Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
case relearn / dhp pcm question

hey ummm for those of you that installed your dhp pcm's who all did or didnt get a case relearn?

im trying to find out some infor here because i never got a case relearn on this pcm, and my motor is acting slightly funky, but am not sure if its due to the higher transmission pressure or if its because of this....
Old 05-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
my DHP PCM was completely plug and play. i didnt need a security relearn or anything. that was a couple years ago and it has since been flashed several times with my PowrTuner so i am not sure about long term effects.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
-Alero-
GLS member

i didnt mean the security relearn, i meant the crank case relearn, i believe its dtc p1336, i never had that done on the dhp pcm..... and im wonding if this is causing my issue...
Old 05-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
mfuller

You should do a re-learn anytime you replace the PCM.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
With my car, it seemed that everytime I swapped the PCM after it was already in the car, it didn't need the relearn

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
Pacho

a guy at a gm dealership printed me out the entire relearn procedure, give me some time to get it from my car and ill put it on here.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
i never had to do a relearn on mine either, and i have done many parameter changes, not all cars will need the case learn.

and how much slightly higher are your transmission pressures?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #8
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
You should do a re-learn anytime you replace the PCM.

im talking about the crank positioning re learn (case) not the security relearn fyi, dunno if you were on that subject?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
i never had to do a relearn on mine either, and i have done many parameter changes, not all cars will need the case learn.

and how much slightly higher are your transmission pressures?

its running whatever the altered status of the dhp v1.0 calls for....
Old 05-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
its running whatever the altered status of the dhp v1.0 calls for....

the dhp 1.0 only changes the shift time to 0.2 and the pressures have very mild changes, but only in certain ranges, i got my shift times set at 0.01 and all my line pressures for all shift situations are 20% above stock, and my maximum line pressure is 96.psi instead of 90 psi and it works and feels great shifts hard enough to bark tires at certain rpm ranges.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
the dhp 1.0 only changes the shift time to 0.2 and the pressures have very mild changes, but only in certain ranges, i got my shift times set at 0.01 and all my line pressures for all shift situations are 20% above stock, and my maximum line pressure is 96.psi instead of 90 psi and it works and feels great shifts hard enough to bark tires at certain rpm ranges.

what the crap.......there is no explanation of why my car does this.....it kicks and bucks around right before it shifts gears, always thought it was my tranny, but this is only with the dhp pcm, and if i took it into the dealership they would blame it on the altered pcm and wouldnt touch it.......sigh i got the stock pcm in and it wont do it.......sigh what the crap....
Old 05-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #12
Pacho

i found that sheet, give me a few minutes and ill type it up on word

edit: i re-read your first post and you wanted to know where to go, i went to a gm dealership and told the guy to look up dtc 1336 and they have all the instructions on their computer. Also ask them to print you out a copy in case you ever need to have it done again-you'll have the instructions in your hand.

You mentioned the dealership wouldn't touch it because it was altered, 4 or 5 different places said that to me too, you have to speak to someone that is not the manager and wants to make a few bucks on the side (i gave the guy that did my relearn $20). With the instructions, anyone that has one of the computers can do this.

Last edited by Pacho : 05-27-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah well, how am i supposed to know this relearn is going to fix my problem...... i appreciate your input, i just wish there was another person who went through the same symptom......i mean, sigh its stressing me out because its so inexplainable..... i dont think the dealership will have a problem doing the case relearn, but my question is, how do i know this will fix it, how do i know without this code that my car does this, because dozens of people never did the relearn, and dont have a problem...... i even emailed pfyc about it and all they said was "you have a problem with your vehicle, the pcm is only software, and our software doesnt cause this problem"
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

what do you mean by kicks and bucks?

and do you have an actual 1336 code active?

i'm going to be be putting the gm esi disks up for use on my nbody site soon so you can look up info there.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #15
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
im talking about the crank positioning re learn (case) not the security relearn fyi, dunno if you were on that subject?
Yes, I'm talking about the case learn. Even if you car doesn't set a code, it's a good idea (of course, if you have a tuner, it's easier). Even though my car never set a code for a case learn, performing one cured an intermittent low-rpm stumble.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #16
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
what do you mean by kicks and bucks?

and do you have an actual 1336 code active?

i'm going to be be putting the gm esi disks up for use on my nbody site soon so you can look up info there.

im talking about right when its get to 5k+ it starts to kick and buck like a severe missfire, almost like its skipping a heart beat, and it feels like it hurts the car very badly..... almost similar as if its trying to switch into a gear but that gear is being rejected...and falls on its face
Old 05-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Yes, I'm talking about the case learn. Even if you car doesn't set a code, it's a good idea (of course, if you have a tuner, it's easier). Even though my car never set a code for a case learn, performing one cured an intermittent low-rpm stumble.

hmm maybe problems can be different from year to year car to car mod to mod, but i have underdrive crank and lightented alternator pullies, not saying thats my problem, but i dont have a code thrown, well not SES light but possible the dtc is there
Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #18
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

this may seem a bit far fetched and easy but how long has been since you changed your fuel filter, there is a difference in programming between stock pcm and dhp, and of course you know dhp 1.0 is a generic performance setup so there are mild changes in timing, ve, and maf. so it hopes for more fuel, an easy thing to do is check your fuel pressure.

another question, is the ses light coming on when the car acts up?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #19
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
this may seem a bit far fetched and easy but how long has been since you changed your fuel filter, there is a difference in programming between stock pcm and dhp, and of course you know dhp 1.0 is a generic performance setup so there are mild changes in timing, ve, and maf. so it hopes for more fuel, an easy thing to do is check your fuel pressure.

another question, is the ses light coming on when the car acts up?

like i said it started to do this aroung 60k i put in this pcm around 49k, changed tranny fluid at 52k, change fuel filter to be honest every 8-10k, im running a WIX fuel filter currently that was changed maybe 4k ago, i have an adjustable FPR that is set on 42 psi for WOT...... only other thing i can think of is, hooking up some sort of high end scanner to it and drive it around and diagnose from there
Old 05-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
-Alero-
GLS member

car has exactly 75k on it, and runs great with stock PCM