Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Accel Extreme 9000 Ingition Wires

Product: Accel Extreme 9000 Ingition wires.
Model Number 9023 for Dodge/Jeep 5.2/5.9Liter engines
Cost: $91.95 plus shipping
Where bought:Summit Racing
Ease of install: Not hard. Pulling the old ones off 2,4,6 was a little tough because they were "stuck" in place. 6 was the worse
Tools required: Dielectrial Grease (I bought LocTite brand with the wires. .33 oz tube, $3.95), Could buy a "boot puller" if you want
Time of install: 35 minutes (I really took my time and this includes heavy dielectric grease coating and pulling off the old wires, one at a time, and "renumbering" new wires.
How to install: Pull off old wires, dielectrical grease the entire opening for good contact, press straight boot on plug, press 90* boot on correct coil. Push until you hear the click.

New wires are great. Fit snug and are the perfect length for the LA1 app. V6 wires cost about 10 bucks more for 2 less wires. So what you have extras. Comes with 2 coil wires. Both are marked with a "C". Place these aside, because you will not use them.

Car has awesome throttle response and hardly cranks when starting. I had these before, but burnt one up on my old AIR system, which is no longer in the car. This could be because the wires are new too. Fit nice, tucked away from the headers on the 2,4,and 6 plugs.

If you need new wires, buy these. They only come in black with silver boots on the plugs and black boots on the coil

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 08:07 PM   #2
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this still for sale???
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:36 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-9023c

The real upgrade comes from switching to individual coils like I did with AEM Smart Coils. Maintain powerful sparks in adverse conditions like high RPM (where you're depending on the coil's ability to keep making sparks over and over quickly without losing energy) and high combustion chamber pressure (requires higher voltage to jump the gap). Probably won't notice anything unless you're regularly in high RPMs, running high compression, or boosted.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 08:25 AM   #4
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to know!
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote