Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Maverick

I the cold morning start-ups my steering makes a lot of groaning noises when I turn left or right. It doesn't seem to stop no matter how long i let it warm up until I start driving at a high speed. At low speeds it still makes the sound... WTF? I checked the reservoir and it was low so I added more but it still does it. Is their a special fluid that should have been added? Also the belt next to the reservoir make noise as well.

Anyone know whats wrong or how to fix? The weather's been crazy here lately... around -40 celcius with the windchill, but it was doing it when it wasn';t so cold as well.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
I think u could find a conditioner for the pump at your local auto supply store. It should help quieten it up. You should change the fluid every 30,000 miles or so.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
just give it a while, i have a powersteering leak, and whenever it gets low it moans and groans, i always add pain powersteering fluid, and it still moans and groans, just give it a normal day of driving and the sounds should fade...
Old 12-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero@Jan 6 2005, 03:55 PM
just give it a while, i have a powersteering leak, and whenever it gets low it moans and groans, i always add pain powersteering fluid, and it still moans and groans, just give it a normal day of driving and the sounds should fade...

I know this is old, but I checked my power steering fluid today, and it was low (not sure why I have no visible leaks). I added some until the full mark but here is my issue. When I took the top off, it hissed like it was under presure. I looked at the stick, and it was just on the tip and the car was hot. I went to the store and got some. I added it until the full HOT mark. Now when I turn I have a grown/moan noise. I rechecked the fluid, and it is at the full mark. Not over. It does it worse after I start the car and get the RPM's high while turning. I am thinking there is air in the system, but I don't know how to get it out. Is this just somthing that will work itself out after driving? I am very worried i messed something up. Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
well it must have been air because it stopped making the nosie today.