Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-04-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Marrko
GX Member

Marrko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Marrko Send a message via Skype™ to Marrko
Exclamation please help =(

wtf is happening to my car... sometimes when i start the engine some strange sound apears, like something is sparkling under the hood. and the the LOW TRACK and the ABS start to glow on the panel... then i shut the engine down, the security alarm dims, (makes a sound like turn on or of and a sign security apers on the panel and then dissapers) and thats it. i start the engine again and everyting is normal. after some more tries the same sh... happens.... did anyone encounter a problem like that? or maybe you know what is wrong? please help
Marrko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Not too sure about the secruity light, but it sounds like the ABS hub sensor that cause the ABS and Trac Off light to come on.

It's a common problem with the Alero, not too hard of a fix.

Can you get the car scaned somewhere?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
Marrko
GX Member

sure i can, so you think it should fix the problem?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
No, The scan will just tell you which hub is craping out and triggering the warning lights. Then you have to replace that hub

The lights have to be on in order to scan the problem.

The security light, I don't know what's going on with that. Does the security light just come on while driving around? If it does, the key is worn down a bit. A freshly cut key will fix that problem.

Worry about the ABS first. I just think it's odd that it's comming on with the trac off and ABS lights

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 11-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
Marrko
GX Member

no the security sign apears when i shut the engine off (only when that sparkling sound apears). when there is no sound i shut the engine off and the security sign doesn't aper.

I'm cursed... it's my 3rd car, and always from the very 1st days some problems start to apear, something allways crashes or smthng like that... why i'm so unlucky...
Old 11-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Really? That's odd I never heard of anything like that

Maybe a short in the passlock system

The Sercuity light is only supposed to come on when somebody is trying to punch the ignition lock, or the key being used is not the correct key for the cylinder inside the igntion lock. The secruity light will come on and the car with crank, but the fuel cuts off not allowing it to reach the engine, thus the car will not start. If the security light is flashing after the key is removed, it will flash for 10 min. then you can start the car correctly.

After a few years the key will wear down, and become 'loose' inside the ign lock. The security light will come on, but this usually happens while driving and isn't a big deal, but you will want a new key to be cut becuase there is a chance you could get stuck somewhere. I've have to have 2 more keys made up for my car in the 6 years I've had it.

Your problem is interesting though. I've never heard of a sparking, or arching sound like you are describing, I'm willing to bet that it is something to do with the ign cylinder. It could be bad.

It could be something simple too. Try looking at your plug wires. Push down on them and see if they are tight on the plugs and the coil pack, also check the main cable from your alternator to the coil pack. Just be careful and make sure the car is off and cool. Off becuase voltage from a car, isn't fun, and cool, becuase the plugs are near the exhaust manifold, and that is very hot after driving after a few mintues. It won't take much to see if they are hooked up, but if they aren't, feel a pop or click when they hook back up.

I don't know if this will fix it, but if your hearing arching or sparking, that would be the first thing I'd check, second the alternator.

www.facebook.com/kb0177