Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 06-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #21
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
well I am really into the street scene and from what i know and have ever seen is that people laugh at a person who has alot in the engine and its an automatic is that not so? I mean I believe a manual is better than an auto.
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #22
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
auto will shift cleaner and quicker then a manual (unless the driver is REALLY skilled)

from what i've seen/heard, people who use manual just really like the feel of it, and tend to shift at different times (when they FEEL they need to shift) instead of when the computer would tell them to.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #23
CBLOHM3400
Trying To Help

CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
wow great start keep up the good work pics please
oh by the way hello and welcome
Old 06-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
manuals lose far less horsepower/torque from engine-->wheels, however an auto can shift far quicker than a manual and always shifts at the exact correct point you set it to. pair that with a powerful engine, and you'll smoke every manual you meet.

depends on what you want. manuals impress high school kids, autos win races.

some like the feel and activeness a manual promotes, others like convenience and consistency. i like convenience. you never know when you might have to rapidly accelerate while shooting out your window.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #25
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome and sound nice looking forward to pictures...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #26
cliffordwoeller

Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
Thanks everyone thats stopped by to read my thread and welcome me. I think I this is gonna be a new point in my life and continue the obsession for the love of my car,my individuality, and just for the love of looking,feeling,and driving that is the result of my hard work,blood sweat tears and efforts.

I have purchased a membership from here so we can keep this awesome place going and to show my support to the online community and to the public, and to show that me , AleroMod.com and anyone else that wants to pursue their dreams and goals that we are serious and we arent going away.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #27
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
welcome to aleromod! sounds like you've done a lot to your alero. Lets see the pics!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #28
cliffordwoeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
welcome to aleromod! sounds like you've done a lot to your alero. Lets see the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickyslick View Post
Welcome and sound nice looking forward to pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLOHM3400 View Post
wow great start keep up the good work pics please
oh by the way hello and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
damn. besides an extreme lack of new paragraphs sounds like your off to a better start then most people who have been members for years. congrats.

welcome aboard, and post some pics of that, i know many of us will be interested in what it looks like.

Again I am out of town right now.I went to the Texas Tuner Showdown @ the Texas MotorPlex in Ennis Texas(thats a NHRA Drag strip,Think they host the oriley fall nationals)So since I was down here I decided to spend the weekend with my parents and since they are getting up there in age I told them I would stay til this evenbing to mow their lawns and do anything else that would help them out. So as soon as I get home I am posting all pics of my carand other related items I have talked about. But if you cant wait that long then you can go to www.myspace.com/taylorzippers and look at the pictures of my car. you can add me as a friend if you want. you will just need my last name. And if you cant figure that out then you might need to seek professional help lol jk
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #29
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
nice car dude. it doesnt look like you have lowering springs.....
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
cliffordwoeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
nice car dude. it doesnt look like you have lowering springs.....

hmmm that might have been before the springs got put in but i will have to look at the pics but if not i def will get some newer ones up. Keep in mind I have only had this since march 08 and so I have already sunk alot of money in her really quick so I havent been able to keep the picture updated and wish i would have taken before pictures but i had an image of what i wanted in my head and that was the only thing i was thinking about
Old 06-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #31
Blender345
GX Member

Blender345 is on a distinguished road
nice lookin car from what i can see and welcome. how'd you get the engine so clean?

Last edited by Blender345 : 06-02-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Blender345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #32
cliffordwoeller

Oh god if i had a dime for every hour i spent scrubbing that engine. I am the kinda person I try to take care of everything so there is little room for negative feedback. I used hmmm i forget what its called but its at autozone in the purple bottle its a strong form of degreaser and used a sponge and a light abrasive scrubbing pad and a pressure washer and spent hours trying to get every nook and cranny of the engine so it would look good. and now i just spray it down with degreaser and pressure wash the whole engine and thats how I keep it clean.I have had a few people say they cant believe how clean the engine is with the amount of miles i have on it. so that makes me feel really good to hear that and that some people can see my hard work and the fine details
Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #33
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard, Cliff!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #34
cliffordwoeller

hey thanks daytona appreciate the warm welcome....

Just so I guess its out there I like to thank everyone individually for their comments and other posts in referance to me and being a newbie... because all this can be a lil overwhelming going from thinking your the only one wanting to hook up an alero to seeing alot of people wanting to be different in their own way
Old 06-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #35
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah we do have a very eclectic array of people here...myself included
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #36
cliffordwoeller

well i think i am gonna fit in perfectly here
Old 06-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #37
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordwoeller View Post
hey thanks daytona appreciate the warm welcome....

Just so I guess its out there I like to thank everyone individually for their comments and other posts in referance to me and being a newbie... because all this can be a lil overwhelming going from thinking your the only one wanting to hook up an alero to seeing alot of people wanting to be different in their own way

This forum really took off a few years ago when it was evident that there was very little available out there for us to utilize when trying to mod our Aleros. Together, there have been a lot of great developments shared amongst each other. and the strength of the forum has gotten a few vendors to finally put out some stuff for us, to, so we're not trying to fabricate everything from scratch.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #38
cliffordwoeller

well lets keep the movement going and keep it strong
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #39
Blender345
GX Member

Blender345 is on a distinguished road
my dad told me not to get the engine wet... i was gunna hose down everything under the hood just to make it look better and he told me definately not.... but if you pressure washed it... then would it be alright to hose everything down?
Blender345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #40
cliffordwoeller

well I have done it already about 15 times so far and thats with the degreaser and a high pressure wash. I let the engine cool down before i pretty much soak the engine well maybe not soak it but just spray it down. and I havent had any problems with it yet.