Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
blackbeast
GX Member

blackbeast is on a distinguished road
need someone who knows what they are doing

i have a 2001 alero 2.4L and seems like every mechanic i take my car to seems to forget something or screw something up.... so looking for a mechanic around burnsville minnesota .... i have a fuel situation needs looked at... and also check my front suspention......

so anyone live around my area.
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Whats the fuel problem?
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
About bad mechanics, me and my dad took my mom's 2005 Grand Prix, for an oil change, the guy jumps in the car, takes off up the ramp like mad, he clipped the right mirror on the door, smashing it into oblivion, then he proceeds to drive up on the ramp crooked! And that’s not all, he then gets out, dose not check the car, and continues to lift the car, the car is not sort of teetering on its front left tire and rear right! He got maybe a foot off the ground before my dad and I realized this (we had been talking) needless to say my dad was pissed, and I was about to cut the guy’s foot off, lol. Any how, I ended up pulling the car on the lift to make this guy feel like an ass, and managed to get two new mirrors free, my mom never found out, or the guy would be incinerated from mom rage, lol. The End. (true story btw)
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
^ Thats why I fix shit myself.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
^ Thats why I fix shit myself.
Exactly, I hate when other people mess with my car, I had new tires put on and I watched them like a hawk, now epically since the incident.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #6
03MNAlero
GX Member

03MNAlero is on a distinguished road
i live over in lakeville, not far. what kinda problem with the fuel are you talking about?
03MNAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
blackbeast
GX Member

well for one i'm lucky if i get 200 miles on a tank of gas.....
and for 2 i took a trip to washington was fine all the way their and back so when i got back i got the fuel filter changed and every since then i have a loss of power ... i changed the plugs and the boots 2 weeks ago changed the filter when i got over to washington i have a k&n filter....we also took off the air flow restrictors that connect to the air filter box.... and the gas pedal sees like it is harder to push down i checked to see if anything is under the pedal and checked the cable to see if it is binding up against anything but dont look like anything is in the way...... i'm not used to the smaller engines and all the sensor they have in them i like the v8 ......
so tell me what you think
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Its not a fuel problem, its more like a tune up type problem.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
03MNAlero
GX Member

03MNAlero is on a distinguished road
prolly should bring it to a shop, see if ur running rich or something. how did u set up the air filter? just set the cone in the top half of the air box or something? perhaps you could check the spring on the tb if its overtightened or if its partially open. how big of a loss of power and when is it most noticiable? like when u just start the car? when its warm? or high rpms, low rpms? need the details
03MNAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #10
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshinZero View Post
About bad mechanics, me and my dad took my mom's 2005 Grand Prix, for an oil change, the guy jumps in the car, takes off up the ramp like mad, he clipped the right mirror on the door, smashing it into oblivion, then he proceeds to drive up on the ramp crooked! And that’s not all, he then gets out, dose not check the car, and continues to lift the car, the car is not sort of teetering on its front left tire and rear right! He got maybe a foot off the ground before my dad and I realized this (we had been talking) needless to say my dad was pissed, and I was about to cut the guy’s foot off, lol. Any how, I ended up pulling the car on the lift to make this guy feel like an ass, and managed to get two new mirrors free, my mom never found out, or the guy would be incinerated from mom rage, lol. The End. (true story btw)

wow..your mom's rage is quite potent
Old 10-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #11
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
wow..your mom's rage is quite potent
My mom loves that car, it's her baby, lol
Old 10-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #12
blackbeast
GX Member

well thanks for the help ....it has been in the shop seems like it is in the shop about 3 months i end up bring it to the shop but no one can seem to figure it out. well here i go back to the shop tomorrow having them check out the lower control arms they put in 3 weeks ago ...sound like the ball joint or something was not adjusted right you can really tell when taking a sharp corner sound like you cracking your knuckles ...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #13
blackbeast
GX Member

well all we did was take the plastic restrictor off kept the old air filter box in and just put a k & n filter in
Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
...sound like the ball joint or something was not adjusted right you can really tell when taking a sharp corner sound like you cracking your knuckles ...

that sound could be either a bad inner or outer cv joint. what side is the noise coming from?
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #15
blackbeast
GX Member

it sounds like it is coming from the passenger front.... well making them check it out because right after i had the lower control arms done they forgot to tighten down the passenger side front sway bar so i felt like i was floating back and forth to work... every once in a while it would sway to one side that the other.... and no i wasnt drinking ......
Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #16
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Your power loss really remember me when I turn on the A/C... Is it possible that since a few weeks you started using the heat control at one of the front defrost position by any means?...
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #17
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
^explained... whenever the car is on a defrost setting, the a\c compressor is running. which on a 4 cyl takes away quite a bit of noticeable power.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
blackbeast
GX Member

no i havent yet had to use my defrosters or my heat it really aint that cold out for me yet i still have everything on off.
well the noise i have been hearing when i take sharp right turns... the mechanic says that it is the sleves in the timing chain...that just dont seem right to me because the noise i am hearing sound like it is coming from underneith the car like something to do with one of the wheels or the control arms.....
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #19
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
a sound when turning is not the timing chain. they must be tryin to screw u. lke said about, its probably in the cv axels.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #20
slvralero420
GX Member

slvralero420 is on a distinguished road
hey man, I live in elko, just south of ya, if you need some one to help you out with some stuff i can see if I know whats going on. I've done some minor mods to my car and have done most of my own work on my alero. PM me if you want me to take a look.
slvralero420 is offline   Reply With Quote