Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
1999 Olds injectors

I just want to make sure....a 1999 Alero with the 2.4L has high impendance injectors right?
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's 1999.5+ it is ... you just need to look and see if their fat or skinny. Fat = low, skinny = high.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Thats what I thought...yeah I have skinny ones.

Did you ever sell you Eaton M45?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ages ago for $800 including everything. there's a guy on JBO selling his for $1500 lol
Old 11-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Yeah I did see that. Im planning to run this small roots type charger on my high compression. Looking for as little as 5psi.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

I understand your issue was the high IAT's? The meth didn't even help?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

Since you spray it pre-blower, the meth/water injection attempts to cool down the supercharger and not simply the hot air. The supercharger generates too much heat for meth injected pre-blower to have any real effect on a hot day. If there was a way to spray it post-supercharger and have it distributed equally to all runners it would work.

Meth injection is unreliable though. Hard to tune. Sometimes it injects the right amount, sometimes not, and if you suck up air it won't inject. Sometimes the pressure switches go bad, etc. Air-air or liquid-air intercoolers rock. Tuning just boost is great. Most reliable method.

If I were you I'd just piece together a turbo setup. The MP45 is so undersized and inefficent.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Thats what I was afraid to hear from you. The issue is Im not looking for anything over 5 psi due to my compression so I just wanted something small to do the job.

I don't want to spend 1000 or more just for a garret JUST for 5 psi. Heck I might even get me another ebay turbo just for the heck of it....some guy on the quad forums with a GTZ is pulling hard with that turbo and high compression....he was nearly neck to neck with an STI.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

My Garrett was $180 freshly rebuilt and ported. You can get journal bearing Garrett turbos for cheap. Borg Warners are great too and can be had in the $150-200 range depending on model. You'd want to get one that's about the size of mine, cute but works. T3 50 trim .42 A/R compressor, .48 A/R turbine. In fact, Spilner521 has the exact same turbo that I have, except his has the option for water cooling. You might be able to buy it off him. His Alero hasn't moved since he bought the Evo, and he's fine with taking parts off it.

But yeah, some eBay turbos do the trick, surprisingly. I just wouldn't risk a rebuilt engine with one, because if the impeller decides to break into pieces, all those pieces are heading right for the engine. Bits and chunks of metal don't usually do well for an engine.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Where is this secret place to get cheap garrett turbo's? I am looking for just a small turbo since I dont plan to run anything higher than 93 octane with the high compression.

What injectors do you currently have?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Lol for sale ads on forums! And like I said talk to Spilner I know he wouldn't mind parting with his on the cheap.

I use Lucas 42.5 lb injectors, but next year will be using Siemens 60 lb or probably higher because a lot is coming soon.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Good to hear and I hope that includes an intake manifold

you still got the same number?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

Intake manifold will be on next week, custom sheet metal with velocity stacks.

Same number of what?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
Chipmunk-Alero
AleroMoB

Chipmunk-Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chipmunk-Alero
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Same number of what?

Phone number you dink...............

CC & PB, Tinted Tails, 3K HIDs (Lows/Fogs), GAGT Mirrors, Flowmaster Exhaust, D/S Rotors, CAI, Rockford Fosgate T400-4 T800-4, 1 15" C3, Rockford F 5.25/R 6x9
Chipmunk-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

oh yeah i do
Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #16
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

I assume that intake manifold is lighter than a H.O. intake?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

of course