Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
brake help.

so i swapped the old calipers that were on my old ho to my new one because they were painted. when i bought the car there was a master cylinder but it wasnt connected. so i mounted it, hooked up the lines added fluid etc. but when i went to bleed the brakes, there was no resistance on the pedal.. later i noticed the rear brake hoses were leaking from the compression fittings on them. so i replaced those. added fluid went to bleed again and still no resistance/ the calipers wont move but theres no air coming out of the brake lines just fluid, no bubbles or anything like that. so my thought was master cylinder. everything else that came in the engine was crap so y not that. so i replaced the mater cylinder and same thing no resistance, i cant see any fluid leaking from anywhere. and i know these calipers worked on my old car so its not them. does anybody have any ideas what could be the problem here??
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Did you bench bleed the Master Cylinder? Also there are bleeder screws on the ABS brake modulator that you will wanna bleed too.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
how do i bleed the ABS mod?
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
same way you would for bleeding your brakes it has the same nipple too.

its easiest to do it with the battery out of the way. when you replace the master cylinder its a real pain to try and bleed it properly again your starting from furthest to the closest right?
Old 07-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Its the ABS module you want to bleed first like rob has there. You have to bleed the module first, then the calipers. The furthest to closest is not really necessary anymore with the ABS modules. There are separate lines from the module to each caliper. Its a good practice to do it that way if you work on a bunch of different cars to keep things uniform, but not necessary with our type of brake system
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
are you getting anything out of ANY calipers? i know some times iwth the silverados the proportioning valve will stick and you wont be able to bleed the rear