Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #1
jonniethm

I just got a remote starter put into my alero today and everything was working fine but then i went out to start it with the regular key and it turns my blinkers on and my radio starts? what the hell is going on? does anyone know.

there is a button on my remote that says AUX but i don't know what it does?

should i just take it back and have them fix it?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
SouthDakotAlero
GL Member

SouthDakotAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
The AUX button should be for the trunk. When you try and start it with the key, does the car start?

When I had mine installed and I used the key, the car would start, but the radio, heat, etc. would not work. After a couple of weeks it started working fine and has been working ever since. You can always just use your remote start everytime to start the car. I do that almost all the time anyways.
SouthDakotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #3
jonniethm

Thumbs down

oh....well the AUX button doesn't open my trunk and no when i try to start the car with my key it just turns the blinkers on. i know i could just remote start it every time but i want it to work right i didn't want some half ass job done on it.

anyway it was working just fine eairler but when i got it home and showed my parents and sister how i could start it with the remote and then i went back outside to move the car and just stuck the key in to move it, it didn't turn the engine on.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Take it back. You paid them to do the job right, so demand it be done right.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
bassboss
GX Member

bassboss is an unknown quantity at this point
Just A couple of questions. Is your car a Standard or auto and what kind of starter did you get installed???

Cause to me it's sounding like they didn't hook up the Passlock bypass correctly.

It's just a thought cause I installed my own remote starter in my car and at first i had a problem something like yours, so when i went and rechacked all of the wiring i realized that I hooked up the Passlock Bypass incorrectly. so i fixed it and know its working fine.
bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote