Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #41
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Sounds just like me 2 years ago, anyone remember the giant thing i planned on putting on the Alero? Still put it on, but in shrunk format. Then took it off.
Don't do it!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #42
Psyfox
GX Member

Psyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAlero2000 View Post
Sounds just like me 2 years ago, anyone remember the giant thing i planned on putting on the Alero? Still put it on, but in shrunk format. Then took it off.
Don't do it!

Lol, too late, it's already on. I'll have pictures for you guys soon, just relax.

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Psyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:13 AM   #43
StoopidAlero
GL Member

StoopidAlero is on a distinguished road
No problem bro. Gotta back up my STL brother. And you going to school in rolla? My mom went there and my family grew up in rolla and eminence
StoopidAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #44
Psyfox
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoopidAlero View Post
No problem bro. Gotta back up my STL brother. And you going to school in rolla? My mom went there and my family grew up in rolla and eminence

I am in fact, for mechanical and aerospace engineering. And that's kinda funny...small world. Well if you're ever passing through, I'm the RA at Kelly A this year. I'm sure she knows where that's at and can point ya. You'll probably see my Alero before you see me since it's parked on the street...I'm on the wait list for an actual parking pass, lol.

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #45
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingandrunning View Post
wow i can't wait to clean my car up and post pictures to see what ion says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
Don't hate because I didn't drop 5k into turboing, which I don't think is the greatest idea for the Alero anyway because it's a front wheel drive car. Ion, I realize that you're a huge performance guy, and I respect that...hell I think your Alero is pretty awesome, but that's not the route I'm going (notice the siggy).
I spent $1300 on turbocharging. It could've been done for less if I hadn't used a $230 external wastegate. My mention of $5,000 was TOTAL. As in bodywork, paint, interior, engine, wheels, turbocharging and all other minor items.

I understand you're going for the show-car look, but just because it's a show car doesn't mean it has to be ugly. When you start seeing the same wing on every pile-o-shit on the road, you might regret putting it on. That's all I'm saying. By all means do what you want, we're just here to try and give you some tasteful advice so you don't make a mistake and have to re-mod over and over like I did lol. I used to have a huge wing.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #46
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

I spent $1300 on turbocharging. It could've been done for less if I hadn't used a $230 external wastegate. My mention of $5,000 was TOTAL. As in bodywork, paint, interior, engine, wheels, turbocharging and all other minor items.

I understand you're going for the show-car look, but just because it's a show car doesn't mean it has to be ugly. When you start seeing the same wing on every pile-o-shit on the road, you might regret putting it on. That's all I'm saying. By all means do what you want, we're just here to try and give you some tasteful advice so you don't make a mistake and have to re-mod over and over like I did lol. I used to have a huge wing.

i used to have a fart can, a bunch of vynal stickers, and a rattle can paint job...
Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #47
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah please avoid the huge wing, every gawdy civic I see has that, and all the ricy V6 Mustange with asshats driving them have it, it has a real negative vibe to it, like it screams idk wtf im doing or something, IMO. I used to think haveing a spoiler was cool I wanted an aluminum one, but I realised that it was a bad idea, and kinda looked dumb, thankfully befor I ever bought one. Giv this some real searus thought, befor you go and do something you will regret.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #48
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
oh don't post street racing stories a lot of people on here people do not like that and will get on you for it. So please edit that before someone else reads it.

Last edited by wrestlingandrunning : 08-09-2009 at 12:28 PM.
wrestlingandrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #49
KenshinZero
GLS member

Street Racing =
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #50
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
yeea id edit that, ur gunna catch flak, its on thing to race with a big group on a deserted street where ur out of peoples way but a race at a light? thats just askin for trouble

Last edited by heineck : 08-09-2009 at 01:00 PM.
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #51
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Too late

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #52
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
lol who are you guys talking about mentioning street racing
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #53
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
lol who are you guys talking about mentioning street racing

Mods deleted it
Old 08-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #54
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
wheres the pictures at
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #55
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

yes you spent 1300 k turboing because its a 4 banger.. im pretty sure his v6 would take more than that i found out the hard way
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #56
NickAlero2000
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i used to have a fart can, a bunch of vynal stickers, and a rattle can paint job...

I think everyone who has been into cars had a ricer stage at one point.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #57
Psyfox
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
wheres the pictures at

Pictures will be up when I have some more time. Right now I'm going through training for my Residential Assistant position at my college and it literally eats up about 12 hours per day. I'll try and take some tomorrow, but right now I just got back from a 2 day camp and am just ready for bed.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #58
NickAlero2000
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
Pictures will be up when I have some more time. Right now I'm going through training for my Residential Assistant position at my college and it literally eats up about 12 hours per day. I'll try and take some tomorrow, but right now I just got back from a 2 day camp and am just ready for bed.

So does mine! And I'm still chillen on here and have time for shit
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #59
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Psyfox,
Because you are my new "pick-on" buddy, I say post pics now or I will come down there and smack you around with a camera and hope to get some good pics that I can post up on the forums. LOL
Just kidding. I work 16 hour days and am on here most on the time, what are you complaining for?
-Smurf-
Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #60
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Yea take some pictures then come to import face-off sept 6th at kcir
wrestlingandrunning is offline   Reply With Quote