Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #21
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick View Post
It will be the first mod I do other than sending my tails to FLIP (shameless plug: http://flipscustomtails.com ) for a nice tint coat - I've used VHT before with good results, but his work is phenomenal.

Maybe, but I didn't see Alero listed on there

If you're thinking about moving beyond just tint try to contact Anderbra, he is a custom light god

His work might not be cheap, but you can bet your life it will be top quality

www.anderbrainnovations.com

Last edited by Ttop191 : 01-11-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Ttop191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #22
xnick
GX Member

xnick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post

If you're thinking about moving beyond just tint try to contact Anderbra, he is a custom light god

Thanks for the info, I'll prolly just keep the stockers tinted - I'm not a fan of the euro look... especially on a GM He'll tint whatever you wanna send him, already contacted him for a qoute.
xnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
...if you feel like waiting 4 years for a finished product...

You probably won't see me, even if you look. There isn't much different about my car from all the others (besides the Aleromod.com stickers on the base of the front windows) At night you might see it lit up as i'm driving around, but even that is doubtful... I'm a stock ninja.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #24
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #25
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome!!!

To answer your second follow up question. Yes you can get the AGX adjustable struts for our cars. I have heard they are very nice. Personally if you are going to spend the money on AGXs and a set of decent springs, like eibachs, you might as well spend a couple hundred extra and get a custom set of coilovers.

The 3400 is a great motor and for what it will cost you to swap in a 3800 you can have a pretty beastly 3400.

Again, Welcome to the SITE!!!!!

DON'T CLEAR YOUR CORNERS!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
xnick
GX Member

Got the car last night, started working on it today.

<--- Will eventually look this sexy.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #27
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
Looking good, see you finally aquired it.
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #28
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the NEW TOY!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #29
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Howdy howdy and welcome. I'm afraid I won't be much help to you as everything you want to currently do are things I am getting ready to learn about and do myself.

Oldsnut, you're bug signature freaked the hell outta me. Was staring for a few seconds wondering if it really was on there...
Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #30
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
great looking car... and for the 3800 swap DON'T do it... I wanna be the only one with it lol... j/k... no really if you wanna seriously do it... I can help or I can do it for you at my shop... and CLEAR YOUR CORNERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #31
xnick
GX Member

Corners are getting cleared before it goes on the road, along with black headlight bezels. I tinted the tail lights with VHT to my liking, and I'm going to be calling some body shops to see how much it will cost me to have them clear them and shine them up, I am not very good at wet-sanding or buffing. I figure a few coats of clear and a shine shouldn't cost too much.

I just order some amber LEDs for the turn signals for when I clear the corners, and ordered a CAI that I'm hoping will work well: http://www.energyspeed.com/servlet/t...ake-Kit/Detail

Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
TxAlero
GX Member

TxAlero is on a distinguished road
Yey another 3400... Welcome from Texas!! YeeHA
TxAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #33
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post

DO NOT GO TO HIM FOR ANYTHING we had a group about 2 years ago and he made one set of tails and then disappeared with all of are money.Heres the link to the group buy http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23216
Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #34
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
to address your 3800 swap and/or turbo questions....

a 3400 can be built N/A to make as much power as a L67 (stock) swap.

I have turbo'ed my 3400, but it's home-built, not a kit......and I'll put it up against even a moderately built L67 without a second thought. I also successfully swapped a 4T65

Got questions? let me know.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #35
xnick
GX Member

thanks for the info, I'm not going with custom tails because I don't like the look, thanks for the heads up on the guy tho.

I'm prolly not going to 3800 swap it, I'd love to, but I think I decided to go more for looks instead of speed. I'm not into body kits or lambo doors so we'll see how far I can get on looks lol.

I just got done clearing the corners, and painting the headlights black. I also installed a red LED in the high and low beams on each light, it looks sick lit up with just the LEDs! I kind of wish I would have put on in the parking light area to tho..