Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger side window wont go down

Just recently my passenger side window decided to be unresponsive and not work. I am wondering what people think this could be, and how I could check to pinpoint the exact problem. It is a 2000 4-door GLS and all the other windows work fine.

Any comments would be great.

Thanks!

justin

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Pull your door panel off and unbolt the motor. Pull the switches out of the door panel and plug it in. Hit the button to see if the motor turns, if so put it all back together. I have had the motors stick on me sometimes.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
can try that out tomorrow and see what I can do. So to make sure, I unbolt the motor and the switch, plug them back together and try it out?

Thanks

Justin

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
troyertrain
GLS member

troyertrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to troyertrain Send a message via MSN to troyertrain
the motor prolly died... i have only replaced my drivers side about 8 times so far, but oddly enough my passenger side is still original...

you can get the regulator/motor off ebay for about $50shipped, and thats about as cheap as your gonna find it unless you go to a junkyard...
troyertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy311 View Post
can try that out tomorrow and see what I can do. So to make sure, I unbolt the motor and the switch, plug them back together and try it out?

Thanks

Justin

Yes. If the motor works with it unhooked it was just stuck, if it don't work you need a new one.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
this happened to me but on the driver's side. i took a rubber mallet and banged on the bottom part of the door to "unstick" the motor. that happened over 2 years ago and the same motor is fine to this day. these regulator motors sometimes get "dead spots" so make sure its not just stuck before you shell out cash for a new one.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
my_hidden_romance
GX Member

my_hidden_romance is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to my_hidden_romance
my wifes is doing this... drivers side.. it worked most the summer and we had to put the switch in the up position to get the down to work then.. and now it doesnt work at all.. tryed to replace the switch lets hope that this works better then that..
my_hidden_romance is offline   Reply With Quote