Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
lower engine mount location

so i finally got my lower engine mount from RK sport and i cant for the life of me figure out where it goes. i looked it up on alldata a while ago and it showed the location but i cant remember where it was and we no longer use alldata so im kinda stuck. anyone have a pic or a good description of where it is?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Well I don't know about the Alero for sure, but I know I put one of these in a Breeze last year and it was on top of the rack and pinion. I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the Alero too, if nothing else it's worth looking.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
i looked there and did see a mount but the one i got looked like it doesn't fit there.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
alero_bmxer
GL Member

bump. anyone? its just sitting in my car waiting.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #5
Caboose73
GX Member

Caboose73 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Caboose73
can you take a pic of what the mount looks like?
Caboose73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
alero_bmxer
GL Member

here ya go

Last edited by alero_bmxer : 07-24-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Caboose73
GX Member

Thats not going to fit on your 2.4 you need one that looks like this
you can get it here at MP racing http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=508 the one you bought is for a cavalier or an older grandam.

Last edited by Caboose73 : 03-19-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
is there a "how to" for the lower tranny mount???? im gonna look now, but just incase i dont find one i was JW.....i would love to do that swap too....it would compliment the engine mount very nicely
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Caboose73
GX Member

Its easy you just need to jack up the front of the tranny alittle bit to take the pressure off of the mount then 3 bolts later your done.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
Thats not going to fit on your 2.4 you need one that looks like this
you can get it here at MP racing http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=508 the one you bought is for a cavalier or an older grandam.

Good luck getting one, this should not even be listed anymore... I ordered one in January and after 4 weeks was told his dad didn't want to make them anymore. I got my money back. Please let us know if they ARE available again.
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
alero_bmxer
GL Member

shit. well who wants it? its not doing me any good.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
so... they dont sell them any more? I was going to make a purchase sometime this summer....???

Last edited by hok666 : 03-20-2011 at 04:17 PM.
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote