Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 09-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
sburke
GL Member

sburke is an unknown quantity at this point
2.3L HO manifold problems

Guys with the 2.3L HO manifold..... Did the wires going to your starter get in the way and not allow you to seat the manifold properly?

This happened to me and I tried to move them and ended up cracking the plastic housing on the solenoid that is attached to the starter. So there is a second question... Can I get that plastic housing anywhere or am I going to have to buy a new starter?

Either way this sucks, but while I've got the car in pieces I might as well install my "secret cams", which I was going to do at a later date, might do a couple other things I had planned as well. Car is going to be down and out now until at least the 15th.
sburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
starter wires was not a problem for me.

i think you'll have to get a new starter
Old 10-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #3
sburke
GL Member

Got lucky and located a starter for cheap as crap. I'm going to try and get all of this fixed tomorrow. There was a useless "bump" on the outside of the manifold and I just trimmed that down a quarter of an inch and it's good now. Now to fix the starter
Old 10-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
weird..i had no clearance issues at all either with my install....at least you'll be able to fix it
Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
sburke
GL Member

I'm going to install the starter tonight and try to reinstall the manifold. We'll see how it all goes, hopefully the car will be up and running because it is my DD. I'm having to drive the wife's econo box right now.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:53 AM   #6
sburke
GL Member

Had to purchase a new 2.3l gasket and TPS. They gave me the wrong TPS so I have to go back tomorrow and fight with them for another one. I had to move my battery slightly, I was going to mount it in the trunk, but that can wait until I do my turbo which is way down the road. I'm focused on other things right now. Tightned up all the vaccum lines and cranked her over. It has a really nice purr to it now, which I am sure will only improve once I get my exhaust finished. Ordered the last of the parts for the exhaust and they should be here shortly.

Overall, this is certainly not an easy install at all. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but I have run into several problems. I still need to get that 2.3L TPS and hopefully that should fix my last problem (idles at about 1800-2000, ses, codes---P1022, P1023 TPS loe input/TPS high input). If there are any more ideas or problems that I run into I'll post them up so that hopefully other's can avoid the trouble I've gone through.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
holy crap man...i'm glad i didnt run into anything like this...shitty deal for sure...at least its done tho
Old 10-08-2006, 03:39 AM   #8
sburke
GL Member

Got the 2.3L TPS and for the most part everything is working fine now. Still have a couple things to fix, that I am noticing now, but that is just wear and tear on the engine that I'm noticing now because I'm watching everything like a hawk. Next up is my exhaust then after that I'll do my secret cams.