Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
nate1216

Vibration and Thump Thump noise.

About 12000 miles ago(I am at 56k now) I had my passenger side wheel bearing and both axles replaced due to vibration and noise. Within the last few weeks the vibration and noise have come back. I have took the car in 3 times complaining of the vibration and 2 out of the three times it was blamed on the tires not being balanced. So I paid two places to balance the tires. The vibration is still going on. The last place I took it claimed two guys drove it and could not find a noise. It makes me feel like a doob becuase it shakes so bad on the highway the steering wheel is shaking back and forth, you can see the passenger side seat vibrating and if there is anything in the cupholder it shakes so bad it makes pop bubble. I am guessing it is the wheel bearing again on the other side. Do I just need to go to a dealer? I can't believe I am imagining this.

Thanks.

nate
Old 05-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
another possibility as well is the rotors are slightly warped. i say that b/c you have fix'ed/replaced everything else that would normaly cause that, if the rotors are slightly warped then i can see it happening.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Yea i drove a cougar with warped rotors and it was like holding on to cali. during an earthquake, the whole dash and seats and center console were shaking. Also try getting the tires replaces, if you ahve a flat spot or slipped belt itll make it act up pretty nasty to.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
do you have a bent rim maybe?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Does it vibrate only when you step on the brakes or while you're just driving down the road? I had a problem with a vibration once and the tires were balanced and still it was there. It was FINALLY determined that it was a bad tire and they replaced it under warranty and the vibration went away. I also know that a tire is not perfectly round nor is a wheel and that there is supposedly a way that the tire has to be placed on the rim in relation to how much it is out of round and how much and where the wheel is out of round and the tire placed on the rim in a place that takes care of some of that. A tire shop can supposedly determine that on a spin balancer.
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
yea one of my rims is bent and when it was on the front of the car it used to shake like crazy.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
nate1216

Thanks. I know the rim was bent a little. It shakes all the time and I hear a rubbing noise at low speeds. I just bought a new set of pads and rotors for the front and am going to try and put those on in the next week or two.