Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #21
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weber View Post

and this car doesnt? lol

that is a skyline GTR and that C/F hood is real not fake also that hood right there is around 1000 bucks.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.

Last edited by JLw7123 : 06-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
If it's fake, noone forces you to put it on your hood. The guy asked for an opinion about using the product, not about looks. And so far, everyone is saying it will look like crap.
I get it that there are a lot of 'noobs', and they get flamed for doing 'rice' things to their cars, but it's not like the guy is sticking NOS all over the hood. How many teens out there are able to afford upgrades such as real CF. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what's so bad about a stick on carbon fiber?
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #23
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
that is a skyline I like skylines they are not ricers.

so your saying because you like the skyline its not a ricer? well I like CF decals so there not rice. and sorry but that car looks pretty rice. Catching my drift yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotAlero View Post
If it's fake, noone forces you to put it on your hood. The guy asked for an opinion about using the product, not about looks. And so far, everyone is saying it will look like crap.
I get it that there are a lot of 'noobs', and they get flamed for doing 'rice' things to their cars, but it's not like the guy is sticking NOS all over the hood. How many teens out there are able to afford upgrades such as real CF. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what's so bad about a stick on carbon fiber?
Thats what I'm saying. As far as I have read no one has done this yet so apart from the people claiming its rice I see no reason why not to give it a try and see how it looks.
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
-Cleared Corners/Painted Bezels
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #24
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
i am done fighting do what you want. here is some advise get another hood so if you do not like it you still have a good hood.

Last edited by JLw7123 : 06-11-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure to get your fiancé a fake gold ring, because, you know, they look the same, so why spend the money for the real thing?

Fake carbon fiber does not look the same as actual carbon fiber weave. Anyone with a basic knowledge of materials or automotive modification will immediately tell what it is, and your credibility drops in the shitter as a modder. People may not say anything to your face about it, but know that they think you're silly for having a sticker to "simulate" the cool looks that people who actually have the real deal pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotAlero View Post
but what's so bad about a stick on carbon fiber?
In small quantities, maybe not so bad (lip spoiler, rear splitter, etc.) but not an entire huge hood.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #26
the_weber
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Make sure to get your fiancé a fake gold ring, because, you know, they look the same, so why spend the money for the real thing?

haha I like that one. But this is a much different scenario as a CF hood on a DD means nothing more than a CF decal on a DD. looks the same and makes no difference what so ever, doesnt matter. As where say an electric/fake turbo does matter as it does have a large performance difference than a real turbo. Same for a ring, on a ring performance/cost does have a major factor. What Im saying is the CF is pretty much for looks only on a DD. Why not get a look alike. Where as a ring/turbo has much more to it than just looks.
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
But it doesn't look the same. It's very easy to tell it's just a cheap sticker on such a large, visible surface. Same with the stick on hood vents. People instantly know it's just a cheapo stick-on and it's laughable.

If you get the stuff that has this texture, it might look good... A lot of people will know it's not carbon fiber but as long as you don't claim it is, and just say it's a weaved look hood cover, it might be okay..

But if you get the shit stuff it will turn out like this:
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #28
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

top one is fake bottom one is real C/F. You can tell the difference.

Last edited by JLw7123 : 06-18-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #29
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
It doesn't look the same.

Ricer Car
An automobile, generally of import classification, that is souped up and characterized by use of stickers and decals that do not match any manufacturer of the car, spoilers that look like airplane landing gear, and hideous paintjobs and fart cans.

In reality, instead of making a car better, "ricing it up" makes it utterly and completly gay. Rice cars are easily beaten in races by American and European sports cars. Also, anyone who owns a rice car is looked down upon and seen as shameful by non-ricers. Rice cars are typically driven by young lower and middle class Asians, Hispanics, whiteboys and even some African Americans.

The skyline would eat your alero alive, and is not covered in retarded stickers. Not rice.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #30
the_weber
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
But it doesn't look the same. It's very easy to tell it's just a cheap sticker on such a large, visible surface. Same with the stick on hood vents. People instantly know it's just a cheapo stick-on and it's laughable.

If you get the stuff that has this texture, it might look good... A lot of people will know it's not carbon fiber but as long as you don't claim it is, and just say it's a weaved look hood cover, it might be okay..

But if you get the shit stuff it will turn out like this:

that is whats on my pillars and door handles. It looks good. No one was claiming anything about it being real CF, just intended for looks.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
It doesn't look the same.

Ricer Car
An automobile, generally of import classification, that is souped up and characterized by use of stickers and decals that do not match any manufacturer of the car, spoilers that look like airplane landing gear, and hideous paintjobs and fart cans.

In reality, instead of making a car better, "ricing it up" makes it utterly and completly gay. Rice cars are easily beaten in races by American and European sports cars. Also, anyone who owns a rice car is looked down upon and seen as shameful by non-ricers. Rice cars are typically driven by young lower and middle class Asians, Hispanics, whiteboys and even some African Americans.

The skyline would eat your alero alive, and is not covered in retarded stickers. Not rice.
i am agree about the skyline it is not riced out. everything on the skyline is real not fake.

Last edited by JLw7123 : 06-11-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
IMO. dont get the sticker. use the money for somethign else down the road. the people that WILL be able to tell the difference are the people that know your car cannot walk the walk, or talk the talk. a car with carbon fiber is supposed to be able to walk the walk and talk the talk. dont worry, my car cant either. use that money to add (idk what you already have), grill mesh, nice looking pinstripping, tinted tails, cleared corners, window tint, performance parts such as an intake or a muffler, or even go out and splurge on some cleaning supplies like waxes, scratch removal, interior cleaning etc. my car cannot walk the walk etc but it gets just as many looks from (whome i feel are) mature people who like the look of a clean car, are car thats always washed, everything intact etc. to me thats going to be your best bang for the buck.

Last edited by a.graham52 : 06-11-2011 at 10:58 PM.
a.graham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #33
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Personally, I don't even like the way real CF looks as a hood. Maybe on a black car, if you were building it for the track, a CF hood would look good because it is part of the way you make your car lighter... so function over form, and it can add to beauty.

However, when you start to put stickers on to get the look of something, it almost always turns out looking horrible. Not only is it an ugly hood that doesn't match the rest of your car, but its a fake ugly hood that doesn't match your car and has no purpose.

If you're going to spend $100 on something, get something useful... HID lights, lowering springs, put it towards audio... something that will actually be beneficial to you.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #34
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
Personally, I don't even like the way real CF looks as a hood. Maybe on a black car, if you were building it for the track, a CF hood would look good because it is part of the way you make your car lighter... so function over form, and it can add to beauty.

However, when you start to put stickers on to get the look of something, it almost always turns out looking horrible. Not only is it an ugly hood that doesn't match the rest of your car, but its a fake ugly hood that doesn't match your car and has no purpose.

If you're going to spend $100 on something, get something useful... HID lights, lowering springs, put it towards audio... something that will actually be beneficial to you.

echo? lol
Old 06-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #35
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
WOW. bigger turnout than expected.
What if i used the cf vinyl to cover the WHOLE car
just kidding
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #36
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Old 06-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #37
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
Let me ask this guys. If he wouldnt have even said anything about getting the stick on crap and he went to ASS and had it on his hood and you didnt look extremely close to it...what would you feel about it...if you DIDN'T kno that it was a sticker...your first thought would be "Damn an alero with a stock carbon fiber hood! Holy f*ck" then maybe your eyes will realize that is a sticker later on but your first thought was that it looks good or its eye catching...thats all they are intending to use it for. To make their rides standout from other alero's in their area.
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

personally i would see it... have to think for a minute... some how not believe it... inspect closer... and then when confirmed its not real... shake my head and walk away.

scenario two: id see it... go: "Damn an alero with a stock carbon fiber hood! Holy f*ck"... look real close... find out its a fake... shake my head and walk away.... very disappointed

and knowing that its fake just ruins the whole package.

Last edited by a.graham52 : 06-12-2011 at 02:06 PM.
a.graham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #39
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
thats what im saying..exactly my point a.graham
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #40
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

well to me what i was saying does not translate into what your saying. im still saying dont do it.