Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #41
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
In the Left Top of each table there is an empty box..., click it. The entire table will highlight. Then click in the Calculator box and enter value that you are using. IE: enter .5 then click X for the Retard Attack Table. Highlight the High Load, enter 2, then X. Same for low
Old 11-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks paul. Changes made. Scan will be shot over in a little over an hour
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #43
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
okay maybe 2 hours email sent man.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #44
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Here, make this your timing tables. Make this table your high and low and scan again man...

Here's how it should look in 3D view

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-16-2013 at 11:23 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #45
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Here, make this your timing tables. Make this table your high and low and scan again man...

Here's how it should look in 3D view

mmmm corsa exhaust.

i will have to scan on monday or late sunday night. storms passing through tonight and tomorrow

thanks!!!!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #46
MMGT1
GLS member

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #47
MMGT1
GLS member

Should be pretty good with that table I think. Need to wire your wideband to the HP Tuners program now. What WB do you have?
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #48
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Should be pretty good with that table I think. Need to wire your wideband to the HP Tuners program now. What WB do you have?

i looked at the chart comparing to yours. all numbers are the same but when i view the 3D chart im viewing the back of the graph... so basically im looking at the back of the yellow section and watching it go green but cant see the full incline when it goes from green to yellow. but i went through the table 4 times making sure i had all numbers correct, so i should be okay.

as for the WB. i have this.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/digita...fuel-gauge-745

my aem af wideband has more then 4 wires. has a seperate 4 wires i tucked away that arent being using (i think its 4. ill have to look tomorrow) but i am assuming thats what you use to connect to the HPT. i had the box and instructions somewhere... gotta find that..... hmmm

also i cant remember the colors off the top of my head. i know there is a white wire and a light blue wire. maybe a black one as well and one other im not sure?

EDIT: looking back through gagt back when i bought it... i believe it is an aem UEGO wideband. so the 4 wires it has should be a blue, white, black, and red. black and red i believe are being used for power/ground of course. but i think i tucked away the blue/white wires since they werent needed at the time.

red: 12V power.

black: chassis ground.

white: 0-5V output.

blue: serial output.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-17-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #49
MMGT1
GLS member

White to pin 1 on EIO connector, black to pin 5

Then open your config file. Right click on the EIO section of the table view, EIO1. A window will open and in the list is wideband, click on it. Thanks to the guys at HP Tuners your wideband is already programed into the software. Click on your particular type of wideband and it will now show in your table view in real time when scanning.

See image below:

Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #50
MMGT1
GLS member

HAHHAHAHahahahahaa.... when you look at it in 3D view, put your cursor over the graph, then rt click to "grab it". Move your mouse/touchpad to rotate it to any view in 3D space. If you hold the left and right click at the same time and move your mouse forward or backward you will zoom in/out on the table as well for future reference
Old 11-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #51
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
HAHHAHAHahahahahaa.... when you look at it in 3D view, put your cursor over the graph, then rt click to "grab it". Move your mouse/touchpad to rotate it to any view in 3D space. If you hold the left and right click at the same time and move your mouse forward or backward you will zoom in/out on the table as well for future reference

ha! iv been trying to figure out that one forever!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #52
sleepyalero
GLS member

Lots of good info In here. Thanks paul!!

So since my ground wire is already being used do I just splice a wire into it?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #53
MMGT1
GLS member

Hey Graham, start a thread entitled, "Making histoghrams work in HP Tuners" and I will go through the process with you if your still having issues getting them to work... I'm in a giving mood this week and would like to see you guys use this thing to its full potential. The histo's are a dam powerful tool when you learn how to use them!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #54
MMGT1
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Lots of good info In here. Thanks paul!!

So since my ground wire is already being used do I just splice a wire into it?

No, I would not. Make sure the ground is sourced from the wideband, don't just ground to chassis from EIO interface
Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #55
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Hey Graham, start a thread entitled, "Making histoghrams work in HP Tuners" and I will go through the process with you if your still having issues getting them to work... I'm in a giving mood this week and would like to see you guys use this thing to its full potential. The histo's are a dam powerful tool when you learn how to use them!

If your in a giving mood... give me a bigger deal on those mufflers!! jk bud.

Quote:
No, I would not. Make sure the ground is sourced from the wideband, don't just ground to chassis from EIO interface

Okay ill figure it out.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #56
MMGT1
GLS member

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-17-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #57
sleepyalero
GLS member

How nice of you.

Im sure a pipe can be welded of course
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #58
MMGT1
GLS member

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #59
MMGT1
GLS member

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #60
sleepyalero
GLS member

Agreed haha. Thanks for the help on the mufflwrs. Ill wait till you get more pics and stuff up in the other thread.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: