Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #61
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
no. i was looking at those thinking the same thign. ford has a different issue. their issue is the threads come out but nothing else does. i have some ideas of things to try but im trying to think of the best way to explain them. kinda hair brain ideas that in theory would work.

bring them on, because or else this alero is toast!
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #62
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
pm'd
Old 04-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #63
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
pm'd

got nothing....

But i found this

http://www.ehow.com/how_2086875_remo...s-top-has.html

they say to use an EZout to remove it, but i dont see how the tool ( think its called a "T tool" or somthing like that) you use to twist the easy out will fit in the tight space
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
Old 04-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #64
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah thats one way to do it.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #65
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

pmd again.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
EZouts are great but i dont think it is a smart idea to attempt anything while the head is on the car. if you get shavings in your cylinder you will ruin it, end of story. you come to us asking for advise and we give it. if you want to try and crazy glue a wooden stick to a rope with a piece of chewing gum at the end to fix your problems then go for it. if you want to do it right and tear down to the block and do a complete engine overhaul and have your engine last another few years then i would start listening to the people in this thread and stop listening to yahoo answers or where ever you are getting these retarded scenarios.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #67
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
It cant be too hard to find a used 2.2 head somewhere... Seriously dude it is going to be ALOT easier and safer than what you are talking about doing.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #68
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
bring them on, because or else this alero is toast!

i already told you i will be able to help you fix the alero when i go back home to new hampshire.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #69
spc2125
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
EZouts are great but i dont think it is a smart idea to attempt anything while the head is on the car. if you get shavings in your cylinder you will ruin it, end of story. you come to us asking for advise and we give it. if you want to try and crazy glue a wooden stick to a rope with a piece of chewing gum at the end to fix your problems then go for it. if you want to do it right and tear down to the block and do a complete engine overhaul and have your engine last another few years then i would start listening to the people in this thread and stop listening to yahoo answers or where ever you are getting these retarded scenarios.

are you a mechanic? (serious question)

Because I asked a mechanic today and he said the loose shaving are the least of the troubles. and no matter if i had the head in the car or on my kitchen table, that I would have to do the same thing.
And if i wanted to take off the head, it would cost more than the car is worth
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #70
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post

I agree fully

Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
are you a mechanic? (serious question)

Because I asked a mechanic today and he said the loose shaving are the least of the troubles. and no matter if i had the head in the car or on my kitchen table, that I would have to do the same thing.
And if i wanted to take off the head, it would cost more than the car is worth

Man! it's not that hard & it wont cost you much if you remove the head on your own & bring it to a shop to fix it but do not bring it to the "bozo" guy that gives you those answers take your head somewhere else (other garage...)

If your not to sure on how to remove the head by yourself just get the infos you need buy a haynes book or something , take note on everything you get out so you wont have problems put it back together , take some pictures or video if you have to & take your time , you should be able to do it on your own + we are all here to help you out (others more then me)

Next time don't over tighten your spark plugs 1/4 turn max.

Last edited by Goodman : 04-08-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #71
spc2125
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
you should be able to do it on your own + we are all here to help you out (others more then me)

Hahah this is a joke right?

But yes im trying to remove the head and im taking my time
So far ive removed:
Intake
Valve cover
Fuel rail
Exhaust Manifold
Headers (just got a couple more left)
Drained the coolant

But i need detailed instructions on how to remove the timing chain correctly. But after that, I just have to drain the oil and take off any misc. bolts that are attached to the head and then I can take it off.
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video

Last edited by spc2125 : 04-08-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #72
jawa