Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #61
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I'm sure there's a way you can get a bin file from someone who has the cavalier supercharger and just combine those values into the alero's stock bin and make it work good.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #62
Alerocharged07
GX Member

Alerocharged07 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerocharged07
Smile Ecotech Supercharger

If that bin file thing works that would be a awesome mod. The ecotech supercharger puts out much more hp than the 2.4 m45 supercharger. I really hope you can get that s/c to work with your car because that would be a nice setup. If anything the guys at j-body should be able to help you out. I don't understand why GM didn't make our cars with the supercharger installed. Alero's would have sold like hot cakes especially if they put a supercharger in the V6 Alero. I think its like someone said GM killed Oldsmobile on purpose. I heard they quit advertising for them and everything. Anyway long live Oldsmobile and the Alero. The spirit of Oldsmobile lives on here at aleromod.com.
Alerocharged07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #63
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSweat83 View Post
If it is something you want to do get a 2000 or newer pcm and have it flashed. That is the only way GM will do a flash.

any idea how much that'll cost

I have a 99 and would like to get one of these

any other problems i'd run into?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #64
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the reflash does not work with 99. so the only way to do 99 is hp tuners
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #65
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
the reflash does not work with 99. so the only way to do 99 is hp tuners

have any idea how much that'll cost?

and other than that it should be alright?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #66
Cliff8928

theoretically as long as there's no pinout changes on the PCM and the part number of the PCM is the same between 99 and 2000, then you could do the re-flash. The technician would just have to "build" the car as a 2000 in the Tech 2.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #67
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
theoretically as long as there's no pinout changes on the PCM and the part number of the PCM is the same between 99 and 2000, then you could do the re-flash. The technician would just have to "build" the car as a 2000 in the Tech 2.

so do you know how I can find out if they are the same?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #68
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

the problem is the tech's at the dealers say it won't work and won't do it because the years don't match and say the factory changed something.

so unless you know a service tech personnally then your screwed unless you go hp tuners.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #69
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
the problem is the tech's at the dealers say it won't work and won't do it because the years don't match and say the factory changed something.

so unless you know a service tech personnally then your screwed unless you go hp tuners.

alright, I knew something like that would come up

so i'd hafta go the hp tuners route... anybody know the process? sorry, i'm new at this stuff.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #70
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
come to me and ill program it lol
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #71
Cliff8928

Quote:

As long as you can talk to the TECH and not the service writer, then you can usually get them to do it. Just like with my navigation unit, the Tech2 had to be told it was working on a Rendezvous to do the VIN Relearn.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #72
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
As long as you can talk to the TECH and not the service writer, then you can usually get them to do it. Just like with my navigation unit, the Tech2 had to be told it was working on a Rendezvous to do the VIN Relearn.

right you have to talk to the tech and basically know what your talking about. they won't do crap like that for everyone.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #73
Cliff8928

Yeah, I know how they can be. They should do it for you if you're paying for it regardless.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #74
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
plus, there's a guy on j-body.org that will reflash your ecu with a better tune than the gm one. he also removes the speed limiter and throws in a few other goodies. all for 180 shipped.

Shipped? that may sound dumb, but how can you ship a reflash? he sends a new pcm?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #75
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
Shipped? that may sound dumb, but how can you ship a reflash? he sends a new pcm?

You give him your vin# and he reflashes a pcm that he already has. He sends it to you and then you send him the one out of your car.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #76
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
ahhh ok thx for the info. that would be a great alternative.

Does it has to be a PCM coming from the same model of Alero or can it be from a grand am, cavy and sunfire?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #77
Cliff8928

Supposedly the '99 PCM is unique to the '99 Alero and Grand am

The 2000-2001 PCM can come from anything with a 2.4
Old 01-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #78
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
If you are going to swap the ECU try sticking with the N body one, thats my advice cause the reason i say this is because i got a tranny from a 99cavalier for my 99 grand am and my car started freaking out, so i went and got one from an alero and it was fine so try sticking with the N body ecu, i think there are alot of differences between the 2 this was one of the mistakes i made ( dont go by the J body wireing it is different than an N body ) . I already did the work for all of you and made a post about it, i did this to my car and my car runs great i love it and its very easy to do, but like said above you have to talk to the tech about it and you have to know what you want them to do before anything so bringing info on all of this to them will help you alot, i told them what i want it and how to do it and they did it in less then 40 minutes, read about it and good luck with it.
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20529

As for the 00 ecu when you go to the dealer all the tech has to do is connect the tec2 first and pull the vin off the 00 ecu you installed and go by that vin# then he can call the tech line, so basicly once the flash is in you car your car then is stuck with that vin for future reference, the vin thats on your car would just be for the body and the new vin will be for the motor or drive terrain. Make sure you write down the vin number from the ecu in case you ever need it.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #79
tr4v1sf
GX Member

tr4v1sf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tr4v1sf
gay the super charger went up on crateenginedepot 1650 + shipping
tr4v1sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #80
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
wow, gay. mine was $1579.25 shipped from them
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote