natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i guess this guy is a ricer...

this guy's a big ole ricer too huh?

Riced out audi?

more rice?

the point is. i see way more high end cars wrapped with the stuff than i see "ricers" mainly casue to wrap the whole car, you'd be looking at 800-900$ in material alone. this cast wrap vinyl has come a long way in the last few years. I wouldn't think twice about using it on stuff. though if it were me, i'd wrap the entire car. I actually bought about half the amount i'd need to wrap my whole car, but then decided to buy a new pistol instead. so that cost me over a grand and now i don't have enough money to continue the wrap project. lol. I can supply the stuff though if you're interested btw.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #42
BoarderTy
GL Member

BoarderTy is on a distinguished road
Hey nate..long time no see....or post.. haha. i get what your saying nate. and you have a valid point.
BoarderTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #43
BoarderTy
GL Member

the vinyl wrap done right tho...doesnt look all that bad..
Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #44
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
i guess this guy is a ricer...

this guy's a big ole ricer too huh?

Riced out audi?

more rice?

the point is. i see way more high end cars wrapped with the stuff than i see "ricers" mainly casue to wrap the whole car, you'd be looking at 800-900$ in material alone. this cast wrap vinyl has come a long way in the last few years. I wouldn't think twice about using it on stuff. though if it were me, i'd wrap the entire car. I actually bought about half the amount i'd need to wrap my whole car, but then decided to buy a new pistol instead. so that cost me over a grand and now i don't have enough money to continue the wrap project. lol. I can supply the stuff though if you're interested btw.

Those cars are fast. Carbon fiber helps reduce weight. Vinyl decals on a slow car is pointless. Doesn't save weight, nor does it make the car fast. And IMO, it looks ugly.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #45
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
Those cars are fast. Carbon fiber helps reduce weight. Vinyl decals on a slow car is pointless. Doesn't save weight, nor does it make the car fast. And IMO, it looks ugly.

also it is FAKE carbon fiber.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #46
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

Quote:

wut? all the above cars are wrapped with vinyl.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #47
pjwallington
GX Member

pjwallington is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw it done once in an Alero, Personally I thought it looked good..
Im going to buy it at Crappy Tire for around 12 bucks (Carbon Fiber wrap) and heat it to my center console (Around my stereo and stick shift etc)..
Ill let you know how it turns out and upload a couple pics. Good luck with what you go for, And the two hood comparisons, the "Fake on" just looks like a MATT black compared the the "Real" shiny one. IMO
pjwallington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #48
pjwallington
GX Member

pjwallington is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoarderTy View Post
Hey nate..long time no see....or post.. haha. i get what your saying nate. and you have a valid point.

X2 ^
pjwallington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #49
BoarderTy
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwallington View Post
I saw it done once in an Alero, Personally I thought it looked good..
Im going to buy it at Crappy Tire for around 12 bucks (Carbon Fiber wrap) and heat it to my center console (Around my stereo and stick shift etc)..
Ill let you know how it turns out and upload a couple pics. Good luck with what you go for, And the two hood comparisons, the "Fake on" just looks like a MATT black compared the the "Real" shiny one. IMO

good point and just throwing in out its "matte" and do you think maybe youc ould just spray some clear on it and polish/ buff it?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #50
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
good point and just throwing in out its "matte" and do you think maybe youc ould just spray some clear on it and polish/ buff it?

lol. no.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #51
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I tried that actually on a small test piece just to see how it would look, looks like garbage.
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
-Cleared Corners/Painted Bezels
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #52
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotAlero View Post
Is there really a point in putting a real carbon fiber hood on a daily ride? If you plan on taking your car to the track, then I see a purpose of reducing the hood weight, lightweight rims etc. But if it's you daily ride, I guess the reason why Weber and SPC want it, is pure looks. I would reather spend $700 for a set of rims and rubber and go with stick on CF. Now if we are talking perfomance and track times, then it is a different story.

