Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
|Rev|

K, if I were to do these things would it be overdoing it?? I want to compete in show, and the car is my daily driver, and I think it would be fun to do some autocross with my car, since i'm getting light rims and the kit doesn't add that much weight I would love do to some autoX with it.
List of what I think i want to do
18's
Coil Overs
Strut tower braces
Anti-sway bars
Cross drilled (or) slotted rotors w/ semi serramic pads (or carbon metallic)
Urethane Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

I'm sure the ride wouldn't be comfortable at all, but I couldn't care less really
Old 03-29-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
sounds like fun

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Heck yeah blow it up too...just kidding....do what you want to do but know that since its your DD that you might kick yourself later

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
sounds like a good build. i sent ya an email a while back bout those coilovers cause ur PM box was full by the way.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
For 18 you have much ambition. Good Luck!
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
if you got the cash go for it
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #7
Kurt Zee

yeah man.....sound like some good mods....but i agree with AGT....make sure you wont regret it later on...
Old 03-29-2005, 11:31 PM   #8
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme@Mar 29 2005, 08:23 PM
sounds like a good build. i sent ya an email a while back bout those coilovers cause ur PM box was full by the way.
my pm box isn't full anymore, and I don't see an email from you... maybey I put the wrong one on my profile, where did you send it?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #9
Crolero

Rev go for it, you know your going to anyway.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
flalero

Definitely go for it, but I wouldn't autocross the car if you have the kit on. The first time you smack a cone and bust your kit will be the last time you will want to race with the kit on.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by flalero@Mar 30 2005, 02:17 PM
Definitely go for it, but I wouldn't autocross the car if you have the kit on. The first time you smack a cone and bust your kit will be the last time you will want to race with the kit on.

exactly, although, if you let me work on your car, i will add so much fiberglass strength to your bodykit the cone will break...... :grin: :grin:
Old 03-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #12
bigd6983

i say just do all that stuff no matter what you plan on doing with the car, the coil overs, sway bar, strut braces, and bushings will make that daily trip from point A to point B even better lol........
Old 03-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #13
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero+Mar 30 2005, 01:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(turbo-alero @ Mar 30 2005, 01:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-flalero@Mar 30 2005, 02:17 PM
Definitely go for it, but I wouldn't autocross the car if you have the kit on.Â;-) The first time you smack a cone and bust your kit will be the last time you will want to race with the kit on.

exactly, although, if you let me work on your car, i will add so much fiberglass strength to your bodykit the cone will break...... :grin: :grin:
[/b][/quote]
eh I most likely will never do autoX with it, I will talk about it but never go do it. But about reinforcing the kit....
Old 03-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #14
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
How come this one isnt a pole rev? LOL
Old 03-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32@Mar 30 2005, 01:55 PM
How come this one isnt a pole rev? LOL
cuz I hit the wrong button......
Old 03-30-2005, 05:55 PM   #16
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
Auto cross is run... I used to ride along with my boyfriend in his lil civic hatch. It was such a rush taking corners at 80mph. I miss that car. Now he is into drifting. Hence the 240SX

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:33 PM   #17
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
you sure you wanna autoX with 18" rims? I'm all for it, but I'd get slightly smaller rims just to throw on for X day. get ya spun up a little faster from what I hear. Whatever you decide...knock em dead bro !!

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #18
flalero

^^^What he said. I would buy a set of stock 15 or 16" rims and put some sticky rubber on that, if you ever decide to autocross. If you decide to autocross in that area, it would be quite fun. I'm not sure how many autocrosses go on in the Longmont/Fort Collins/Boulder area, but I know for a fact they autocross all the time at the Rockie's stadium. That parking lot is huge and they lay out one of the biggest courses that I have ever seen. You get all kinds of nice cars down there because of the large amount of people that live in the area.

Quick question (not to be whore), do they still cruise a lot in Longmont? We used to make trips up there all the time after they closed the cruise strip around Westminster mall.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #19
|Rev|

Yeah, we cruise here quite a bit, theres quite a big crowd that comes out, it's a lot of fun. Sometimes we go up to Ft. Collins, it's 3 lanes both ways, and it's longer and more people, nicer cars, and higher speed limit lol.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #20
flalero

Many people were pissed off when they cracked down on cruising in Westminster. We went to Longmont instead and sometimes Fort Collins.