Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #21
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
haha by powerplant i meant engine. not sad, its a learning experience.

link the the supercharger sticky in the 2.4l forum. you have the 99 which poses some problems i beleive, but im no expert

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8179
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
Blender345
GX Member

Blender345 is on a distinguished road
no website links I can get? I don't get why it's such a pain to find a site with a turbo system with a price attached lol... I'm guessing you have to buy a BOV seperately?
Blender345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #23
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

www.gmpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 12498660
GM LIST: $1,929.00
OUR PRICE: $1,404.31
Old 06-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #24
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

but really check out that link i posted a few ago, its the whole thread about the supercharger
Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #25
Blender345
GX Member

Thanks guys and sorry for being a pain in the ass... I've been wondering this for a long time and now I can sleep better at night lol.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #26
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

haha no appology necissary, again, its all about learning, and ur helping me pad my post count. nice.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #27
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blender345 View Post
Thanks guys and sorry for being a pain in the ass... I've been wondering this for a long time and now I can sleep better at night lol.

we all started somewhere. at least you can admit your noobness.

and indeed, BOV sounds are amazing.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #28
Blender345
GX Member

That's why I want one so bad but I can't afford a boost system and would feel dumb if I got a fake one (which I haven't even seen after all of this searching on google lol). But again I am very happy to be a part of this community, you guys are more than helpful and patient and understanding.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #29
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...lero_46599.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...clip_46615.htm
^gives good view of blow-off valve
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
no website links I can get? I don't get why it's such a pain to find a site with a turbo system with a price attached lol... I'm guessing you have to buy a BOV seperately?

that's because no one makes turbo kits for the LD9 (2.4L), you have to piece it together. www.j-body.org has lots of information on boosting the LD9.

like i said, google and figure out how it all works, www.howstuffworks.com is great for learning about how engines and turbochargers work
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #31
Blender345
GX Member

thanks guys.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the resource i'm making will also explain things in detail pertaining to forced induction including parts lists upgrades etc.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #33
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Go for the GM supercharger. It's more of a Bolt on.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #34
Blender345
GX Member

I can't afford anything like that. If it were a couple hundred then no problem, but over 1k is a bit excessive for me and my car isn't in mint shape... could possibly die anyday having 150k miles on it. I wish I had the money to not have to worry about it but that isn't the case. I just loved that sound and I'll have to keep dreaming lol.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #35
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
i wouldnt worry too much about the car dieing, especially the engine. ive got a 2.4 with over 160k and the engine is fine, and [ion] has the same engine with over 180k (if i am correct) and hes got a s/c with no major problems (again if i am correct). so dont be afraid of the high milage, these angines r pretty damn durable. good luck with the car.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #36
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I kinda doubt the ricer you saw that day had a turbo, just the BOV

You are talking about turboing the car, for the sound? Makes on sense to me. You turbo or s/c a car for the speed. Ricers get different BOV's to sound louder becasue they want EVERYBODY to know that they can't drive

The S/C kit listed above would be your best and cheapest bet. Bolt on, reprogram, and go

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #37
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17

yeah.. because its TOTALLY unlikely that an import can be balls out modded. that just NEVER happens.

ken.. your starting to show your american ignorance....
Old 06-06-2008, 09:16 AM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yes he is, haha. A lot of import vehicles are turbocharged with a blow off valve. I've never seen one with a fake one yet. So a loud blow off valve means you can't drive?

BOV import oh noes: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RM1sGPwVSrU
Old 06-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #39
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Quote:
I can't afford anything like that. If it were a couple hundred then no problem, but over 1k is a bit excessive for me and my car isn't in mint shape... could possibly die anyday having 150k miles on it. I wish I had the money to not have to worry about it but that isn't the case. I just loved that sound and I'll have to keep dreaming lol.

LOL as long as you dont beat the hell out of it (like i did) you will be fine.
Mine only had 106 k and had rod knock. You can always save up money and do it little by litle till you get a nice set up. Also if your worried about the motor you can order a crate motor and put a new one in. ( i do think they run over 1k but if you look around you might find a deal) also you dont have to buy a kit, Buy piece by piece on line like ebay or something and you can get a whole turbo kit pretty cheap depending on the turbo you use

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #40
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I kinda doubt the ricer you saw that day had a turbo, just the BOV

You are talking about turboing the car, for the sound? Makes on sense to me. You turbo or s/c a car for the speed. Ricers get different BOV's to sound louder becasue they want EVERYBODY to know that they can't drive

The S/C kit listed above would be your best and cheapest bet. Bolt on, reprogram, and go

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post

yeah.. because its TOTALLY unlikely that an import can be balls out modded. that just NEVER happens.

ken.. your starting to show your american ignorance....

Ken, I see sooo many cars these days that actually have turbos, so it's not that far-fetched (thank Ebay for that). However, I totally agree with you about turbo just for the sound of it.

Chris, I'm a little upset with you. One thing to defend ricers, and one thing to attack your fellow Aleromodder.....but where the eff do you get off stereotyping Americans as ignorant, and if you're that ashamed of being American where you can't even capitalize the word, by all means, move to another country (you have the freedom to do that, remember?) where you can be proud to be one of whatever they are.

Yeah, we all know there are a few idiots out there, but to slap that label on as a generalization, you truly disappointed me for the first time. This place is getting rediculous.

-BlackJack- OUT!

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote