Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
|Rev|

K so I was driving to take my girlfriend Diana out to dinner or lunch, I can't remember on Wednesday, and I heard to be what I thought was metal on metal, I told my dad and he reminded me that I had the rotors shaved, and the pads replaced no more than 4 months ago. So I figured they were dirty and i scheduled an appointment to have them cleaned next week. My parents left that afternoon, so I started to drive my dads Tacoma around, it's a 5-spd, supercharged, fun truck so I drive it whenever I get the chance. On Saturday night, my friend and I decide to go cruising, and we take my car, I get it washed, and I keep hearing that horrid noise, I pull over and get a flashlight and look at the rotors, the front passenger rotor looks like sandpaper, so I take the Alero home and cruise with the tacoma the rest of the night.
So about an hour ago, I thought I would take apart my RF assembly and look at the brakes, I take off the caliper and start to look at the pads, but I realized something, there was almost a full pad on the back side of the caliper, but on the front, there was no pad at all. It was all scraped to crap, I had been running metal/metal for the last 2 or 3 days, I am soo pissed right now. I can't believe that after 5 months of driving on these pads they are this messed. And ofcourse, it messed up the rotor too.
They are under warranty, so I am taking it in tomorrow to tell them they suck and have the rotors and pads replaced, well once I get them I plan on selling them on ebay and buying some cross drilled/ slotted. Another thing, you think you guys have had bad brake dust, theres a hole pad on my wheel right now, I tried the best I could to take it off, and it's flaking off in layers! I'm not sure I will ever be able to get all the crap off without messing with the shade of my wheels.
This freakin car is puting a hole in my wallet bigger than I can fill. I think I'll buy a mazda this summer
Old 01-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
bummer dude. sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it. hopefully they can get it fixed properly and it wont cause you any more problems.