Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #61
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslindseysue View Post
My full coverage is less than $100/mo. The Alero was expensive to insure, though, because crap like that happens a lot and kids like you drive them and crash them all the time.

Sorry to see it though, hope it doesn't end up totalled - that's a lot of damage.

that is a stereotype of kids... im not an idiot and i have also never crashed
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #62
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i wont getinto a battle about insurance coverage with a kid that thinks he knows it all, kyle is right your wrong end of story

dude now is your chance to bring it to me and let me fix it, you have state farm we are service first for state farm, state farm will tow it up to us iam fixing a bmw m3 from your neck of the woods no problem well it shouldnt be, let state farm pay for the damage, i dont think state farm will pay for house of kolor repaint, why well becasue you cant panle paint a candy kolor

or blend a candy color, the whole car has to be repainted again, and from what i heard it needs a repaint badly, and this amount of money for the repaint, labor that right there could total the car, state farms totals out at 70% remember that number

i dunno dude i would do it for ya its no problem at all
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #63
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
i wont getinto a battle about insurance coverage with a kid that thinks he knows it all, kyle is right your wrong end of story

dude now is your chance to bring it to me and let me fix it, you have state farm we are service first for state farm, state farm will tow it up to us iam fixing a bmw m3 from your neck of the woods no problem well it shouldnt be, let state farm pay for the damage, i dont think state farm will pay for house of kolor repaint, why well becasue you cant panle paint a candy kolor

or blend a candy color, the whole car has to be repainted again, and from what i heard it needs a repaint badly, and this amount of money for the repaint, labor that right there could total the car, state farms totals out at 70% remember that number

i dunno dude i would do it for ya its no problem at all

You have seen his work.........heard about his amazing abilities.........NOW coming to a theatre near you..............BODYMAN!

I think you just found your body shop.............
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #64
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i talked to him before, this is his chance to let state farm flip the bill
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #65
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and from what i heard it needs a repaint badly

I heard it brought a whole new meaning to orange peel......
Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #66
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Wait are you talking to me?

Kyle is "right" because he thinks I should have full coverage on my car and I think I'd be paying a lot into something I'd never use? I'm listening to the advice from my dad who's owned a lot of cars, modified cars, and has dealt with a lot of claims and situations. He suggested simply putting money in the bank to have just in case something ever does happen and requires repair. If it doesn't, you're banking money and it's growing, where in an insurance company, it's tossed in their pockets...

With insurance, you pay a fee each month, adding up to $1200+ each year. $500 deductible. So say you have insurance for two years and someone vandalizes your car causing $700 of damage. You pay $500 to insurance to cover that damage. You paid $2400 so far into that insurance company that could've been banked. If the car gets totalled, they give you a small amount of money, nowhere near what you've put in or paid to the insurance company. That $2400 could have been in your bank account, minus the $700 for repairs.

I mean really, can you explain why my concept is so wrong? I don't see where I claimed to know everything. I don't know what's all involved, so, enlighten me on the hidden things I seem to be missing in this. I don't know where I messed up.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #67
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
I gotta agree with Ion about forking over cash that you really could be banking.. course im not well edjumacated in the ways of the insurance though.

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #68
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bodyman,
send me a pm with your phone# and I will give you a call. I've got one other custom shop in town that is wanting the work, but I will give you first props if you give me your contact info and we can work things out. I will tell you more of the situation when I talk to you as far as what state farm has told me so far....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #69
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Wait are you talking to me?

Kyle is "right" because he thinks I should have full coverage on my car and I think I'd be paying a lot into something I'd never use? I'm listening to the advice from my dad who's owned a lot of cars, modified cars, and has dealt with a lot of claims and situations. He suggested simply putting money in the bank to have just in case something ever does happen and requires repair. If it doesn't, you're banking money and it's growing, where in an insurance company, it's tossed in their pockets...

