Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 01-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i know it was going to happen... i got bored one day going to work.. and i found the limiter.. 175kph... or w.e it is... lol
but so far i havent been able to find the rev limiter... and without going to 7000 (but i have been verrrry close.... :P )
i guess my question is ... dose the eco in the aleros have a limiter? because my buddys 03 sunfire's is at 6200... but i know mine has been as high as 6500.. and it wasnt missing or cutting out any...
so ya.. anyone know?
Also, do the alero 2.2's make any more power over the Jbodys? i know that the intake track, and the filter is larger...
thanks for the replys in advance
Tristan

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the cav and alero eco is the same motor so no more or less power.

the redline should be at 6500 rpm. try taching it to 6600 or 6700 once but only once and see if it cuts out.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:49 AM   #3
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah... i may have to do that.....lol
I do plan on selling it long b4 the warrenty is up...lol
I thout maybe i would ask first...rather than wind my motor to teh sky...lol
And refrence the intake track... i wonder what GM was thinking there... maybe they think we can afford more for a filter then... because otherwise whats the point of a larger intake track and filter?!@? :huh?: lol

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #4
overdrive75

The N-cars do have a less restrictive intake system then the J-body's that is a fact. However both motors make the same hp and torque. The biggest restriction in the air flow of the intake, engine then exhaust is the size of the valves in the head. If you could open those up then this engine could really make some power.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:50 PM   #5
shockz

Never hit the redline... been close. Like 5900 RPM's maybe got to 6050 once. Was too mad too look.

I Don't like going that high either. I'm afraid I'll blow up my engine.

I think the highest you can get the RPM to is 6.5. (with out mods)

I was able to get my ecotec to 108 MPH and then it just reved after.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:26 PM   #6
Johnnyangel

Yeah, the ecotec aleros are limited at 108, I think V6 aleros are a little higher.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
Final-Reality

All alero's are limited to the same speed, Johnny

And all the 4 cylinders have a fuel cut-off at 6500RPMs, so don't be afraid to rev it to that, it likes it :P

The 6-cylinders I can't say, I don't know what their fuel cut-off is at, but It's probably close to the same 6500rpm... anybody with a V6 care to stick it in D1 and floor the gas to see what it stops at?

(It should be the exact same RPMs that it shifts at under full throttle, but since I've never driven the V6 I cant say for sure)
Old 01-18-2004, 08:04 PM   #8
Johnnyangel

Sorry, I could have sworn someone here said they rented a V6 alero and got it to 122 mph before he bought one. I don't know, I've never pegged a V6 alero before, only my ecotec.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:53 AM   #9
MACBUYA

my stock v6 has a redline just shy of 6000
mph cut out is 108 also
Old 01-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #10
havik

I've got my Alero to 6500 rpm many times and it cuts out, thought I haven't maxed the speed yet (what does 108 mph convert to in kmh? I'm too lazy to check).

question: does anyone know what the j body eco's redline is set at? I haven't seen one but I assume it's the same as the Alero
Old 01-21-2004, 01:37 AM   #11
Silverknight

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality@Jan 18 2004, 11:48 PM
All alero's are limited to the same speed, Johnny

And all the 4 cylinders have a fuel cut-off at 6500RPMs, so don't be afraid to rev it to that, it likes it :P

The 6-cylinders I can't say, I don't know what their fuel cut-off is at, but It's probably close to the same 6500rpm... anybody with a V6 care to stick it in D1 and floor the gas to see what it stops at?

(It should be the exact same RPMs that it shifts at under full throttle, but since I've never driven the V6 I cant say for sure)
I've done this in my friends car...it quits at around 5800 and just stutters until I shift into D2
Old 01-21-2004, 01:48 AM   #12
wy3134

For what I know, the rev. limiter on the 2.2L ecotec is around 5000 in park, and somewhere around 6500 in gear. I have topped mine out at 108 numerous times, still trying to find the cheapest way to get rid of the damn speed limiter. As for the CAI, im having the toughest time finding anything to work or fit, nobody seems to have anything that will fit the damn extra 2 foot of piping or the crazy 83 degree bend or whatever it is. Hit me up please people if you know of a good CAI that will work for the 2.2L ecotec! wy3134@aol.com
Old 01-21-2004, 03:46 PM   #13
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Induction dynamics. Expensive, but good. Alot of research went into it.
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:48 PM   #14
havik

Thread on Eco CAI's
Old 02-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #15
AleroSS

for those interested in further modding their cars, the fuel supply system is also completely identical, but this should only really be important to those running boost, nos, or other heavy perf. mods...

BTW Overdrive75, You said that "the biggest restriction in the air flow of the intake, engine then exhaust is the size of the valves in the head. If you could open those up then this engine could really make some power." could you elaborate on this more please thank you. If anyone knows any other differences between our Ecotec and all related systems vs those on the current J-Bodies, please fill us in.