Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
hey bdyman, you heard anything about that simioniz, do it yourself dent puller kit for pulling out small dings
Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yes our PDR guys uses it, and it works, its to bad your down south our PDR guys is awesome and he is cheap too,
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #23
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
lol i have been banned so many times it dont bother me, but when iam attacked i attack back, so let me get this straight you want a 15 yr jorney man to believe that a can or compressed air can take a dent out is this right, so when i go to work on monday, and try to remove a dent with my blow gun becasue it is compressed air right, and when my boss see`s me doing this and starts to laugh his ass off, i should tell him no no wait scot some kids on a forum told me that if i take compressed air i can remove this dent, or even better yet maybe compressed air can pull frames, ya!!! or or maybe compressed air can fix b-pillars,, 1/4 panel,, hell i could be a effin millionaire all becasue of compressed air
now c`mon anyone with fab`n skill knows that heat/ and cold shrinking WITH A HAMMER shapes metal
i would be the laughin stock at the shop, but i will tell everyone that the kids on aleromod.com are way more knowlegble then some old guy hell i dont know shit compressed air is the shixnit right, what was i thinking?!?!?!?
mods admin do what ya want i give up

How about breathing in a whole can of compressed air? That will definetly fix the problem.

If you TIP THE FRIGGIN CAN UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! you are in essence have a can of cooling agent. If you are too stupid to realize that you have to tip the can upside down, then PLEASE tell me where you work, so i will NEVER brink my vehicle there. As I said, simple physics explains it. I couldn't give a shit if you had 40 years in bodywork, just because you've never done it before doesn't mean it won't work!!!!!!

And throwing in the "canned air can straghten a frame" stuff, just goes to prove how much of an idiot you are!!!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #24
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
wow... haven't seen bdyman around in a while... i remember arguing with him becasue i asked a tip on how to paint my own car and he insisted that anyone who doesn't have his 15 year experience or whatever is incapable of doing anything but consuming oxygen. no compressed air won't do anything... but super cooled liquid CO2 will... he must not have watched the vid... the science behind it makes perfect sense to me... mioght not be the cleanest fix but it's better than nothing if you can't afford to pay somebody to do it for you. i do agree with him though that it's not something that will fix things as well as an actual repair. but bdyman... tone it down with the noobs... they get easily offended and haven't been around long enough to know that you are a grumpy guy.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #25
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
you guys can think what you want to i dont need to be a effin rocket scientist to fix a car, dry ice on small quater size dents will work, but how the in the world can you tell me that compressed air is goin to pull a dent out???
so if i take my blow gun tip it upside down right side up shove it up your ass how is it goin to pull a dent out, especially if a dent has a real bad crease around it, HOW?!?!?!?
iam not the dumb ass here i know compressed air will not pull a dent out i know it wont, i showed this thread to my boss and the rest of the guys and everyone at work laughed ther ass`s off at the fact that you kids think that a can of compressed air is going to pull a dent out
dont worry my talent will never touch your effin car prick, only the midwest guys will have there cars touched by a professional
but hey wtf do i know iam just a dumbass, and i dont a phd to fix cars like the rest of you kids do
Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #26
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the workshop! damn cant you shut up and accept the fact that it works????? I JUST WENT AND DID IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I believe they are talking about canned air, not an compressed air gun. when inverted the propellant in the can is shot out, instead of the air, which will come out as a supercooling liquid (for the second before it evaporates) it works the same as dry ice.

http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-...ly-and-cheaply

should be the second one on the page...

this won't be a flawless job, of course. if you want your car to look stock (or better) you'd have to have a shop do it...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #28
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn Bdyman, you are really taking this out of hand. Nowhere in your last post did I see an argument from your behalf on why the can wouldnt work. Everybody else seems to be showing links to support them, and all I see you do is talk about what a bad idea it is without anything to back what your saying up. If there are videos and links about this, there must be some truth behind it. Shouldnt there?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #29
Blender345
GX Member

Blender345 is on a distinguished road
bdyman if your going to get that angry about it, you probably shouldn't bother looking at the thread. It seems like you don't want anyone to accept anything under "a professional job". Not everyone wants to spend that kind of money. I am happy this method worked for you and if I ever get dents I will def try it. Bdyman I suggest you try it to... why not?
Blender345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #30
bdyman
GLS member

never will i try that, iam too stupid to try it and i dont have a phd in physics so i will stick to my old skool ways to shape metal
i ban my self
Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #31
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
wow another one. first off for the question, i'd just go ask around at your local body shop. they will usually tell you lots of good information.

