive never had to adjust mine, so cant help ya on what star bolt duz what.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
You need a speical wrench called a "Torx" to adjust the headlights

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
Oldsmopimp

^^^ nah, they are inversed torx
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
Oldsmopimp

oops, or inverted, i think thats what I meant. lol, damn grammer
Old 03-31-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsmopimp@Mar 31 2005, 10:22 PM
the hood liner is held in by body plugs. They are gonna be a bitch, and when they come out....they prolly cant be re-used. easiest way to remove them is just take diagonal side cutters to chop off the head, and just push the reat thru. U can always get new ones, they are very cheap.

well, uh, i dont think the other ends will fall out of the hood, so thats not a very good idea, i used a flathead screwdriver and pliers to get mine out when i painted my car.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #9
Chucklez05

To adjust the headlights you need a torx socket (it looks like the head of a torx nut but if fits on a ratchet) They are pretty cheap and you can get them almost anywere

P.S. Really bad speller
Old 04-02-2005, 01:13 AM   #10
-Alero-
GLS member

ok, and is it a good idea to remove that hood liner? or no? soem of yo usay it will warp your hood, if it will warp my hood then what will happen to the fiberglass hood people
Old 04-02-2005, 09:47 AM   #11
flalero

I removed my hood liner and have had no problems. It also helps out the looks a little bit. As far as adjusting the headlights. Park facing the headlights towards a wall or garage door. This will help out with adjusting them. You probably can't physically see the headlights move, but you will be able to see the light beam move on the wall. Just remember, the movement may not be very big at the headlight, but it will be big difference at 50 yards away, and a bigger difference at 100 yards away.