Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-30-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
I have been wanting to do this since i've seen a lot of aleros out there with only the outer two breaklights lighting up.. i think it would look much better for a full filling effect on all the breaks..
i have been trying to find a salvage yard that has some aleros in it but have yet to find any.. so i can take the break wire harness from one and splice in to the existing harness to get all 4 breaks to light up.. anyone near one i'll pay you to take them out for me but i need the harness from the outer lights as far up in to the car as you can go to where i have it log enough to run it from the inner lights along the same route that the existing wires run to the outer light harness to splice it in .. also i'm going with all led lights getting them From a good site less then 200 for all the lights (minus the headlights but do i wish for those or an hid system) on the car http://www.superbrightleds.com.. great site to get any or all your leds from.. but anyone help me out on the harness problem let me know but until them i'm still look around here

adam
Old 07-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
glsGreg

i just did the l.e.d. discs in my stock taillights and i love it.. it's a little hard to see during the day but it looks great at night.. and i put in ander's third brake l.e.d. so right now all i'm waiting for is the cashflow to buy another trailer light set to put in my inner tails and i plan on hooking those to the brake lights as well.. i'm just going to run a wire down the trunk rail and splice into the regular brake wiring.. should work fine.. once i get ander's light working the way that i want i'll throw some pics up
Old 07-31-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
Did somebody recently do this?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
Quote:
Originally posted by ImSoBored@Jul 31 2005, 11:42 AM
Did somebody recently do this?

not that i know of yet but i will in the next few months .. just need to find the outer break lights wire harness and i'll have it done
Old 08-01-2005, 07:33 AM   #5
spclone

if your able to solder you could be good to go already. i just ran wires from the blue wire of the 3rd brake light to the inner tails. i did not need to get new harnesses i took the wires to the brake lights and soldered them to the harness where there is no wire at all on the inner tails. probably about a 1/2 hr job. have wire sitting around costs $0
Old 08-01-2005, 09:07 AM   #6
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

yeah i would do that i just would like to have somewhat original fixtures there for the bulbs i know i can run the wires from the third break light but i think it would be better since i'm runing wires for my spoiler that i just run the break lights seperate so i know i have enough power headed back there.

Quote:
Originally posted by spclone@Aug 1 2005, 06:33 AM
if your able to solder you could be good to go already. i just ran wires from the blue wire of the 3rd brake light to the inner tails. i did not need to get new harnesses i took the wires to the brake lights and soldered them to the harness where there is no wire at all on the inner tails. probably about a 1/2 hr job. have wire sitting around costs $0