Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
Im pretty sure the engine wont cut off by itself because of low oil level or low oil pressure...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #22
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Well on the side of oil pressure problems and such, when in revers at idle with the steering cranked all the way the my engin will drop down to .5 rmps ish then bounce back up a few times before it levels off. Could be related? Not really my area of to much knowledge. I have the 2.2btw. But buddy also has the 3.4 and has talked about your exsact problem happening a few times.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #23
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbar71 View Post
Im pretty sure the engine wont cut off by itself because of low oil level or low oil pressure...
i agree. if that was the case engines would be smart and not run when you forget to put oil in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
Well on the side of oil pressure problems and such, when in revers at idle with the steering cranked all the way the my engin will drop down to .5 rmps ish then bounce back up a few times before it levels off. Could be related? Not really my area of to much knowledge. I have the 2.2btw. But buddy also has the 3.4 and has talked about your exsact problem happening a few times.

do you have an automatic? if so i belive being in reverse will max your line pressure put stress on your engine and then to top it off iwth the steering on lock (cranked) your probably also dead-heading the pump which is really bputting stress on your engine causing the low RPMs.

Last edited by a.graham52 : 07-19-2011 at 07:06 AM.
a.graham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #24
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
That makes sence... Yes it's auto. Thanks!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote