Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Ch33ZKayk is on a distinguished road
Hello!

Hey, new here, though my Alero GL took a duece within 2 weeks, I plan on getting another one.
(Engine block; lower cracked in the back, didnt catch it in time) 2000 sedan and most likely get another one lol!
I will most defenitely bypass ABS module like I did with fronts with no backs but get a 4 port Master cylinder and have one to each line!
Daewoo Young Suk ---Jr--- will be born!
(I named my 1st Alero after the Daewoo models not sold here)
Ch33ZKayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:32 PM   #2
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

From Fox Valley WI btw
Old 06-12-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the family and good luck.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 06-22-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #4
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Thanks! Just got hired onto my local auto parts store here. I plan on doing the 3.4 with the weird non eco tranny swap.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:03 PM   #5
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

I start my 1st day of training July 1st for AutoZone. I will have to keep an eye out for some sedans!

My goals for next Alero;

Manual swap 5 speed with some type of compatible GM engine
Supercharge if possible. (prefer turbos but don't want to spool for this one lol)
Reinforce trunk area possibly
Widen the wheelbase and flare the fenders with universal ones.

Vinyl/ redo the entire interior with glue/ heat applied wrap.

Hand Stitch on seat pleather seat covers where I can remove them and replace them

LED headlights with aftermarket random eBay headlight assembly

Sticker bomb A FENDER... YES I said it lol!

Cheaper roof rack it prefer a black one

Steelie rims... Not into "fancy" rims minus SRT4 And American Racing rims and Enkei, K?nig.

Raise car slightly about .30 of an inch.

Custom Tablet mount in front of Tape/CD Player

Remove ABS! I hate ABS, I am more familiar without it, as well as Stability assists(Had a Buick Terraza FWD 3.5L) and Traction Control. Hate all 3! I don't need them, literally speaking! Power Steering tho I prefer not as well hahahahah will keep as well as power windows.

LED bar on Roof Rack.

Non Functional minimal Hood Scoop offset left side WRX style.

If I could and knew how; Soft Sway bars up front out of 100 percent I would pick 59.5

In Back Harder Sway bars out of 100 percent 76 percent.

Ceramic Pads Rear, Metal Pads Front.

If I can't find a cheaaaaap Alero... May go back to my lovely ol Import Fever!
Old 06-20-2020, 10:51 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Manual swap 5 speed with some type of compatible GM engine
you can get aleros straight from the factory with 5 speed manuals and GM engines

Supercharge if possible. (prefer turbos but don't want to spool for this one lol)
you've never driven a properly turbocharged car if you think spooling is any concern. i have had multiple turbo setups and there is no real "lag". you can hit full boost and peak torque at 3800 RPM on a mid-frame turbo. when you launch, your RPMs are up anyway. when you're on the highway, your RPMs are up. there is no "lag" to ever experience.

Steelie rims... Not into "fancy" rims minus SRT4 And American Racing rims and Enkei, K?nig.
American Racing, Enkei, Konig.. it's like a blast from the early 2000s... none of those are fancy lol but they stuck in the minds of the fast and furious watchers

Raise car slightly about .30 of an inch.
raising the car just over 1/4 inch? is that a typo? that's not even noticeable. if you're going for some off road mad max car like it sounds, jack it up 3 inches

Remove ABS! I hate ABS, I am more familiar without it, as well as Stability assists(Had a Buick Terraza FWD 3.5L) and Traction Control. Hate all 3! I don't need them, literally speaking! Power Steering tho I prefer not as well hahahahah will keep as well as power windows.
ABS is objectively better in all situations. there is no debate. either you're informed or you're ignorant, there is no dispute. it has been tested side by side in identical conditions with identical cars apart from ABS vs. non-ABS and ABS always wins by far. Acting like it's pointless just makes you sound like a boomer who can magically control all four wheel's braking power independently based on the limit of each individual tire's friction with your single pedal, and we all know that's impossible. it's 2020, get with the times

Non Functional minimal Hood Scoop offset left side WRX style.
non-functional things that are designed as if they're functional do not belong on the car. like those "magnetic sunroofs" that people slap on to give the appearance as if they have a sunroof, ridiculously tacky

If I could and knew how; Soft Sway bars up front out of 100 percent I would pick 59.5
you can do anything with money, it's just a metal tube bent in the right way.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

That's great, thanks but I'm not into 3800Rpm then poof. I would appreciate respect on other people's goals. If not please take it elsewhere.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #8
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Don't like it simply, don't comment �� there's a reason why it's 1/4 raise, and that's to simply not be noticed by DOT regulations with ground clearance. My build is my build. Tacky or not!
Old 06-21-2020, 03:57 PM   #9
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

To answer you, ion, yes I know how to threshold brake and transfer weight up front, 2 non functional; where did I say I wasn't ever going remove it and make an actual functional one, and 3 yes ABS in CERTAIN circumstances are better for people who don't know HOW to weight transfer and feel the cars capable performance, 4 a metal tube bent right, absolutely, I don't weld, I was referring to having a shop install.

