Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
removed side skirts. broke fasteners.

i removed my drivers side skirt (what a pita) and ended up breaking some of the fasteners and some of the tabs on the skirts that hold the fasteners. how have you guys delt with this? iv got rust issues and thats why i removed the skirt
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
You can get the fasteners from the dealer......
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
more conserned about the broken tabs. and we do have fasteners in stock.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Got a picture? its been awhile....
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

not right now. the part of the side skirt where all the fasters attach to (where you put the fastener when you replace them) i broke two or three of them. probably not a big deal and i can probably put the skirt back on and never know they were broken, but if theres an easy repair i want to do it.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

I'm pretty sure there is some type of 2 part epoxy you can use but it's expensive.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Norton 2 Part bumper epoxy is the right stuff to get
Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
i removed my drivers side skirt (what a pita) and ended up breaking some of the fasteners and some of the tabs on the skirts that hold the fasteners. how have you guys delt with this? iv got rust issues and thats why i removed the skirt

did the same thihhng on my passenger side!!! i tried using zip ties on the ends but it left the middle sagging. so i just took it off. ill deal with it in the spring when I put my body kit on
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote