Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
tylershiltz05
GX Member

tylershiltz05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
It sounds like it's going to tear your shit up. I do t have any vids but my grandma says it sounds like a race car and my geek ds tell me it's too freekin loud. By not pound enough to get me pulled over.

ha..sweet..
Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #22
tylershiltz05
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
It sounds like it's going to tear your shit up. I do t have any vids but my grandma says it sounds like a race car and my geek ds tell me it's too freekin loud. By not pound enough to get me pulled over.

oh and heres a video u can watch...its not 0-60..its just showing the launch my car has.. http://www.youtube.com/user/tylershiltz05?feature=mhee
Old 09-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #23
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #24
tylershiltz05
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
Welcome to the site.

thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #25
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
i might be a little late but welcome to the site

yeah right!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #26
tylershiltz05
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zearchyo View Post
i might be a little late but welcome to the site

thanks!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #27
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
I still call bs, your claiming over 50 gained hp from a chip that doesn't do anything. And no, I will not buy one. I'd much rather put my money into worthwhile mods
Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #28
DUSTIN0285
UnOrThOdOx

DUSTIN0285 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to know how a scan tool tells you your HP/torque numbers????
Old 09-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #29
tylershiltz05
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
I still call bs, your claiming over 50 gained hp from a chip that doesn't do anything. And no, I will not buy one. I'd much rather put my money into worthwhile mods

well i really dont care wat u call BS..as long as i know, thats all that matters..and if it doesnt do anything, then y is my car faster?? exactly..i really dont care wat ur opinion is on my "chip"..so go be an ass to someone else about there car..not mine..
Old 09-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #30
tylershiltz05
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUSTIN0285 View Post
I'd like to know how a scan tool tells you your HP/torque numbers????

its not a scan tool...idk wat it is..all i know is, u plug it in to the ECU port under the dash on the driver side..if ur alero is older than a 2001, u probly wont have one on ur car..an it tells u a whole lot of things..i think its called OBDII or something..
Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #31
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
dude...you would be the FIRST and ONLY person to have ever gained such benefits from some BS chip on a 3400 Alero.. there still is no absolute way to gain 50 hp from a chip your stock alero . I actually have my PCM(engine computer) tuned and I still wouldn't see a major gain in hp. You may feel a difference...but its not 50hp worth of a difference.

The truth is there is no performance chip that can truely offer what this company claims for Aleros. I'm only going to assume you're new to modding and car performance. Theres tuning software that acually gives real performance gains for Aleros....and you would probably still see a max of only 10HPish on a stock motor(ballpark value). 03Sleeper isn't being an ass. He's being truthful. He knows what he's talking about. It kinda annoys me that these stupid companies can screw unsuspecting people out of their money like that.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #32
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Also to expand on my last post...the fact that they claim that the G-Force chip will boost your car by 60HP and 4-7MPG is complete BS. If GM could make your car more efficient by 4-7MPG while also increasing the horsepower by 60HP why the hell wouldnt our cars come like that from the factory?

This chip connects to the Intake Air Temp sensor to fool your PCM into thinking that your car is intaking cooler air so it would add more fuel to your engine and may also advance timing. This chip is really just a crappy resistor that modifies a signal that gets sent to the PCM to make some changes. If you care about your car then you would remove that thing because it's not the smart way to make horsepower nor is it practical.

Read this:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...highlight=ebay

and this:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6217

Old 09-05-2011, 01:43 AM   #33
tylershiltz05
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
dude...you would be the FIRST and ONLY person to have ever gained such benefits from some BS chip on a 3400 Alero.. there still is no absolute way to gain 50 hp from a chip your stock alero . I actually have my PCM(engine computer) tuned and I still wouldn't see a major gain in hp. You may feel a difference...but its not 50hp worth of a difference.

