Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Jboyjbb
GX Member

Jboyjbb is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help!!! Brakes

Ok so i replaced all my brake lines so now i have to bleed them out.. So the front passenger side and the rear driver side bled out with no problems at all.. But the other two just wont bleed properly,theyre all bubbly and stuff.. If anyone knows what could be causing this or how to fix it then that would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mesh grille
2 12 inch pioneer subs
10 inch class D bazooka tube
Jboyjbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
you sure you're keeping the reservoir full during the entire process?

i like using the vacuum bleeder, just sucks it all out by itself and all you have to do is keep the reservoir full
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Keep the brake pedal down and the bleeder valve open, it will come out

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
did you start bleeding on the brake farthest from the master cylinder?
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
how about this. in detail how do you bleed your brakes?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
Jboyjbb
GX Member

So to bleed them i put in all fresh brake fluid and then i had my brother open the valve while i was pushing down slowly.. Then i just held it down for anwhile tightened the valve and repeated that process.. I went from the farthest caliper away to the closest.. And i may rent a vacuum bleeder
Mesh grille
2 12 inch pioneer subs
Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboyjbb View Post
So to bleed them i put in all fresh brake fluid and then i had my brother open the valve while i was pushing down slowly.. Then i just held it down for anwhile tightened the valve and repeated that process.. I went from the farthest caliper away to the closest.. And i may rent a vacuum bleeder

have your brother pump the brakes (with the bleeder CLOSED) then hold the brake on, while hes holding the pedal to the floor then you open the bleeder and close it. tell him NOT to let off the brake until you have the bleeder closed again, repeat on every caliper until brakes have pressure again..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
agreed. try that before you do anything else and see how that works.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
Jboyjbb
GX Member

K thanks ill try that
Mesh grille
2 12 inch pioneer subs
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
oh god this has disaster written all over it. if you dont know what your doing with something that is important as brakes please for the sake of innocent people on the road take it someone and have a professional do it.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
x2 if you have air in your lines you will not be able to brake as well. Then you put other peoples lives at risk. i am glad you are trying to do it you self. make sure there is enough brake fluid in the brake reservoir. This is a two person job. Someone has to be in the car pressing on the brake peddle. You have to start from the farthest from the master cylinder. but if you need help do not be afraid to ask someone. Plus be very careful with the bleeder screws they can be rusty and can break. Then you will have to get a new caliper. If the bleeder screw is stuck used some wd40 or PB blaster so it makes it easier to take loosen.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
oh god this has disaster written all over it. if you dont know what your doing with something that is important as brakes please for the sake of innocent people on the road take it someone and have a professional do it.

X3, unless you have been shown "how to" by a pro and are very comfortable with the job, this one you need to spend a few bucks on and have the pro's take care of the bleed. Hell, you have already saved a good penny on labor installing the lines yourself!
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote