Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
lethalero01

just wondering if its really worth my time to put all tha work any money in my alero...is there a really noticable diff. in 0-60 times...thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
Coupe

0-60 mph?
0-60 ft?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I have the v6 and went from 16.20 to 14.53 in the 1/4 mile

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
Yah its worth it. Is it worth making any car faster? It manners how fast you wanna go.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
I think it would be. Your getting a car that no body really fixes up to be a decent speed. So your unique by doing it, at least I think everyone with a nice alero is.
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #6
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
It's only worth it if you think you'll be satisfied with the result. You get what you pay for with these cars.

That said, if you love your car already and it's still stock, it will be worth it to mod.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
personally, to me, its not worth killing my tranny, i'll do a little engine work, but stick with mostly looks...
Old 03-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
lethalero01

sorry i should have been more specific...0-60 MPH...and i do love my car...im just wondering how quick i can get it without turbo or s/c...anyways thanks for tha comments
Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #9
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
well, redog's 1/8 mph is about 73 at about 9.5 (just averaging the times on the slips at the track part of the board), so if you can break 60mph in under 8 seconds or so, you'd have one hell of an engine. Yeah, it'll be possible to do it without turbo or s/c. the cheapest way is nitrous. the most reliable way would be more expensive than turbo.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #10
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
IMO, If your going to do it, do it right.

get yourself a bullet proof tranny, and then go all out on the engine. you will have the fastest grocery getter around.

I had big plans for the hoe, but after looking into the cost to get it done I decided to do only a few mods. CAI, Exhaust.

If you want a high HP car, buy one with a better after market for parts or buy a car that alreaday has the HP you want.

There are a few hoes in the works now that are going to be pretty fast, so far there is only one who is investing in his tranny and he plans on running some serious boost. as far as I know, I could be wrong.

but in the end it all comes down to you, what do you really want. hopefully some of the guys on here will pipe up about their experiences with this as well as the cost involved.

This would be a relatively cheap build if you can do all the work yourself, but for me I would be paying others to do it for me, so the cost is much higher.

good luck with it if you decide to go ahead.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #11
lethalero01

im looking to b quick...like 0-60 in 6's and i need a good acceleration at higher gears and speeds...im thinking my little alero is not going to b tha car for me anymore
Old 03-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #12
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
no, i think you want a viper or vette. not an alero. your standards are a little too high.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #13
lethalero01

theres actually alot of cars priced between 20-30k that can do that...when tha alero was new...a gls was 21...guess it just missd out on tha horsepoer boom...well it was a nice car id recommend it to anyone not looking for speed
Old 03-09-2006, 04:52 AM   #14
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

So thats it man, your just gonna give up on the Hoe like that? I dont know what it is with everyone nowadays thinking their gonna get 14's in the 1/4 cheap. I mean Redog has a really nice and quick Alero, but he has put money and effort into it. I've been reading alot of posts lately and it seems if everyone is dissapointed with the power of the Hoe, well it is what it is, an Alero, not a Camaro or Mustang, or Corvette for that matter. I've been getting on this forum since like Aug of 04 and back then this site was boomin with people wanting to build a quick Alero and there were alot of people coming along with their projects and now it seems if there isnt anyone doing stuff like this anymore. I know I traded my Alero in for a Mustang GT, and I love the Stang, its been my favorite car since I was little. But I must say, there are plenty of Stangs on the road and I'm just another one thats modding, one that noones gonna notice even if it is fast because there are so many fast ones. I just got off my Mustang forum and there was over 7,000 people on there, including members and guests, and right now theres only like 2 on here including myself. In the time I had my Hoe I added intake, header, and exhaust. I was an auto, 4 door with the Ecotec and it wasnt fast, but quick and would surprise the hell out of alot of ricers and other people. I can seriously say if I didnt get rid of it, I would have bought me the 62mm t/b and cams from Level Zero and maybe even have it supercharged by now, but hey I wanted the stang so I bought it. Believe it or not, I wanna buy another Hoe with the 5spd and Ecotec and do the same mods as before and then some. Before I finish I wanna say dont stop modding just because you cant have a 14 second 1/4 mile time with a couple cheap mods. Its gonna take time and you gotta work at it and after the finished product I'm sure you will be happy with the finished product.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #15
Coupe

How fast your car is isnt determined by 0-60mph. Its judged by your 1/4 mile time. There is no way to clock 0-60mph accurately.
I got into the 14's relatively easily and somewhat cheaply.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #16
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Hah, a vette to get a 6s 0-60? Are you guys on crack?

The truth of it is, if you want a quick car for a low price, buy one that already is, or buy a forced induction car so you can up the boost without spending much cash.

My alero was $22,000 CDN new, with zero options. 0-60: high 8's? 1/4 mile: 16.5 or so

My cobalt was $24,500 CDN. Loaded. Leather, sunroof, mp3 deck subwoofer, power windows. 0-60: 5.9 1/4 mile: 14.5

For another $1000 I'm in the 13's and still with warranty.

If you want to be unique and get a lot more respect for a car that runs good times, do up the alero. Lots of respect for the people that have found a way to make these things go.
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #17
Coupe

Here try this site. I dont consider this accurate at all but its fun.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php
Old 03-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
lethalero01

im just frustrated man...i got this bone stock alero...not a 5 speed so its slower already...and i just wanted to get somewhere quick...i dont care about top speeds...its a car for driving not for racing...i dont care if i impress or not...im impatient...and tired of not being able to pass multiple slow ppl...i owned an aurora...with a chip...and that thing was brutally fast for as big and tha year it was...it had everything...and i think i was spoiled...im just down on my alero right now...cuz it doesnt have ANYTHING to it...and its going to b cheaper to trade in...if i knew how to do anything it b cheaper and easier...im looking for a road car...that can pass a 30 mph minivan...my alero aint gettin tha job done...congrats to those who rock
Old 03-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #19
Spy

I went from a 16.1 1/4 mile to a 13.8 1/4 mile... i'm looking for more..

my car was $11,000.00 out the door since they were trying to get rid of the 2door 5spds that didn't sell well..

and by that calculator I do a 0-60mph in 4.59 seconds.. wooooo
Old 03-10-2006, 12:50 AM   #20
lethalero01

ive been hearing that a interceptor transmission helps out alot anyone have any exp. with it????