Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-15-2016, 09:21 AM   #1
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Oil level bypass

Is it possible to bypass that oil level sensor? the one in the pan, not the one next to the oil filter. The random light is annoying and I don't really have the funds right now to change the sensor out. I check my oil almost daily anyway as the car burns/leaks some.

Thanks
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:31 AM   #2
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Check the wiring diagram, and yeah probably easy. Its either grounding or giving it 12 V (or 5V).
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
They dont have low oil lights?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #4
03Alerosil
GL Member

Yes mine does. It has an oil pressure light that looks like an oil can and a low oil light that illuminates in yellow in the lower left hand side of my instrument cluster. The sensor by the filter does pressure. The sensor in the pan does oil level. Wires run from the PCM and ground by the starter.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I have the sensor, dead center bottom of pan right? I have never seen that light... lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:16 AM   #6
03Alerosil
GL Member

yep that's the one. I hate that light lol. It comes and goes on start up. sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesn't. sensor is faulty. First time it came on though i actually panicked a little. Checked my dipstick and it was full. Just another quirky little problem. Spendy sensor too for what it is.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
As previously suggested, it should be possible to unplug the sensor, install a jumper wire across the plug and defeat the light. That's according to a Hayne's schematic I'm looking at. If it is still intermittent after that, then there may be a problem with the plug or wiring going to the PCM or ground.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #8
Young Gun
GX Member

Young Gun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
As previously suggested, it should be possible to unplug the sensor, install a jumper wire across the plug and defeat the light. That's according to a Hayne's schematic I'm looking at. If it is still intermittent after that, then there may be a problem with the plug or wiring going to the PCM or ground.

With the LX9 swap that is what I had to do. No light anymore
Old 10-19-2016, 06:36 AM   #9
03Alerosil
GL Member

Thanks guys. I'll do that next time I crawl under the car.

I thought about just cutting the connector off and soldering or sealed butt connector the ends together. I live in minnesota so i have to keep the wires sealed to keep salt out.