Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
impossible to find camaro bracket - canada

I'm doing the front brakes on my Alero, so i figured i would do the corvette/camaro upgrade. Problem is that no one has the caliper bracket. GM dealership doesn't. Local parts stores (shit/non-existent customer service) have 1 in all of canada. Our crappy government run auto-insurance/salvage company doesn't have it. Auto wreckers in town don't have anything newer than 1985 in their crap heaps. GM parts direct has them but won't ship to Canada. Jegs has them for $114 each + $100 shipping (just die). I already have the corvette calipers, so I can't back down now. If anyone has a set for sale, or even if you could get them somewhere and send them up to Canadatown, I would be in your debt. If you have any info on where to get them in Canada for less than $350 dollars, please let me know. Its so frustrating trying to do anything with my car when there aren't any good autoparts resources in all of Canada. Shipping from the states also takes 33% - 50% of the total cost towards shipping/border fees.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So... you need like 1998 Camaro front caliper brackets? I've never really looked into this so I don't know but I'm sure I can get some and send em north.

Edit: It's gotta be something other than that because I can get those next day for $35/each.. this sounds like it's gotta be harder to find.
Edit 2: After briefly looking at the upgrade thread, I guess those are what you need. I can ship stuff to Canada through my work pretty easily/cheaply.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
mrmike
GL Member

Awesome! Yes they are about $35 for the fronts. I have a paypal account or whatever you need, I'm at work right now (all night) so I'll pm you tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it should be easy. Most of our shipments are international.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
mrmike
GL Member

cool. I don't know why I can't get these local, there are plenty of Camaro/trans ams up here. I'll pm you tomorrow to discuss shipping and payment.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I was going to suggest Rock Auto.com but you already have it covered.

I have all Camaro brakes on the front on my Alero. The Corvette calipers were too much money and I didn't find out that AutoZone carried the F Body brackets until AFTER I received my front brakes.

O well, I'm still happy with my set-up

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
mrmike
GL Member

rockauto actually didn't have any. All they offer is a rebuild service for them. I'm trying to find a good set of non crossdrilled or slotted rotors. The set I have now always sounded like a bicycle whenever I hit the brakes. I would like something that is plated or painted. Anyone know of any rotors like that?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Hmmm, that's where I bought my brakes, front and rear

For rotors, if you do not want slotted of x drilled, I suggest Bendix. Should be able to pick them up at your local auto parts store

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
Caboose73
GX Member

Caboose73 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Caboose73
Should of just grabbed the MPracing big brake kit http://mpracing.org/store/index.php/...kit/p_369.html its the same as trying to piece together Fbody swap and its only $250 and has everything you need.
Caboose73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #10
mrmike
GL Member

Yeap that was my first choice, but from what I've heard MPracing is backed up with orders and some people on GrandamGT.com are getting pissed. I didn't want to risk waiting in limbo while my brakes need immediate replacement. I heard the owner just had a baby and people have had cold air intakes on order for months from him with no responses to calls or email.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #11
Caboose73
GX Member

O ic i didn't know about that i hope they get there act together caused i have a few other things i want to get from them but i got the kit about 3 months ago and didn't have a problem with having to wait for anything.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

Vendor out of stock indefinitely. Looks like you'll need an alternative method of acquiring these.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
mrmike
GL Member

thanks anyways.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
Caboose73
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Vendor out of stock indefinitely. Looks like you'll need an alternative method of acquiring these.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #15
mrmike
GL Member

rofl that's how I felt haha. Looks like I might have a lead, I found a canadian website that sells the caliper and bracket together for under $100 with pads, so I could just sell the calipers and the total cost of the brackets would actually be pretty cheap. I'm phoning them tomorrow to make sure they come with the bracket.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

Off topic: Can you take a picture of your car from like a front 3/4 angle with your wheels straight? Just curious on the spacers. Mine should be here next week.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
mrmike
GL Member

sure

Headlights blocked due to wip projector project (these are old pics)