Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #421
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to know thank you. How does the handling differ with the thicker sway bars and lowered stance from lowering springs? the reason I ask is because I have eibach pro waiting to be installed.. Oh and when I get the money I would like to buy AGX adjustable springs.. Just wanted to throw in any and all possibilities.. thanks aaron

Last edited by happyisthealero : 05-17-2012 at 08:47 PM.
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #422
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I used both on my car and it was neutral. If you do just the front bar it understeers like a pig; just a rear bar and the ass-end gets pretty skittish.

They will really draw attention to shitty tires.

sounds like it's time to upgrade wheels/tires now! and brakes while I'm at it..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #423
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
excellent tires, excellent brakes, great suspension, these should swing me around the autocross track nicely, my car already wheel lifts in the rear on hard corners, that crossbrace i made solidified the rear.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #424
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
So does anyone have them on yet? I'm curious about the difference.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #425
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
have mine installed, love em! installed with a breeze. car feels so much stiffer with much less body roll

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #426
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
The front was a breeze? Dont you hav to drop the cradle?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #427
happyisthealero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
have mine installed, love em! installed with a breeze. car feels so much stiffer with much less body roll

make a how-to!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #428
happyisthealero
GL Member

I think I read, from someone in this thread, that these would not work with our sway bars is that true?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA4008/ALSUSP...or+N-Body.html
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #429
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I dony know for sure but the new ones are much thicker than stock, so unless you drill out the bushing somehow.. Its most likely a no
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #430
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
two things.

1. those bushings are supposed to work i believe since it says they are for next level or speedbuilt. not factory.

2. ya the cradle has to drop. but its just 3 bolts on each side. and then there are 3 bolts for a mount thats attached to the cradle. pull them too, drop it

heres how i did it basically. there wont be pictures since i already installed them

1. lift front of car off the ground, supper each side with jackstands in a secure spot and remove jack. obviously dont put the jack stands on the subframe.

2. remove tires (optional) just makes life easier.

3. put jack in the middle of the subframe. near the back of it. you'll see where.

4, there is a... 22mm? bolt that goes through the control arm, sub frame, and then into the car. pull them on each side

5. then after those there are 2 little.... 15mm? bolts, pull those.

6. slowly lower the jack so the subframe and the engine fall down

7. there is also 1 bolt and 2 nuts that hold down a tranny mount i believe. i pulled that so that it just moves a bit.

8. remove endlinks.

9. pull the swaybar brackets... 15mm? bolt i believe. easy to pull

10. remove swaybar

11. do reverse and tighten everything

any questions feel free to ask, ill try my best

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #431
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
installed mine today, made a write-up too!

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...596#post617596
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #432
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
So you didn't have to disconnect the tie rod ends or the steering intermediate shaft? Every procedure I've read so far says to do those steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel6632 View Post
two things.

1. those bushings are supposed to work i believe since it says they are for next level or speedbuilt. not factory.

2. ya the cradle has to drop. but its just 3 bolts on each side. and then there are 3 bolts for a mount thats attached to the cradle. pull them too, drop it

heres how i did it basically. there wont be pictures since i already installed them

1. lift front of car off the ground, supper each side with jackstands in a secure spot and remove jack. obviously dont put the jack stands on the subframe.

2. remove tires (optional) just makes life easier.

3. put jack in the middle of the subframe. near the back of it. you'll see where.

4, there is a... 22mm? bolt that goes through the control arm, sub frame, and then into the car. pull them on each side

5. then after those there are 2 little.... 15mm? bolts, pull those.

6. slowly lower the jack so the subframe and the engine fall down

7. there is also 1 bolt and 2 nuts that hold down a tranny mount i believe. i pulled that so that it just moves a bit.

8. remove endlinks.

9. pull the swaybar brackets... 15mm? bolt i believe. easy to pull

10. remove swaybar

11. do reverse and tighten everything

any questions feel free to ask, ill try my best
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #433
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
So you didn't have to disconnect the tie rod ends or the steering intermediate shaft? Every procedure I've read so far says to do those steps.

no you do not.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #434
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyisthealero View Post
I think I read, from someone in this thread, that these would not work with our sway bars is that true?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA4008/ALSUSP...or+N-Body.html

I just ordered Energy Suspension grease-able bushings using the following part numbers taken from an older PFYC sway bar group buy post I found for the same bars.

ENS-9.5158 Rear
ENS-9.5164 Front

I did not buy the PFYC bushings because of the following statement at the bottom of the page on their website:

"You can use your existing brackets, they're not included with these bushings."

This statement is very misleading and because the PFYC price is a little cheaper than anywhere else I found, it's unclear if the brackets are included or not.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #435
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
"You can use your existing brackets, they're not included with these bushings."

Their saying "you can use these new bushings with the old brackets....but the brackets aren't included"....so if for some reason you needed new brackets, you have to buy them separate.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #436
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Their saying "you can use these new bushings with the old brackets....but the brackets aren't included"....so if for some reason you needed new brackets, you have to buy them separate.

I still don't think that statement should be there at all and no other site that sells those same bushings has it, so I don't see any valid purpose for it other than causing customer confusion which is why I purchased my bushings from another site even though it cost me a bit more. But I didn't want to take any chances buying the PFYC bushings based on their product description.

PFYC also doesn't include the size information or Energy Suspension part numbers for reference, so there's not enough information provided for me to make an informed purchase decision to know exactly what I'm getting from them.

Last edited by Starglow : 05-22-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #437
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I still don't think that statement should be there at all and no other site that sells those same bushings has it, so I don't see any valid purpose for it other than causing customer confusion which is why I purchased my bushings from another site even though it cost me a bit more. But I didn't want to take any chances buying the PFYC bushings based on their product description.

PFYC also doesn't include the size information or Energy Suspension part numbers for reference, so there's not enough information provided for me to make an informed purchase decision to know exactly what I'm getting from them.

i disagree entirely about them not putting that statement...if you take the time to read it (paying attention to wording
), it makes perfect sense what it says...I would be mad however if they didn't put it and you were expecting it to have new brackets because it doesn't say anything only to find out that there are none

Last edited by 03glgold : 05-22-2012 at 06:57 PM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #438
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
i disagree entirely about them not putting that statement...if you take the time to read it (paying attention to wording
), it makes perfect sense what it says...I would be mad however if they didn't put it and you were expecting it to have new brackets because it doesn't say anything only to find out that there are none

Doesn't really matter to me now since I already have grease-able bushings on order from another website with a more clear product description.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #439
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Big props to MMGT1 and his bro.
Installed the front and rear, did an amazing job, took great care of the car they were working on and a more than reasonable price.