Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
My official build thread

as many of you know, I have a 2003 GL coupe that is two different colors. I am not going to let the appearance of my alero ruin my fun though and with that i start my official build thread.

As of right now performance wise, my alero has a cold air intake, cross drilled and slotted front rotors, ceramic pads, front and rear strut tower bars, Resonator delete and the GAGT crossflow muffler.

appearance wise i have GA mirrors, "sort-of" tinted tails, door molding delete, strips on fender, 20% tint all around and flat black front wheels. (cleared corners coming very soon)

Things i want to do in the future: lower!! headers, downpipe with high flow cat, 2.5" cat-back with a crossflow muffler at the rear, a larger bore TB, ported intake manifolds and a tune. eventually i will upgrade my brakes and wheels.

Photos coming soon, not like you guys haven't seen it before though.

Last edited by 03gxeco : 12-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
If you get headers why not get a full catback exhaust with the Borla mufflers or flowmaster muffler the stock gt muffler will just restrict the exhaust. Some agx struts and h&r springs is a good combo along with f and r strut bars.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

TheLastOfItsKind is on a distinguished road
Are you going to paint the car after everything?
Final 500 Collectors Edition Alero- #67/500
2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ- 6" lift 35" tires
2001 Trans Am WS6 6sp. w/ t-tops
1999 Silverado 2500 LS
TheLastOfItsKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
What does your build consist of? How far are you planning to go with the car?

I also agree, the GT muffler might give a little tone to the car, but its still a STOCK muffler. you need to upgrade that to a full catback, Pacesetter is a good exhaust for the money IMO. Unless you want to go 500-700$ for borla then go ahead.

I would rather get headers then ported manifolds. More bang for the buck and it will have more benifits from ported mani's. The stock manifolds are what restrict the airflow the most on these cars, even with ported manifolds its still more restricting then getting a set of headers. You could get pacesetters (if you have 3.4L) i forget... for 300$ off amazon. then there is milzy's headers for about 975$. and if your lucky you could find a set of S&S or TOG headers. but those 2 are hard to come by nowadays.

Downside to pacesetters is you would have to customize your downpipe to work with the headers, but its not that hard.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
What does your build consist of? How far are you planning to go with the car?

I also agree, the GT muffler might give a little tone to the car, but its still a STOCK muffler. you need to upgrade that to a full catback, Pacesetter is a good exhaust for the money IMO. Unless you want to go 500-700$ for borla then go ahead.

I would rather get headers then ported manifolds. More bang for the buck and it will have more benifits from ported mani's. The stock manifolds are what restrict the airflow the most on these cars, even with ported manifolds its still more restricting then getting a set of headers. You could get pacesetters (if you have 3.4L) i forget... for 300$ off amazon. then there is milzy's headers for about 975$. and if your lucky you could find a set of S&S or TOG headers. but those 2 are hard to come by nowadays.

Downside to pacesetters is you would have to customize your downpipe to work with the headers, but its not that hard.

yea i wish i could afford milzy's headers. or WOT's.i think i might get pacesetters in the future just for now and get a magnaflow HFC.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Ima beat SPC to the punch and say that SPC has a full exhaust for sale.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36617

This is of course, if the "Eco" in your name stands for "Ecotec", as in the L61 engine.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
03gxeco
GL Member

yea i had an ecotec 5 speed alero but i sold it. now i just have a v6 coupe
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Oh... well damn.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
03gxeco
GL Member

yea. if i can get her running again i will start modding her again. but right now she wont start. i think its a passlock issue. idk yet.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
03gxeco
GL Member

HA passlock is a crappy invention but igot her running!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

At least you don't have VATS. I have that on my Cutlass, and long story short, I can't change my ignition lock without paying an arm and a leg.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 04-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
03gxeco
GL Member

Pics coming soon of the gagt rims on the alero
Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #13
Nas Escobar
GLS member

You've been long overdue for pics man!
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
03gxeco
GL Member

Attachment 11705
theres one pic. i have four files uploaded and my data is almost capped. soo... look slike im gunna have to start using my flikr account

Last edited by 03gxeco : 09-20-2013 at 10:48 PM.