Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
((the_king))
GX Member

((the_king)) is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys, sup?

Sup guys.. well to get started..
I'm 17.. my dad just gave me his car.. Alero Oldsmobile 2000 :P.
It's kinda messed up i guess eh, the following show up;
Trac Off
Change Oil
Service Engine
No clue really.. I'm not that into cars but I'm here to actually learn about what i can do with my Alero. The Alero is also missing a hub cap and the window isnt broke but its taped up, i really have no clue what's the problem but I'll ask my dad what it is. I plan to customize this alero but first I need to get started knowing the basics and stuff, thats why im here(i really dont know anything).
Btw.. the names Jay.
:P
((the_king)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Well the Service engine could have to do with the fact it needs a oil change and the trac off usually means you need new fron hubs. Welcome to the life of an Alero owner.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
YoSup!

Change oil light is something you can reset. and the SES light, go to Autozone and get it scaned for free Trac off light. Are your Anti-Lock and Brake llights on too? If so, Wheel hub

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So this is your father's Olds..

Welcome.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
((the_king))
GX Member

Pictures/ replys

Hey Vtolds, thanks for the help .. not too sound newbish or anything but
Pepboys or autozone (redog thxs) can fix that right?
Redog, I'm not even sure if my anti-lock or brake lights are on..
isnt that a bad thing so im thinking no:P I'll let my dad fix it up..
just wanted to do it on my own heh here's some pictures of the car
btw.. im missing two hub caps >_<!
Btw, Redog.. your car's sweet man , how much you sepnd on that baby?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
((the_king))
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
So this is your father's Olds..

Welcome.

yeah , pretty much it :P.
Thanks for the welcome
Old 05-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
that thing looks rough. those front wheels/tires don't look like they were made for the Alero
Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #8
((the_king))
GX Member

oh really? eh .. thats not the only problem.
the alero shakes when im on a stoplight.. literally like gonna die out or something.
Also.. the left turn signal works when it wants too >_<

Last edited by ((the_king)) : 05-13-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

hazard switch is wired up too closely to the turn signals, it's a recall. but only on certain VINs. mine has the issue (as does pretty much EVERY alero) but they wouldn't fix mine.

shaking.. you have a SES light.. get that checked
Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
((the_king))
GX Member

Alright, Ion i will.
Pretty much, I needa go to autozone for all this.
Also, you said something about the tires, is there something wrong with them?
Hey Ion, I'm looking to actually rebuild this alero into a nice looking car, mind helping me?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

it just looks like from the pictures (what i can see) that the front tires/wheels are big, not the same size overall compared to the rear

You need to:
1. Clear the change oil light.
Turn the car off. Open the fuse panel on the driver's side with the door open. Turn the key to ON but do not start the car. Hold the red RESET button in the fuse panel until it chimes and the light goes off. I think that's how you turn off the change oil light..

2. Just push the hazard button if your turn signals don't work, you'll get them working in a push or two.

3. SES light, needs to be scanned with a code reader which AutoZone will do for free. Check out what the code means, let us know before you buy anything.

4. Figure out what's up with the window.

5. Buy some aftermarket wheels.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
((the_king))
GX Member

Thank you very much for the help man!
Tommerow right afterschool, I'll go do all that then get back to you but ah, the aftermarket wheels? :P? Any kind of wheels in particular?, Junk yard or so? What about hub caps, how would i find them ,autozone aswell?
BTW just saw your profile pics, sweet effing engine dude.
:/ daym.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

You might be able to pick up a set of nice real Alero wheels, like, the stock wheels, not the steelies with hubcaps, at a junkyard. Don't bother getting new hubcaps, just wait and get some real wheels.

And thanks. Working on it.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #14
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome....i was pretty muchin the same boat as you with all the lights and crap on when i bought the car from my gramps!git rid of those wheels though!

And oh yea! welcome!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #15
((the_king))
GX Member

haha thanks !
what kinda wheels should i look for? any specific ones..?
btw im also from IL :P

Last edited by ((the_king)) : 05-13-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #16
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #17
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
your model alero came with thoise black steel whells and hub caps... if ur gonna buy wheels at a junkyard... you be best off looking for an alero that has a decent set of stock rims but a better trip package... so they are actually spoked rims... not crappy steelies... they'll be a direct replacement... otherwise look on tirerack or sites like that with tire/rim packages... but that'll be more expensive.

also about the oil light... i think you have to hit the reset button once (or twice) until the "change oil" light starts flashing... then when it's flashing... you hold it down untill the car chimes....

and let us know if it's the "service ENGINE soon" or "service vehicle soon"... there's a difference... if the SVS is on... and the trac light... they it'll be bearings... if it's SVS... then scan it.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #18
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Welcome!

I would suggest just taking off your hubcaps all together. If you are already missing some, it will look better if it all matches. This is what I would do...

I was throwing random stuff in the fire one night, and noticed i was missing one cap. So i threw the rest of them into the fire. But then i found the missing one in my trunk. It sucked.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #19
bigdaddyD
GL Member

bigdaddyD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bigdaddyD
I cant beleive nobodys said the 2 things yet that i see on every other new post, Clear your Corners and come to ASS '08(thats if it will make it, dont brake down on the highway tryin to make it there). Oh and welcome

Cardomain
GM Tunerz.com
bigdaddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

^I figured he was pretty far away and young and unlikely to come anyway, lol.