Oh and I'm 29 thank you, so nice insult which has no effect on me, nor did I find it offensive.

So politely quit bashing newcomers thank yoooou! TOODLES!
Old 06-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #10
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
welcome cheez. don't mind ion, enjoy your car your way.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #11
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Thank ya!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just trying to promote discussion to help you do what you want but sharing comments based on my knowledge and experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch33ZKayk View Post
Oh and I'm 29 thank you, so nice insult which has no effect on me, nor did I find it offensive.

no one asked, mentioned, or cares about your age, not sure where this came from lol
Old 06-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #13
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site!! Now I won't claim to speak for anyone here, but I don't believe that Ion meant any disrespect to your goals. He's just been around the block a few times sorta speak and has dedicated a lot of his own time and money to the platform, including multiple parts that have had to been custom fabricated to work. He has an entire thread on it and he has no problems sharing his knowledge or how he feels about things, but a lot of it is also interpretation. After all you're reading text off a screen and some things can be taken multiple different ways based on the reader. All that aside enjoy the car the way you want it and again, Welcome!

Also shout out to Jackal! Glad to see you're still around man.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:43 PM   #14
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Sharing knowledge is absolutely fine, a preference is fine but to not think 3 steps ahead like I do, the whole non functional parts thing is to test fit, and no I don't watch Fast and Furious, since the 1st 2... But to call out someone who visualizes something and to those who don't have fab skills don't need to be looked down on as "lesser of man" and I do hate ABS I learned to drive without it, and Traction control anoys the crap out of me. I'm weird like that and I don't tolerate rudeness as it is. Yes totally tacky, but it's a budget build for the time being. I have been "around" to remember how nasty the Pontiac Le Mans was from 1990s it's basically a watered down Renault lol.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #15
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

And ion No harm no foul dude. Just don't categorize into BOOMERtown folks lol
Old 06-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

lol for sure
Old 06-27-2020, 01:25 AM   #17
That01Olds
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch33ZKayk View Post
Sharing knowledge is absolutely fine, a preference is fine but to not think 3 steps ahead like I do, the whole non functional parts thing is to test fit, and no I don't watch Fast and Furious, since the 1st 2... But to call out someone who visualizes something and to those who don't have fab skills don't need to be looked down on as "lesser of man" and I do hate ABS I learned to drive without it, and Traction control anoys the crap out of me. I'm weird like that and I don't tolerate rudeness as it is. Yes totally tacky, but it's a budget build for the time being. I have been "around" to remember how nasty the Pontiac Le Mans was from 1990s it's basically a watered down Renault lol.

It's funny you mention that cause I actually knew someone in high school who had one of those 90's Pontiac LeMans lol. Even if you had seen all the Fast & Furious movies there's nothing wrong with that. I've seen all of them except for the most recent one I think. It's all good we all have our preferences when it comes to cars and most other things. I personally like traction control just as an added piece of mind thing, but I also like to be able to turn it off when I want to and some newer cars are now lacking that option and as long as the car does what you need/want it to do that's all that really matters. It's your canvas paint it the way you enjoy.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #18
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Lol thanks... That version of THAT Pontiac was in my age of the time was the coolest car on the planet until a 72 Stingray Red with fleck and T top which I sat in the "back" and NOPE no back seats/ room. If I recall the one I remember for Le Mans was the Hatch and the had a 2 door or sedan I believe... Still looks like an 88 Renault 19 to me lol

Now a Nissan PULSAR..... Whoooooole different story �� I strangely like them
Old 06-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #19
That01Olds
GLS member

Lol yeah the one the guy I knew in High School had was a white 2 door hatch. Yeah haha I've seen the back seats on the C3 Vette and they're more for decoration than anything. Are you talking about the Pulsar we got stateside? That car was painfully slow, but it did have the canopy roof and that was a neat feature for the time. Now the JDM Pulsar that's a whole different story and now we can legally import the SR20DET Gti-R too
Old 06-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #20
Ch33ZKayk
GX Member

Oh dang! Stateside was atrocious! Sr20 in a pulsar!?!? I'm glad our 20 years import law doesnt prevent us from owning a Pulsar now LOL. To be quite honest I'd have a 90s Daihatsu Mira...... The looks on peoples faces when they would see a car with wierd badging lol. I gotta head to bed tho, I'm getting deprivation headaches.