Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Sleepys tuning thread.

Paul this one is basically for you. i hate to keep bugging you through pms and emails on questions. i feel like i sound annoying haha. but i sent you a pm a few days ago about how to get to the table to change what you requested with no reply. (i assure you, im not trying to sound like a rooster!!!) so mainly this it to Paul. or anyone with HPT knowledge.

anyway i posted this on GAGT as well. but almost no one there uses HPT. so i was out of luck. ill just paste everything i said over there to here. so here it is.

okay im going to use this thread as a place to ask my tuning questions when i have them. so i will ask one here in a sec. and maybe more down the road. so stay tuned.

anyway me and a guy from aleromod have been tweaking my tune. and sometimes when he tells me to change things its hard to find the table cause im still new to tuning and HPT. but hes usually so busy that when i ask where to go i sometimes dont get a reply.... (which i understand hes a busy guy! i just dont like to keep annoying him about how to do this and that and so on)

anyway he asked me to do this....

"Remove 2* timing from map of 96 and up

Get timing a constant 40* in the 45-58 map range

Little false KR shifting at high RPM but nothing to worry about

Trims look really good actually"

i asked him to break it down a little for me and i got this back.

"Look at your timing table, it is based on MAP pressure. Remove 2* from the table where it covers 96Kpa to the top of the table, the whole area"

all i need to know really is. how to get to the table he wants me to change. so if anyone knows can you say like open hpt> click engine> spark tab> etc... to help me out. i believe ive changed it before but now i cant seem to find the table.

one more thing. what does he mean by get timing a constant 40* in the 45-58 map range? bare with me im still learning in tuning. ive been making changes and sending him scans via email and been getting alot of help. im just trying to get one step closer to finishing the tuning so help is appreciated.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-12-2013 at 07:31 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
okay i found the table i believe. engine > spark > advance tab > main spark advance high/low octane.

said remove 2* from 96kpa. i see it as this. it goes up to .92 and i dont see it say kpa?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kpa.jpg (48.1 KB, 248 views)
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey bud...lol

Open your scan and "load all data"
In your scan, look to see where g/cyl are at when you are hitting MAP of 96kpa. Then go to the high timing table and remove 2* from where you hit 96kpa and carry that removal of 2* all the way to the top of the table. While tuning, make sure you are copying your high octane and pasting it to your low. Once the car is tuned you can remove 3* from the low table in case you do ever get a bad tank of gas, that's what the low table is for. If your MAF were to fail, your car would in turn also use the low timing table.
For cruise, timing it is good in the 40-42* range. Again, in your scan, find what g/cyl are reported in the 45-58kpa MAP range(the area that your car resides in at cruising speed) and adjust timing so you get 40-42* while cruising. I use the Graph view to find the area I want, then cursor over the spot your zeroing in on and switch to table view. In table view you will see g/cyl and MAP. When you cursor to where you see the MAP range you are looking for, just look at g/cyl and you will have the exact cell nailed for timing change... make sense????

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-12-2013 at 09:25 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
And here is probably a good place man, I can barely get on the PC anymore here because of the kids and that dam Netflix!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

I figured so haha kiddos!!!

Seems to make sense... ill give it a shot probably tomorrow. Gotta be up in 6 hours. So ill report back tomorrow and let you know if I have issues.

Thanks Paul!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-12-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

I should have said, when you have your MAP and can see g/cyl you need to reference RPM as well. The table works off g/cyl and RPM...
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

Haha okay. God this seems difficult. Ill give it a shot after work and report back.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

i cant find "load all data"
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay i loaded the scan. never saw a load all data. but i looked through the scan and it shows this...

at 96kpa it is .59 and .60 g/cyl. but the kPa went all the way to 100. dunno if that matters. but heres some data.

at 96 kpa it was .59 and .60 g/cyl.

at 98 kpa it was .60 g/cyl.

at 99 kpa it was .58 and .54 g/cyl

at 100 kpa it was .52 g/cyl then went down to 98 kpa at .49 g/cyl.

does all this matter? or should i still just make changes to the 96 kpa part and adjust the timing as suggested above paul?

if you look back on the scan yourself just letting you know im looking at the 6k scan i sent you a few weeks ago. which im sure thats the one you wanted me to look at... so i dont know why i said that... lol i think you knew what scan i was in.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-13-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
okay i loaded the scan. never saw a load all data. but i looked through the scan and it shows this...

at 96kpa it is .59 and .60 g/cyl. but the kPa went all the way to 100. dunno if that matters. but heres some data.

at 96 kpa it was .59 and .60 g/cyl.

at 98 kpa it was .60 g/cyl.

at 99 kpa it was .58 and .54 g/cyl

at 100 kpa it was .52 g/cyl then went down to 98 kpa at .49 g/cyl.

does all this matter? or should i still just make changes to the 96 kpa part and adjust the timing as suggested above paul?

if you look back on the scan yourself just letting you know im looking at the 6k scan i sent you a few weeks ago. which im sure thats the one you wanted me to look at... so i dont know why i said that... lol i think you knew what scan i was in.

When he says load all the data, I believe he means play through the scan so the data populates in the histogram log tables.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

Oh well yeah thats how I got all that info you quoted.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #12
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
okay i loaded the scan. never saw a load all data. .....

Right-click on the Histogram display, you'll see it......click on "load all data"
Old 11-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

Okay. I will try that. Thanks.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
MMGT1
GLS member

There is a reason I go to histograms and load all data. I find the program has a heck of a time scrolling through data in the Chart view, it screws up, freezes, acts funny so to speak overall when trying to view it. If you go into histo view and load all data before looking around it flows much nicer when using it.

Sleepy, get a new scan today if you can. Use the config I gave you as always, try photobucket or something to post your file on and give us a link here. I'm putting a big push on myself right now to make money to give the kids a good Christmas this year. And I'm aiming for a head, cam and stall package for my TA after Christmas as well....lol So, I'm busy as all hell right now. 3 painting jobs going at the same time and they are all big jobs man. After dinner I'm going to be on most nights though, only going to work a couple of nights a week is the plan. I'll keep an eye here and lets get you set up! B is really good at this too, keep an eye for his posts in here as well if he gets involved. What he has put together there is no small feat, he knows his shit as well with this platform!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

Will do paul. Thanks alot buddy and best of luck.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

i cant figure out for the life of me how to upload a scan to the site.... so im going to just email it to you paul.

got some high KR in this one. car went up to 6300 or so rpm cause my shifter didnt want to go into gear during one pull. so i missed the shift. but took it up to 6k in second to 3rd gear. (lots of traffic, rush hour) but i got a scan in. i loaded all data in the histo. saw what you meant.

but before i continue to do anything... ill let you look over my scan since you wanted a new one. good news is TPS goes to 100% now.

edit: email sent.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-14-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
MMGT1
GLS member

Good, Ill get on the PC and have a boo at it and post up here. Wont be able to load one here. You could post it on HP tuners and post a link here, or post it on photobucket and post a link to it here
Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
sleepyalero
GLS member

I tried photobucket. It wouldnt take it. I might try hpt site later. Im out at bdubs for wings beer and sports with fisdad. Go colts!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
MMGT1
GLS member

Your lean in PE now Nate. Open your tune, then go under **Airflow**. MAF calibration, highlight the table from 7500Hz to the end of the table. Multiply highlighted area by 1.05 and get another scan. Don't pull timing just yet. You will loose a bit of that KR when your fuel is a little deeper in AFR

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-18-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: MAF under Airflow, not Fuel
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:50 AM   #20
sleepyalero
GLS member

PE?

and okay will work on it tomorrow! Thanks!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: