Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #21
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
So. Thats kinda what it takes to replace a quater panle. Then we blend the deck lid and the drivers side door.

Total cost will be around 2,000. No more rust. All fixed

Its not easy at all. I have seenmany apprentices just effing destroy new panles. So leave it to the pros like me
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatslayer View Post
O.o the hell I'm doing that. Haha I hate body work. But I'll be happy to let someone else do it. And for my uncles car, he didn't get that massive piece that were talking about. Although it looks like he would have. Not to mention I don't have that kind of money... He's giving me a pretty good deal on it. I know him pretty well, he restores cars for a living.

As do i. Restore custom painter and collision tech anda fabricator
Keep in mind ya get what ya pay for in the trade
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
wombatslayer
GX Member

wombatslayer is on a distinguished road
well doing that definitely isn't going to make it worse. lol anythings better than what it is now.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #24
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
I hate to be the bodyman nazi but I've got to give my 2 cents..

I'm sure you can still get replacements but theres a few things to remember- cheap aftermarket replacements rarely fit well. Sometimes they take pushing, cutting, and shaving to get on the car. Some people will charge you more to do that. The 2 shops I've worked for charge 2 to 3 grand per side to replace quarters and paint and that doesn't include any further rust repair. Sure you can get it done for cheaper (those cheap prices are probably just for welding in a patch) but just realize that you get what you pay for. That kind of repair isn't recommended and probably won't be warrantied so when you're having problems in a year you're just out of luck. The rust you can see is only the tip of the iceberg. When I took the ground effects off mine there was a ton of rust underneath that I couldn't see with them on. If you've got visible rust above the moldings then it might be seriously bad under those things. The salty water just sits under those things and f's your car up.

Not sayin don't do it, just know what you're getting into. And absolutely don't try to do it yourself :P

Good luck man
zman246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #25
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatslayer View Post
the quarter panels on my car are rusting to nothing..

Pics?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
wombatslayer
GX Member

Yeah. I'll post them tonight
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #27
wombatslayer
GX Member

a little late.... looks terrible.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #28
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
dont make me post a picture of my rust.... i wish mine looked that good
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #29
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen worse:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36404
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #30
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
Wish mine was like that lol mines actually gone i was just gunna cut the rest of the rust and weld a new peice there its really bad on the driver side but on the passanger side its not bad at all but i also got some undercoating along the bottom strip of my car if u can see in my pic works good to besides the one side....
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote