Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Rearview Mirror

Im wondering what you HeavyHitters r doing with your rearview mirrors, mine likes to either rattle like crazy, look down or do both
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
blackalero02
GX Member

blackalero02 is on a distinguished road
The glass in mine rattles so that what's behind me is a blur. The mirror itself doesn't rattle too much but they are brand new mirrors and bolted on VERY tight.
blackalero02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
yea my rearview rattles down off its metal bracket all the time, sometimes all the way off. I just get used to pushing it back on periodically so it doesn't even bother me anymore. But i suppose you could always glue the mirror base to the metal base on the windsheild and it would solve it. I personally was always gonna get around to doing that just never have.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
After hours of research trying to figure out an answer to help you guys fix this problem I have came to a conclusion!

In order to stop the rattling you should turn it down.
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
this is my mirror xD
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
yea my rearview rattles down off its metal bracket all the time, sometimes all the way off. I just get used to pushing it back on periodically so it doesn't even bother me anymore. But i suppose you could always glue the mirror base to the metal base on the windsheild and it would solve it. I personally was always gonna get around to doing that just never have.

you do realize there is supposed to be a torx head screw that holds the mirror to the mounting plate on the windshield. your obviously missing that if you always have to slide the mirror back onto the plate
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2000 View Post
After hours of research trying to figure out an answer to help you guys fix this problem I have came to a conclusion!

In order to stop the rattling you should turn it down.

actually, even at low volume the right bass set up will still produce frequencies that will vibrate the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
you do realize there is supposed to be a torx head screw that holds the mirror to the mounting plate on the windshield. your obviously missing that if you always have to slide the mirror back onto the plate

that lil' son of bitch still works itself loose.
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
MattismodderX
GLS member

i took mine off because the actual piece of mirror inside the piece was vibrating beyond the control of the screw. it sounded nasty
Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
What are you "HeavyHitting" with?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

2 Memphis 10 inch PR15's with a 500 rms mono amp at 1ohm, in one of the old school memphis boxes

I dont think its that extreme but its clean hard base thats constantly making the rear deck pop up and the rear 6x9s warp

But i know we got some members with more killer setups, so they have to be dealing with this, and Mattis, rnt u required to have a rear view mirror?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
You need side mirrors, cops will never stop you in ohio for not having a rearview mirror, they are to bizzy looking for meth heads to stop you for that.

As for a fix on mirror its self, I have been dreaming up some stuff for the rattle, when I fix my'n I will let you know and for the folding down you may have to deal with it because it doesn't make any sound when it does it so I really don't care. I have been getting new rattles from the sunroof, so I got to find a fix for that too and hope I don't brake it in the mean time, I hope its just from the cold. The top of my windshield is getting a little wild now, I know I'm pushing way over 140 now on music.
Afugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

so anyone figure anything out?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
MattismodderX
GLS member

you could try sealing the edges of the inside w. silicone xD the inside mirror part of mine rattled in the housing or the whole thing just bounces up and down (depending on hz) and makes a nasty sound. i have my back seat down with the amp mounted to it with the mirror on the front of the amp. if i ever need it, it slides right on. works pretty well
Old 04-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
bizzy07
GX Member

bizzy07 is on a distinguished road
Mine doesn't make a noise so I am just used to adjusting it. You could glue the joints so it don't look down but it is still going to vibrate because the windsheild does.
bizzy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #15
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

may try glue, i think its about time though a company came out with a bass resistant mirror, i dont think it could ever be bass proof
Old 04-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #16
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
I found that you can use the 3M VHB tape on the rearview mirror too.

I should have taken picture when I did it to show you how its done. On a hot day I used 2 smallest allen wrenches to hold open a gap at the top of the mirror, cut a piece of the tape down to about 1/8" x 3/4" and used a 3rd small allen wrench to get the tape into the gap. Just don't try and pry with the allens they are there just to hold open the gap, use your fingers to open up the gap, the glass in the mirror is thick but you still don't to risk chipping the glass.

I'll take some pictures of how it came out later.
Afugy is offline   Reply With Quote