The truth is there is no performance chip that can truely offer what this company claims for Aleros. I'm only going to assume you're new to modding and car performance. Theres tuning software that acually gives real performance gains for Aleros....and you would probably still see a max of only 10HPish on a stock motor(ballpark value). 03Sleeper isn't being an ass. He's being truthful. He knows what he's talking about. It kinda annoys me that these stupid companies can screw unsuspecting people out of their money like that.

ok..1, he was being an ass..an 2, yea a 45hp gain is a lot for a chip..but tell me this..how the hell am i going to beat a 210hp mustang by a good 2 car lengths? no stock 175hp alero is going to do that unless the mustang is sluggish(as in, needing a tune up an etc.)..no 4 popper alero is going to do it..an how do u know im the FIRST and ONLY person to have these types of gains?? have u talked to every alero owner on the planet? no. u havent so that was a lie..not trying to be an ahoe but im just fed up with ppl telling me my hp gains r bullshit, when there clearly NOT..especially when my cars ECU is telling me the horsepower and torque it has..if u drove my alero, and i showed u the readings, maybe youd believe me then..just because "chips" havent worked for u, or any 1 u know, doesnt mean they wont work at all..and to all u ppl on here that read this, and r still sayin this is BS, GET OFF MY POST..its not my fault u dont believe in "chips"..and i dont care if there frowned upon here in these forums, mine works, sucks that they never did for u..
Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #34
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

OK...i tried being nice and helping you out, but you clearly have no f**king clue about what the hell you are doing or what you are talking about. If these chips were all they were cracked up to be then everyone would be running them. Plus I also call major BS on you being able to beat a mustang with 210 HP..where did this race happen? Was he racing? Were you actually at a track? Was he sleeping? Also...I'll say it again...unlike your Alero, mine is truely tuned...wheres my 50HP? Understand what the IAT sensor does and what the G Force is actually doing before you come here talking smack.

Last edited by Shiwnath : 09-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #35
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylershiltz05 View Post
..especially when my cars ECU is telling me the horsepower and torque it has..

i effing love this...
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #36
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Also the fact that you have a V8 sticker backs up my claim further that you have no idea wtf you are doing or talking about.

P.S. Welcome to Aleromod. I don't think you're stupid.. Just uneducated on the topic of performance mods... It's not too late to learn man..do a lotta reading and you'll be fine.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #37
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
i effing love this...

Aleros come with a built in dyno..everyone knows this.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 AM   #38
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Quote:
its not a scan tool...idk wat it is..all i know is, u plug it in to the ECU port under the dash on the driver side..if ur alero is older than a 2001, u probly wont have one on ur car..an it tells u a whole lot of things..i think its called OBDII or something..

dude thats not an ecu port its an OBDII and all cars after 1996 have it wtf are u talking about. and if the gforce was so great youd think they would know that a 2 door is a coupe not a sedan click the dropbox for year and body for a chuckle

http://www.gforcechips.com/oldsmobilealero.aspx
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #39
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
I see one of two things happening here. (1) You're a 16 year old kid, this is your first car, and you know absolutely nothing about the way a car works; or (2) You're a troll whose just trying to stir up shit on our forum. If it's (2), just GTFO now. But if it's (1), I hope you won't get too discouraged by everyone here trying to fill you in on the truths that have been discovered about Aleros by the members of this site over the past decade. It's an EXCELLENT knowledge base, and a great place to learn everything you want to know about your car. Welcome to the site.

The truth is, there is no "magic chip" that can unlock 45 or 50 hp from an Alero by itself. What you're feeling is more of a placebo effect: you know it's supposed to feel faster, so you think it is. If one of us was to take that chip out of your car tonight without you knowing, and you drove it tomorrow, you most likely wouldn't even notice a difference. Also, the PCM can't tell you how much power the engine is creating, so plugging a tool into the OBD-II port (equipped in every car since 1996) to communicate with the PCM can't tell you that either. The BEST it can do is theorize (with a VERY wide margin for error). As for your other point, stock V6 Mustangs have never been able to keep up with stock 3400 Aleros. You say this race was done at a track? Do you have a timeslip? You can get close estimates on horsepower and torque using the numbers from track slips. You could submit that as actual proof of the power increase you're claiming.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
Old 09-05-2011, 02:31 AM   #40
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

yea? I might be an ass but at least I'm not coming to a new forum, lying to people who actually know what they're talking about then talking shit. and I am by no means a guru, but I have common sense on my side. I have one of those..says nothing about hp/tq.

if you don't know what OBDII is then you probably haven't been "modding" for long.. its an acronym for on board diagnostics and it started in 96 not 01, it wont say shit about power either. care to take some pics of your readings?
Closed Thread