With insurance, you pay a fee each month, adding up to $1200+ each year. $500 deductible. So say you have insurance for two years and someone vandalizes your car causing $700 of damage. You pay $500 to insurance to cover that damage. You paid $2400 so far into that insurance company that could've been banked. If the car gets totalled, they give you a small amount of money, nowhere near what you've put in or paid to the insurance company. That $2400 could have been in your bank account, minus the $700 for repairs.

I mean really, can you explain why my concept is so wrong? I don't see where I claimed to know everything. I don't know what's all involved, so, enlighten me on the hidden things I seem to be missing in this. I don't know where I messed up.

It's a calculated risk that many of us are smart enough to avoid. You can use the same stupid arguement for medical insurance.

"Medical insurance is $400 a month. I might go to the hospital like once and spend $200 for a checkup and prescription. Instead I wasted it on medical insurance. I could have $4800 in my bank account!"

Truth be told, one thing wrong and you could have $500,000 in medical bills and kiss your financial stability goodbye for the rest of your life.

Different scale, same concept.....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #70
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
You'll never have a $500,000 repair on a car. Scale changes everything.

I just think what I'd get out of insurance would be far less than what I'd put in to insurance. Sure if someone caused $5,000 of repairable damage to my car, $1200 of insurance payments each year would seem like a good investment, but no insurance company would spend 5 grand to repair this car; I believe they would total it and send me off with a meager check.

Think of it this way. Two years after I start the full coverage policy ($2400), a tree falls on my car and crushes it. Insurance totals it. They give me a check for $1500. I now have $900 less than I did without insurance. Of course, if I just started the policy and only paid for 2 months ($200) and $1000 of damage comes along, and I pay a $500 deductible, I only paid $700 for a $1000 repair. But soon the money put in outweighs the benefits. That is my opinion...
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #71
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Alright Update time

So I talked to another claims rep that they moved the case to today and found out a few things. They had the estimator come out and they did the estimates on the damage via the NADA, like always, and decided that they were going to total the car out. Well, then they decided to move the case to another claims guy, and he is going to have an independent estimator come out and do all the estimates for the aftermarket things on the vehicle and have it appraised for those things. He said it would take another week or so just to get this done. He said it is really rare that they have to do this, but since there is a lot of aftermarket parts, they want to give me a good appraisal.

I will be retaining the vehicle and keeping it to fix it up again, and they know that. But for now, it looks like Im waiting another week to see how much they are going to give me for the total loss in their book.

Please dont start asking for parts cause like I said, I will bee keeping it and fixing it back up. Bdyman will be doing the work for me as soon as I get all this mess worked out and have the little bit more money that I need saved up to get it done.

So there's the update. again will keep everyone informed...
Old 02-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #72
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
glad to hear you're going to keep it... you know i freakin love that car haha. i need to see it in person! i'm coming to indy this weekend? hahaha.
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #73
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

haha.... its at a body shop sittin. Won't do much good to see it at this point, its in pain lol....
Old 02-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #74
99alerogirl
Female.

haha well when it gets better i expect to see it in all its orange goodness.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #75
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Umm....a color change i believe is in the works actually....so the orange ness of said alero may be gone.... But still not decided on exact paint that I want yet.
Bdyman is willing to work with me, and re-painting the entire car is the best option at this point. And well, the orange is probably too expensive for me to redo it, so yea.... all up in the air... trying to keep focused on immediate issues before deciding the fix issues...
Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #76
99alerogirl
Female.

ah yes, understood. well good luck with all of it!!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #77
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Got any early ideas for color???
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #78
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

I talked to chris on the phone a few days back, and I considered going with a black black base coat with a red or blue pearl overlay. But like I said, I really haven't decided yet.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #79
99alerogirl
Female.

ooooh that would be sweet!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #80
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by _01Alero_ View Post
I talked to chris on the phone a few days back, and I considered going with a black black base coat with a red or blue pearl overlay. But like I said, I really haven't decided yet.

niiiiiiiiiiice FINALLY that car gets a color change. No offense but i HATED that orange Unless your a construction worker and your always parked on the side of the road while your doing work i dont see any point in painting a car that color, LOL