Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
jerzboi87
GX Member

jerzboi87 is on a distinguished road
dents question

I am tryin to do my best to fix my alero that i had bought
i have two big dents (one on the roof and one on the hood) and a bunch of door dingers
any one have any ideas how to get the little ones out with out havin to pay to get em fixed

thanks!
jerzboi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
hoods, roofs, deck lids, are the hardest to get dents out, some can be removes by paintless dent removal, or if they cant do it then thats where we step in and fix the dents
i suggest not tryin to fix the hood and roof, due to the lack of experience, and due to the dents you want to fix are on the worst panles on the car
so i suggest tryin pdr or have the panles fixed
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not sure about this but a friend told me this. He told me to get one of those cans that blow air. I dont remember what its called, but they use it to remove dust from keyboards and stuff. After you get the can, he told me to just blow a big bunch of air with the can onto the dent. After that, just let it cool down and supposedly by when its cool, the dent will lift out. You may want to look it up on youtube, thats where he told me he saw it. Someone also once suggested to me using a plunger, but that sounds wayyyyyyyy to ghetto, even for me.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
lmao yeah i had a body shop look at the one i have on the rear driver tire well and said they would charge 500 for it to be fixed and painted
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i just wail around it with a ball pein hammer until the whole fender is the same depth as the first dent. "if you can't beat them,join them" mentality.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
wow, no sorry dude compressed air in a can will not get dents out, sometimes real small dents i can pop out with my torch, but were talkin about a dent the size of a quater
i suggest paintless dent repair and go from there
Old 06-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
I've also heard that dry ice can actually pull out really mild dents as well. But I agree with the paintless dent repair. I'm going to try that with my wife's car probably before we sell it.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
I've also heard that dry ice can actually pull out really mild dents as well. But I agree with the paintless dent repair. I'm going to try that with my wife's car probably before we sell it.

Me too. I heard it and saw it work. Might try it.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #9
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
the whole compressed air idea is funny because the air coming out of those cans is COLD not hot. so how would it cool down?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #10
bdyman
GLS member

dry ice method does work on small dents, i wont go into the process for it to long to boring
dude how would cold air cool down???
so dude try PDR first
Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #11
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
wow, no sorry dude compressed air in a can will not get dents out, sometimes real small dents i can pop out with my torch, but were talkin about a dent the size of a quater
i suggest paintless dent repair and go from there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNykNl-0NM

hate to prove u wrong but watch
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
bdyman
GLS member

i dont give a flyin rats ass wut video u post i know it wont, so for that video your banned
Old 06-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
01silveralero

well just because u dont use that way doesnt mean it doesnt work though
Old 06-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
i dont give a flyin rats ass wut video u post i know it wont, so for that video your banned

You're banning him for showing a video about fixing dents that works, and just because you don't beleive it?? Did you not take science in high school, or have you even made it to high school yet?? It is basic physics, that proves in itself that it works!!!!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #15
01silveralero

its alright kilroy the guy doesnt want to listen so thats perfectly fine. he just doesnt want to hear the truth that it works. im sure he has alot of experience with working with dents it may not exactly be the "perfect" way to get the dent out entirely but it does make it not noticeable.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #16
Valley olds
GLS member

Adam337, I actually meant the opposite of cool down, which I guess is Warm down. My bad
Old 06-15-2008, 01:40 AM   #17
bdyman
GLS member

oh ya your all right, iam such a dumbass, oh me oh my what am i goin to do i was called a dumbass online i must go slit my wrists now
laugh all you want while you were suckin on momma`s nipple i was in a shop learning a trade that makes me money and made a name for my self
so no iam sorry iam not a cool desk jocky like allot of you kids on here so i guess that makes me a complete dumbass
Old 06-15-2008, 03:18 AM   #18
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
yopu know i think the one should be banned is bdyman he seems like an egotistical run your mouth big shot that prob isnt nothing ...i mean he had no right to just be a complete jerk for no given reason
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #19
bdyman
GLS member

lol i have been banned so many times it dont bother me, but when iam attacked i attack back, so let me get this straight you want a 15 yr jorney man to believe that a can or compressed air can take a dent out is this right, so when i go to work on monday, and try to remove a dent with my blow gun becasue it is compressed air right, and when my boss see`s me doing this and starts to laugh his ass off, i should tell him no no wait scot some kids on a forum told me that if i take compressed air i can remove this dent, or even better yet maybe compressed air can pull frames, ya!!! or or maybe compressed air can fix b-pillars,, 1/4 panel,, hell i could be a effin millionaire all becasue of compressed air
now c`mon anyone with fab`n skill knows that heat/ and cold shrinking WITH A HAMMER shapes metal
i would be the laughin stock at the shop, but i will tell everyone that the kids on aleromod.com are way more knowlegble then some old guy hell i dont know shit compressed air is the shixnit right, what was i thinking?!?!?!?
mods admin do what ya want i give up

Last edited by bdyman : 06-15-2008 at 08:03 AM. Reason: people are stupid
Old 06-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #20
Valley olds
GLS member

Hey bdyman, I am just offering some advice I heard. I ain't pointing a gun at anyone's head so they believe me. I myself, am kind of skeptical, but I will not shoot the idea down because I haven't tried it, or seen the video myself. Also using compressed air in a can, is for someone who doesnt have the propper tools like you do. I know I don't have a torch to use whenever I feel like it. The reason I would try this after some research, is because I have a very low budget. I don't know where you live, but down here, PDR is like 50$ a dent (door dings). What do you think someone without a job will most likely do, research and buy a 5$ can of compressed air, or go and pay 50$ he doesnt have per dent for PDR?