Well....my ride is a daily driver, i do have about 2-2500 in performance mods and if i can increase my gas mileage a little bit that would be nice too. Plus i love the looks of it.....you never understood the point of putting it on a daily ride? why? idk i guess thats your opinion but i think it looks NICE and when i paint/restore the car im gonna paint it to match the car and leave the sides of the cowl CF. Its gonna look sick. WHY NOT have a cf hood on a DD????? LOL....you get to enjoy it everyday....im gonna get my moneys worth out of this bitch
Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #53
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Well....my ride is a daily driver, i do have about 2-2500 in performance mods and if i can increase my gas mileage a little bit that would be nice too. Plus i love the looks of it.....you never understood the point of putting it on a daily ride? why? idk i guess thats your opinion but i think it looks NICE and when i paint/restore the car im gonna paint it to match the car and leave the sides of the cowl CF. Its gonna look sick. WHY NOT have a cf hood on a DD????? LOL....you get to enjoy it everyday....im gonna get my moneys worth out of this bitch

^ I'm with him... 'cept I got mine for $200... but the corners need work, so I guess it will even out in the long run...

Stickers or no stickers... If it is what you want to do, go for it... That is all that matters in the end is if you like it do it, others will like/hate no matter what is done to our individual cars...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #54
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Wow! lots of negative response...

Lots of people wear a "mask" & don't show who they really are , so who care if it is real CF or fake sticker?

Anybody can do what ever they want to their car , i don't care that much as long as the owner likes it that is all that matter & it may turn out good who knows?

Anyhow i think we can all give our opinion without been too negative or "rude" about it... don't we?

Personally , i wouldn't do CF sticker on the hood or on any parts of the car (don't like the way it's looks) but what i will do is buy a hood at junk yard & probably buy a hood scoop than open up the hood for the scoop & make my intake take air form it & when all done ill just swap the hoods , not a done deal yet but future project... maybe?

Last edited by Goodman : 06-16-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #55
spyder_013
GX Member

spyder_013 is on a distinguished road
Its all up to you. If you want the carbon fiber look, go for it. The reason people say it screams rice, is because the car does not have the performance to back up the carbon fiber hood. Say you have a stock Skyline GTR and put even just Vinyl carbon fiber on the hood, you still have a 500+ HP Twin Turbo that can smoke pretty much anyone that is gonna try and call your car Rice. Now, if you have a stock Alero with a CF hood, you probably dont have the power to back it up. That is what they are talking about when they say it screams rice.

Now, you asked for people's opinions on what CF Vinyl would look like, and the general consensus is that it is useless going for the looks of a high performance car when the car is stock or near stock. Most also said it wouldn't look good, I don't know if that is true, I have seen some good looking Vinyl CF wrapped parts and hoods, but I personally do not care for the CF look on most cars. But again, it is up to you.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #56
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mean to thread jack, but is there even such a thing as a real carbon fiber sheet? Something which can be used to wrap small parts ie b pillar. If so where can you get it?

As for getting vinyl carbon fiber, I would not do it or recommend it either. It will just look fake to anyone who sees it. I actually did it with chrome when I was younger. Not cool.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #57
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, from suppliers that deal with carbon fiber

it's not like you just go to a store down the street and buy some fabric rolls. you get it online.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #58
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[ion] C2: yeah, from suppliers that deal with carbon fiber

it's not like you just go to a store down the street and buy some fabric rolls. you get it online.

And which site would be a good site to get it? And how difficult is it to install?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #59
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:

There a HUGE difference here.

What else could be done to those cars? The vinyl was done to be able to quickly change the appearance without having to repaint. And a paint job on one of those would be crazy. (for proper disassembly, paint reassemble) stupid high cost.

How much for an alero? Much less, because NONE of us have a show car. Even the ones that do/did, still a few zeros less than any of those cars.

No-one is going to walk up to Lamborghini Sesto point, and laugh at it being a CF vinyl wrap. An Alero however... WILL get laughed at. Why? because double standards exist, and we don't drive supercars!

Am I against full vinyl wraps? No. I'd like to do one as a temp change to the cars appearance. Looks good (done properly) its cheap and changes things up. But to wrap certain pieces just because you can? No. Either get it legit copied (lots of money) or get it dipped (looks ALOT better)

Fake or real... whatever. Alot of people won't get close enough to ever tell.. and some won't even know by feel. (am I talking about car parts anymore???) Its about how it looks, finished product. And doing a personal wrap, UNLESS your a pro at it... will look like crap.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #60
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
And which site would be a good site to get it? And how difficult is it to install?
i don't know i haven't looked into it in forever. some guy on JBO was going to make custom covers for my brake fluid reservoir and battery and such.

google. learn how to wrap, resin, and sand it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote