Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Electronic Issues... Again

Okay, well today, after a very long time of no rain, it rained. Usually, when it rains though, I have car trouble. So I turned off my car, and the lights in the dash don't go off, my cruise control doesn't work, and the exterior lights also stay on, thus my battery drained. Any ideas on what it could be? I am guessing some relay?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
If you are having trouble when it rains....is rain getting into the fuse box due to a bad windshield seal?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
X2
Old 06-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
lonnie: If you are having trouble when it rains....is rain getting into the fuse box due to a bad windshield seal?

And the winner is (drumroll) .... lonnie!
Took the car to the mechanic today, and this is the exact thing he told me. So I am taking it to a windshield shop tomorrow to have it fixed. Thanks for the assistance.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
GaryC
GX Member

GaryC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
And the winner is (drumroll) .... lonnie!
Took the car to the mechanic today, and this is the exact thing he told me. So I am taking it to a windshield shop tomorrow to have it fixed. Thanks for the assistance.

The windshield leaking seems pretty common on Alero's . It took 5 trips back to the dealer before mine stopped leaking. I gotta wonder how, after 100 years of building cars, you don't know how to make a car that the windshield doesn't leak???? .................
GaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
The windshield leaking seems pretty common on Alero's . It took 5 trips back to the dealer before mine stopped leaking. I gotta wonder how, after 100 years of building cars, you don't know how to make a car that the windshield doesn't leak???? .................

human error. probably the dealer did not installed the windsheilds. the dealer i work for calls in a local glass shop to do the removals and installs. but also people build the majority of these cars. i had a 2010 suburban one day the customer complained of a water leak. someone NEVER installed the drivers side sunroof drain. go figure...
Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
human error. probably the dealer did not installed the windsheilds. the dealer i work for calls in a local glass shop to do the removals and installs. but also people build the majority of these cars. i had a 2010 suburban one day the customer complained of a water leak. someone NEVER installed the drivers side sunroof drain. go figure...

Maybe it was one of those union workers who was out drinking and smoking crack.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Probably the Safelite glass installer. Not only is their glass cheap aftermarket that breaks easily, but their installers suck too.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Probably the Safelite glass installer. Not only is their glass cheap aftermarket that breaks easily, but their installers suck too.

Oh good lord I agree! They boogered up my alero windshield 3 times, and the back glass once too. They just kept gobbing stuff around the back glass and it would eventually just poke back out again. Horrid! Even after everything finally stayed in place and didn't leak - I had warped looking windshield gaskets forever. They have also gone destruct-o on my grandmas Cadillac and numerous customer's cars. What a consistently awful company.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
Oh good lord I agree! They boogered up my alero windshield 3 times, and the back glass once too. They just kept gobbing stuff around the back glass and it would eventually just poke back out again. Horrid! Even after everything finally stayed in place and didn't leak - I had warped looking windshield gaskets forever. They have also gone destruct-o on my grandmas Cadillac and numerous customer's cars. What a consistently awful company.

Haven't you heard the commercials they are the best...lol
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #11
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Wow, I'm glad AGS did mine instead of safelite.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote