Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #81
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
niiiiiiiiiiice FINALLY that car gets a color change. No offense but i HATED that orange Unless your a construction worker and your always parked on the side of the road while your doing work i dont see any point in painting a car that color, LOL
i dont think your opinion on colors is thought very highly of...
Old 02-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #82
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
i dont think your opinion on colors is thought very highly of...

"Smurf blue" > "work cone orange"
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #83
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I wont say anything negative about the color choice before because the orange does make the car stand out more and make it even more one of a kind. But it just needed to be done the right way. And brent knows his paint didn't turn out the best, and I was planning on getting it fixed... But the color imo wasn't a bad choice, just maybe not done to the right measures/detail that would have been liked....

But again, money is an issue, and repainting it orange is just too pricey... So going with something a little less expensive, but not cutting on quality work. Which I know chris can do...so no worries...
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #84
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
give me a call when u have a moment so we can discuss more, not that big of a change really black with pearl over it, to keep cost down
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #85
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

alright I'll give ya a call sometime today chris...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #86
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

My luck keeps getting better.... So now the engine is leaking quite a bit of antifreeze. AND the air ride is leaking and the compressor isn't running at all. Man this is just not my month for this car. I dont know what I'm going to do now. That is even more money now that has to go to fix this thing. Everything just seems to be piling up at once. Well, I dont know what Im going to do with this car now. After I find out how much the settlement is for I may just part this car out. But idk yet. Im just almost at my wits end with this car. BUH!....

Last edited by _01Alero_ : 02-26-2009 at 03:00 PM.
_01Alero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #87
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by _01Alero_ View Post
My luck keeps getting better.... So now the engine is leaking quite a bit of antifreeze. AND the air ride just completely gave way. The compressor isn't running at all and all my bags deflated on their own. Man this is just not my month for this car. I dont know what I'm going to do now. That is even more money now that has to go to fix this thing. Everything just seems to be piling up at once. Well, I dont know what Im going to do with this car now. After I find out how much the settlement is for I may just part this car out. But idk yet. Im just almost at my wits end with this car. BUH!....
Mezza tard, Your trunk is MT they not replace that. Uz haz da stuzzz dem notzz getz ofz derz arze and recordz daz. Daz shiz waz derz. Uz proovz....
Old 02-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #88
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
Dooze I hope it workz out for you. That's is totaly effez up! Parting out car makez you the H8xor
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #89
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Alright update time...
So I had almost given up on the car, but I have looked into a lot of my options, and I am going to keep it and fix it. I just found out that the car isn't going to be totalled out, and the insurance is going to "cover" the damage. They have given me a check, but it isn't near what it is going to cost to get it fixed. So I am going to just use the money to pay the car off, and then start fixing it on my own time. At least this way the cars title will be clean still, but it will just take a little more time. I will probably be getting the smaller things fixed and just saving up to get the body work done. No way I can get the body work done soon, but hopefully by next year or something. So those are the plans.

Chris I appreciate all your help, and I will keep in contact with you on some parts and things, and maybe the body work down the line. But for now, all I can do is thank you for your help thus far and will keep in touch!

As far as ASS this year, I plan on still coming, but dont know if I will drive the car up. If I do it will still be under construction and probably look like shit lol, but i may just drive it up anyhow.

So that is the update...if anyone cared... lol....
Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #90
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
^ awesome.. keep it and fix it.

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #91
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Yes...that IS a beautiful car...glad to hear you want to fix it!!!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #92
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
check the grounds on the compressor and the connections going to the pressure switch relay, you might just have a bad connect and your compressor might still be good, and as for the leaking engine if you have the 3.4 you most likely have the notorious LIMG leak

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #93
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

^^ Yea i figured that about the engine... But my cousin and I can do that ourselves. He has changed the LIMG on his malibu twice.

Yea there looked to be a bad connection on the compressor anyhow, I just probably over reacted cause of all this bad luck happening at once. So thanks and I will look at that first.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #94
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by _01Alero_ View Post
I just found out that the car isn't going to be totalled out, and the insurance is going to "cover" the damage. They have given me a check, but it isn't near what it is going to cost to get it fixed. So I am going to just use the money to pay the car off, and then start fixing it on my own time.

The check the insurance gives you is NEVER enough. That's why it goes to the shop and the shop contacts the insurance and gets more $$$.

You'd be better off getting it done now.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #95
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
The check the insurance gives you is NEVER enough. That's why it goes to the shop and the shop contacts the insurance and gets more $$$.

You'd be better off getting it done now.

The only problem with that is that no shop around here wants to touch it cause it has soo much custom work done to it. And the one shop around town here that will wants to blend the paint, and that just wont work. And he would have to work off of the claim sheet, so idk. Im just going to use this money to pay off the loan that I have and then work on it in my own time. More money every month in my pocket means more budget room to put into the car. But believe me I have thought of that, but the shops wont cover to paint the entire car over with accordance to the estimate by my insurance company.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #96
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
correct, state farm pays for what is on the car, and like i told you house of kolor cant be blended, i learned the hard way` dude iam here and ready when you are
sorry about the price but becasue of the bad body work and paint job, he kinda bent you over with no lube, lol sorry but its a fact
iam ready, so lets do it!!!
hey come spring time if my car isnt gone ya gotta come up to nw indiana like i was tellin ya friday and saturday nights are nuts out in her area
Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #97
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Yea i hear ya about the paint. it is understood on my end like i told ya. But im not exactly big money rollin or anything lol. Its going to take me some time before I could save up that amount ya know. But I do hear ya on the work that has to be done, and all that. Im just going to do all the work I can to restore it back before the paint that is needed and then probably be hitting ya up....

We will definetly have to meet up sometime and hit up some local shows up there. If only I didn't work nights lol... That puts a stop to most any show going cause most of it is on friday nights. But saturday nights, I would be down.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 AM   #98
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
[quote='[ion] C2;431096']Duh that's what I mean. I don't plan on ever causing an accident, if something happens it's going to be the other's fault, so I'd be covered there. lol

no one ever plans on causing an accident but it happens to the best of us so dont assum you'll never cause an accident
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #99
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

Update...

I am going to be paying off the car this week, and all that will be taken care of.

My cousin and I fixed the air ride this weekend. Come to find out, the whole reason that the compressor wasn't working was because brent ran the power for the air ride directly from the head unit. So instead of running it from a fuse, and keeping it protected, it was unprotected through the head unit. SO luckily we found that out, and ran it to a fuse, so now if there were to be a surge or something, the car wont catch on fire cause of the electricity still running through the line. So air ride is back to working. I got all the gaskets and fluids to do the LIMG, which will hopefully be done next weekend. Thinking about painting the upper manifold black with red lettering. (to keep in line with future paint schemes and such. So overall a decent weekend, got quite a bit done.

But yea, will keep updating on progress....
Old 03-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #100
bdyman
GLS member

did i see that right?? power to the head unit??? wow!