Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
A how to please. This would really add some class
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #42
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Really.....
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #43
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
iv been throwing the idea aroun d of adding an extra security feature. What id like to do is wire the cigar lighter in series with the "start" wire via a relay. Then when to start the car u have to push the cigar lighter in to get it to crank. Idk if i want to dissable the lighter heat element or not.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #44
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i have a whole diagram drawn out that i posted up somewhere.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #45
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Mine is not the greatest setup but it works. I'll try to add to someone's how to later. I looked around the site for how to pics but I think they were made before the big server crash/change-over a few years ago

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

here this is for a 2 relay, 2 switch, 1 push button setup:

you could really do as many relays and switches as you wanted though.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #47
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

seems like theres so much interest in something until someone actually posts it up then it dies out...think this is the 3rd thread ive posted this in and it just dies...

Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #48
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

I'll post em up tonight. Hopefully that'll spark some interest

Done lost my mind
Old 01-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #49
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
seems like theres so much interest in something until someone actually posts it up then it dies out...think this is the 3rd thread ive posted this in and it just dies...

Wel...remember....most people dont know how to read a wiring diagram. Gotta "dumb it down" a little bit...
Old 01-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #50
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

it doesnt get much easier then that.

heres my how to: cut the ignition cylinder out and you have all of those wires that are at the top of my diagram. follow where they go and your done. turn on the 2 toggle switches to engage the 2 relays and then press your push start.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #51
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

All right kiddies, here ya go.

This is an ebay-purchased kit that was under the title "Push-to-start". Keep in mind, with the mod I did, I still have to have the key in the ON position. It is not a stand-alone ignition solution. I'm sure if I really wanted to, I could introduce relays and switches to make it a true keyless ignition, but this is just a simple Push-button start addition to the keyed ignition.

I can also still use the key to start the car normally, if need be.

What the kit comes with:
One push button starter with power wires running out the back
One relay box
two optional mounting screws for relay box
two optional pieces of double sided tape for relay box
two rubber gaskets
one screw-on fastener for back of button

I decided to mount mine in place of the hazard switch, while relocating the hazard elsewhere. I started by taking the center vent out, along with the gauge cluster and unmounting the hazard switch from its position:

Then I push the wiring from the button through the hole and put the gaskets on either side respectively along with screwing the fastener on the back tight. This was actually a perfect-fit hole, I was very surprised.

After that, I took the relay box wiring and spliced the red wire into a switched power source (I used the purple wire from the gauge cluster), if you don't use a switch source, the LED will be on all the time. Then grounded to the body with the black wire. The two blue wires go to the fat RED power wire and the fat YELLOW ignition wire in the igition wiring pack. They are basically skipping the ignition switch when they are engaged. Sorry no pic.

For the next part, you can do a couple things. You have to disable PASSLOCK. This is the part I got hung up on. You can either :
1) use a module like the DEI 555L (which I tried and did not work, although not sure if I wired it correctly), or you can
2) Find the resistance of your key by using a multimeter and cutting the yellow PASSLOCK wire while the key is in the ON position and bridging the KEY SIDE of the yellow wire to the BLACK ground wire, then using a series of resistors connect the BCM side of the yellow wire to the BLACK ground wire, or in my case,
3) Use a simple ON/OFF switch and bridge the yellow PASSLOCK wire. In order to do this, the car must be running. Once running, cut the yellow wire, splice the switch into either side of the yellow wires, and make sure the switch is in the ON position. Once all spliced in, flip the switch to OFF. I wrapped electrical tape around it, so its switched to that position. NOTE: this method will disable the security system and leave the security light on. I just took that bulb out lol.

Turn the car off, wait a few minutes and start it up normally. If it works, awesome, if not, try one of the other methods.

Turn the car off, connect the wiring from the button to the relay box. Turn the key to ON position. Push your beautiful new Engine Start button and bask in its gloriousness!

Done lost my mind
Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #52
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

oh. my diagram is for a keyless push start.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #53
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #54
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
oh. my diagram is for a keyless push start.

where do you have the two switches for the relays mounted? Did you put the push button where the ignition was? Get a pic up!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #55
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

my cars interior is still stripped lol. i plan to have it in center console

Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #56
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
want to do this mod soo bad

p.s whered u put the hazard switch?
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video

Last edited by spc2125 : 02-13-2012 at 11:02 PM.
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #57
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

well i glassed over and shaved the stock hole for the hazard switch. its going to just stay on the inside of the dash and wont be accessible.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #58
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
here this is for a 2 relay, 2 switch, 1 push button setup:

you could really do as many relays and switches as you wanted though.
I personally think you should label those better!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #59
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
A darn good way.. Buy a keyless PTS kit from somewhere... this will work even slicker than just wiring up some toggles and a button to crank.

Install it essentially like a RS. Use a few relays and a resistor matched to the internal resistance inside the key cyl for the passlock bypass. Relays should be wired to trigger with ignition.

The resistor goes from the cut yellow passlock wire on the BCM side to the black passlock wire. and a relays closes that circuit to create the bypass.

From there it's cake.. disable steering lock, that's about it.

If you're making it yourself. Use toggles to trigger relays to power brown/orange wires for ACC, Pink/White for IGN (if I remember my colors right), make sure to have the ignition toggle activate that relay/resistor bypass. Finally, use a push button to power up the yellow wire.. that's the starter.

Get around the wheel lock somehow and you're done.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #60
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
itching to do this mod.... just trying to comprehend all this electronics lingo
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote