Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Exit9alero
GX Member

Exit9alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Exit9alero
Power Woes..

Hey guys, so im driving down to the shore yesterday after noon im hiting bout 80 on the garden state parkway cruisin' when i go to slow down i gently press the brake. all the sudden my interior lights. dash and radio turn off and turn back on 3 seconds later so im like wtf??, then i press the brake again and it does it again except this time the air bag light turns on, i decided to turn back home on the way back on rt 18 the car completly shuts off and im rollin' at about 80 with no power steering, hazard lights or good brakes, im just wondering whats going on if any of you have had the problem b4 because off the highway car runs normal any feed back is appreciated i dont know the cause all i know is above 65 mph any power sucked by the lights n my car is turning off
Exit9alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
telcart

Check your battery posts and terminals... the stock Delco batteries are known to rot. One of my battery posts literally snapped off the battery this week when I pulled it out. Also check your ground wires, my buddy had the exact same problem in his Monte Carlo because of a ground short near the trunk.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
I had the exact same issue with mine. It ended up being the alternator.

Do you ever see the ABS light come on as well?
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcart View Post
Check your battery posts and terminals... the stock Delco batteries are known to rot. One of my battery posts literally snapped off the battery this week when I pulled it out. Also check your ground wires, my buddy had the exact same problem in his Monte Carlo because of a ground short near the trunk.

That's what I was thinking too. My battery connections were loose thanks to the ghetto rig my mech's assn. did to the car

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i still think its that heavy chain around your neck, take that off and you will be able to slow down much faster

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
^ lol
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote