Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #101
djinxd1101
GX Member

djinxd1101 is on a distinguished road
Well I finally got the LIM done and touched up some paint chips today.
djinxd1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #102
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd rather see shots of the Firebird myself...lol Hey, but as the saying goes, "The world needs Fords, otherwise our tools would rust!"

^^ What did you do to your LIM? Gasket replacment or something special?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #103
louie2000
GX Member

louie2000 is on a distinguished road
I am getting it repainted because some A-Hole keyed my car in the parking lot
louie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #104
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
I'd rather see shots of the Firebird myself...lol Hey, but as the saying goes, "The world needs Fords, otherwise our tools would rust!"

^^ What did you do to your LIM? Gasket replacment or something special?

I thought that was the purpose of a Chevy??? seriously though they both have their ups and downs
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #105
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I thought that was the purpose of a Chevy??? seriously though they both have their ups and downs

yeah they do... but i will say i look under a ford and more often then not go "wtf were they thinking". frames that arnt straight, o2 connectors you can possibly reach, crappy cv joints on the drive shaft, stupid 12 point bolts on the drive shafts... THAT FACE THE THRANSFER CASE. and a bunch of little shit like that. i absolutly HATE lifting ford trucks. suck so bad.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #106
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
yeah they do... but i will say i look under a ford and more often then not go "wtf were they thinking". frames that arnt straight, o2 connectors you can possibly reach, crappy cv joints on the drive shaft, stupid 12 point bolts on the drive shafts... THAT FACE THE THRANSFER CASE. and a bunch of little shit like that. i absolutly HATE lifting ford trucks. suck so bad.

I haven't worked on many fords...my f250 is an 89' so they hadn't quite gotten to trying to make everything impossible to work on yet...pulling the motor on my 65' thunderbird wasn't fun though...in order to take the power steering pump off you have to take the a/c compressor off and in order to take the a/c compressor off you have to take off the power steering pump, everything was so screwballed...I also know that on my moms 04' Freestar in order to change the spark plugs without excessive risk of breaking one then you need to pull the intake manifold...On the driveshaft for my dad's 02' Chevy however they have it with one spline smaller than all the others for fitting it together so something that should take like a minute to put back on takes much longer if you don't know about it and mark it first... They also put a frame support on the 02' chevy so that you barely clear it to get to the fill plug and have to go through a hole in it to get to the drain...I think all engineers should have to go work in the field they are designing for before they start writing up plans because then stuff might not be so screwed up all the time

Last edited by 03glgold : 03-13-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #107
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
for me chevy is easier to work on because its all simple. However i enjoy a challenge when working on cars. When i had my J-body, i was bored with it in a month. when i had my sn95 mustang i didnt get bored, but i had to get rid or it to get something cheaper on insurance and a little faster then the beat old v6 that was in it.

if i didnt hate camaros i would probably get an older iroc. but a camaro is like a tampon... every kitty needs one (no offence to any member here that has a camaro)

and with that i actually mean that everyone and their mother has a camaro around here and its annoying as all hell when you try to go for a drive in the summer and all you see is camaros everywhere.

anyway this is the "jist" of what i want to persue.

accept not powder blue, my photoshop abilities are not quite up to snuff. id prefer a medium-dark blue or black.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #108
03glgold
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gxeco View Post
for me chevy is easier to work on because its all simple. However i enjoy a challenge when working on cars. When i had my J-body, i was bored with it in a month. when i had my sn95 mustang i didnt get bored, but i had to get rid or it to get something cheaper on insurance and a little faster then the beat old v6 that was in it.

if i didnt hate camaros i would probably get an older iroc. but a camaro is like a tampon... every kitty needs one (no offence to any member here that has a camaro)

and with that i actually mean that everyone and their mother has a camaro around here and its annoying as all hell when you try to go for a drive in the summer and all you see is camaros everywhere.

anyway this is the "jist" of what i want to persue.

accept not powder blue, my photoshop abilities are not quite up to snuff. id prefer a medium-dark blue or black.

go unique...get an 04' mystic cobra there were only 1010 made
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #109
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
go unique...get an 04' mystic cobra there were only 1010 made

i looked that up because ive never heard of it. i am impressed. i do like it mainly the hood and front end. it looks more agressive and im sure its a little faster then a stock cobra. either way, i'm not really looking to burn the streets with power. i just want a v8 that is faster then the "ricers" in this area. I am fairly positive that a mustang GT with an intake and cat back exhaust would be faster then any of the imports in town. accept maybe my friends honda civic. i envy him. its a b18b1 from an integra, with a td04 turbo from a subaru wrx complete frankenstien build but its tuned and it beat my 360hp supra back when i had it.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #110
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Washed and waxed the alero
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #111
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gxeco View Post
i looked that up because ive never heard of it. i am impressed. i do like it mainly the hood and front end. it looks more agressive and im sure its a little faster then a stock cobra. either way, i'm not really looking to burn the streets with power. i just want a v8 that is faster then the "ricers" in this area. I am fairly positive that a mustang GT with an intake and cat back exhaust would be faster then any of the imports in town. accept maybe my friends honda civic. i envy him. its a b18b1 from an integra, with a td04 turbo from a subaru wrx complete frankenstien build but its tuned and it beat my 360hp supra back when i had it.

Get a Subaru wrx or an evolution you could beat the ricers in those cars. Also if u supercharged ur alero also look at a 350z or a g35 or g35x. You do not need a v8. To beat ricers.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #112
03gxeco
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
Get a Subaru wrx or an evolution you could beat the ricers in those cars. Also if u supercharged ur alero also look at a 350z or a g35 or g35x. You do not need a v8. To beat ricers.

all of those would be nice, but i am trying to get out of my import Phase.

anyway, today i cut the muffler of my alero in favor of a new one. I wasnt aware the ecotec sounded like a v6 at idle and until around 4k rpm with no muffler. past 4k sounds like a crotch rocket.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #113
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
If you have an ecotec and did a proper turbo build you could be ripping 12 and 11 second 1/4miles no problem......
Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #114
03gxeco
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
If you have an ecotec and did a proper turbo build you could be ripping 12 and 11 second 1/4miles no problem......

i dont have the time to do that to a daily driver. between taking care of mein mädchen and using the car for grocery getting, i wouldnt be able to get under the hood to install even if i put everything together well before hand.

also, full weight ecotec can run a 12 with just a turbo and tune?

i will still be keeping the alero when i venture into the v8 realm. Theres no way id get rid of this car i love it, everything from the style to the economy and more. the few flaws it does have give it character and its well worth keeping it around. ive just been a mustang fan since birth (mostly because my dad is a mustang fanatic) and also because i cant afford a Dodge Viper ACR
Old 03-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #115
bushmanalero
GX Member

bushmanalero is on a distinguished road
ordered a Dynamax VT muffler and a Magnaflow high flow cat yesterday, hopefully they get here before I pick up my car from the paint shop next week
bushmanalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #116
DJx79x
GX Member

DJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond repute
I debadged the back and tinted my tails I'll have pics up as soon as i tint my headlights. Im a complete noob when it comes to car things so this is just me getting my feet wet. The next step will be installing my CAI.
DJx79x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #117
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Fixed the passlock problem,replaced inner and outer tie rods.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #118
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmanalero View Post
ordered a Dynamax VT muffler and a Magnaflow high flow cat yesterday, hopefully they get here before I pick up my car from the paint shop next week

please please tell me how the VT sounds, I've been wanting to get one for a while.

I Cleaned and clayed the ho today. Gonna change the fuel filter tomorrow.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #119
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Just changed the oil today... Found out that she is losing oil somewhere... It was almost empty, and there was a lot of black gunk on the oil cap and on the end of the drain bolt.... Not sure what's going on, but I will be keeping a sharp eye on the car now... I think it's on its way out soon....

And yes, i make regular oil changes, use 5W30 Penzoil high mileage. I think the car being low on oil might explain the rough idle a bit... It seemed to run pretty smooth after the change.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:01 AM   #120
bushmanalero
GX Member

bushmanalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
please please tell me how the VT sounds, I've been wanting to get one for a while.

I Cleaned and clayed the ho today. Gonna change the fuel filter tomorrow.

I sure will jhubbz. The VT sounded very good on the Dynamax website and that sold me on it
bushmanalero is offline   Reply With Quote