second, yes bdyman (sickfish, whatever u want to be called) you do have lots of knowledge and experience, but you are so into yourself all you ever think is your way is the only one that works. that is not true. are lots of different methods and everyone with a different opinion isn't always in you words "a dumbass". you have been banned for that before, you should be smarter than that. but time and time again you prove that you are not and just cut down other members for no reason, proving that u you are the dumbass. not them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the workshop!
nope, he's just always like that.

i'm done ranting now

Last edited by jayson_waltz : 06-18-2008 at 07:18 PM.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #32
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
yes our PDR guys uses it, and it works, its to bad your down south our PDR guys is awesome and he is cheap too,

were you replying to my question??? if so, i saw the "as seen on TV" simioniz do it yourself PDR kit at wal mart and i was curious if it was worth buying, and i know your the man when it comes to this stuff
Old 06-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #33
bdyman
GLS member

not into my self into my trade, iam very very passionate about what i do for a living, have allot of knowledge, and tell people the correct way to fix cars, if someone cant handle the way iam turn the other way, if ya like my in your face advice i will be more then happy to help
ask anyone how often i have helped allot of members on this forum,
from scot all the way to brent
you meet me in person iam the same way, an ahoe but a ahoe that gives good advice
Old 06-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #34
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
not into my self into my trade, iam very very passionate about what i do for a living, have allot of knowledge, and tell people the correct way to fix cars, if someone cant handle the way iam turn the other way, if ya like my in your face advice i will be more then happy to help
ask anyone how often i have helped allot of members on this forum,
from scot all the way to brent
you meet me in person iam the same way, an ahoe but a ahoe that gives good advice
Guys, you may hate his tude but you should heed his warnings and listen to his advice, he is an artist in his trade.
I have personally seen his work and so have many others. He has helped many on here who have screwed up over the years and many from making the mistake in the first place. I have been helped by him.

Call him a grumpy ahoe or whatever, but he will not steer you wrong. The man is B/S free, no facade with him. In person he is not as bad as he says though.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #35
Blender345
GX Member

I understand that he gives great advice and is probably a great person and very helpful, but he was wrong in saying that something doesn't work when he has never tried it, that is the only problem anyone has had, and no one can deny that that was the wrong thing to do. How can you say something doesn't work without trying it? Doesn't look good, especially when it DOES work (according to most other people on here, including the one with the problem). I am not trying to be a rooster and have nothing against bdyman, just saying if you don't know for a fact, you probably shouldn't say that stuff. If he doesn't want a mint job and save a couple bucks... why get on his ass about it? It's his car... as long as he's happy more power to him.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #36
bdyman
GLS member

i love you too andy, the method i have used is dry ice, thats it iam not sayin no more
Old 06-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #37
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Bdyman, how thick is your skull?? The propellant in a can of canned air is just as cold as dry ice. Common fuggin sense tells you that if dry ice works, which you openly admit does, then using the propellant from a can of canned air will work too. If you would rather enjoy stick COMPRESSED air up your ass, then go for it, whatever turns your crank. NO ONE on here was even talking about compressed air, we where all talking about CANNED air, which uses a propellant that when compressed is in a liquid form, but when decompressed is in a gaseous form. (basically like the properties of ANY gas!!!) Friggin grade school teaches you that!!. NOW, when you turn a can of canned air (which isn't really air at all) upside down, you release the LIQUID that suddenly decompresses, cause immense cold to happen. (This is the part where highschool physics comes in!)

If you can't get this through your thick skull, then forget it. Everyone else knows it will work, common sense and physics tells you it will work, too bad your vastly superior knowledge of bodywork can't tell you it will work.

Have a nice day!
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #38
bdyman
GLS member

and again i see i have to have a phd or be a rocket sciencetist to fix cars no it nothing like dry ice, different ball game, but go ahead and try it and post pics up so i can get a good laugh
Old 06-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #39
Blender345
GX Member

I think all you need is to get by 5th grade, or be able to hold a can. Nowhere near needing a phd, just common sense
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #40
bdyman
GLS member

like i said letssee your can of compressed air pull a dent and when you do post pics and lets see the results so i can laugh and show the guys at work