Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-30-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
alerogold1999

going from 1st gear to second it has a pause i was told by a mechanic it might be the tranny slipping or it might be the computer adjusting the shifts to how i drive what do u guys think??? anything might help that
Old 03-31-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
what you mean by pause. it acts like it is slipping into second?

have you changed your tranny fluid at all?

try adding a pint of tranny fluid and see if it goes away.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
alerogold1999

ya it lags it takes a few second like the rpms will raise and then it will kick in gear i belive it is slipping
Old 03-31-2004, 01:14 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
depending on your mileage, i would say add a pint of tranny fluid if still there. have a shop change tranny fluid.

start there.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:18 AM   #5
overdrive75

What year is your car, and what is the exact manuver you are doing, you may not be experiencing a slip conditions.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:01 AM   #6
Green Eyed Monster

Take it to the shop and have them change the fluid...If it is still slipping then you need a new trany.......
Old 03-31-2004, 08:47 AM   #7
overdrive75

One more question is this when the car is cold or all the time. Also how much throttle are you using when this happens..
Old 03-31-2004, 11:15 AM   #8
sl3196

Didn't you just get the fluid changed travis? Last time I was in there it just seemed kinda slow at shifting not from slipping.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:45 PM   #9
Maverick

Did you have the battery disconnected lately? I have the same problem last year (I think it's the same problem anyway) I would accelerate about 2/3 full throttle and it would "slip" from 1st to 2nd... you could watch the rpms climb and hear the engine wind up but there was no pulling power for a short period of time. It just went away. It happened again a short time later and I remember reading something aobut the trans re-learning if you have disconnected the battery for a long period of time... I don't know if that's right , but my car doesn't do it anymore...
Old 03-31-2004, 02:15 PM   #10
sl3196

Its more like a long pause in between first and second. Seems slower than it should.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:58 PM   #11
alerogold1999

i just had my tranny changed it does it when it is warm not when its cold it doesn't even do it. my car has 53,000 on it i had it changed at 42 or so