Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-06-2004, 02:41 AM   #1
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well guys i got it all installed and all i can say is.............it is not as easy as it looks. Swapping the intake is fine. but redoing the vacuum lines, wires can be a bitch. doing the throttle cable is a PITA. The TB is close to front tranny mount and almost in line with pos lead of battery. You really have to be careful pushing TB down to getbolt in. As it sits right now, can not use cruise control. the cable seems to be about 4-6 inches short for the easiest location. only problem is then cable is kinked. ge cable in good position then you will have to cut cruise plug and extend wires by about 12-16 inches.

So as it sits, this mod is a at least a moderate install. probably easier on a manual but can be a PITA on an auto.

just hough i let you guys know, how it was to install.

i had a vacuum leak so had to fix that. will find out performance wise it does tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
no cruise control? Meh, scratch that one off my list then, I love Cruise.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:05 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
well drove it around this morning and nice power gain. the manifold gives it a 4bbl sound.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:42 PM   #4
Final-Reality

I donno who said it was an "easy" install, of course it's going to be a PITA to re-route all the throttle body cabling... bolting the thing to the head is just a tiny part of the job :P

I've also heard power gains are minimal on a stock engine but the sound is pretty awesome so it was worth it anyway :P
Old 06-06-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
Nikatrel

So power gains would be decent with (Intake, catback exhaust, and 62mm TB)?
Old 06-06-2004, 05:28 PM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality@Jun 6 2004, 10:42 AM
I donno who said it was an "easy" install, of course it's going to be a PITA to re-route all the throttle body cabling... bolting the thing to the head is just a tiny part of the job :P

I've also heard power gains are minimal on a stock engine but the sound is pretty awesome so it was worth it anyway :P
final, not one of the damn how to's on this instal say really crap about the throttle cable. Also some of the wire warness are different between the J's and N's and then the auto just adds to it.

Well nobody really said it was easy but obody said it would be a PITA.

far as miminal gain, well maybe on stock engine. but with my setup it has been more than miminal. Actually it is very good gain. will ony get better down the road with other mods.

You do lose very little off the line but you more than make up for it from 3000 and up.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikatrel@Jun 6 2004, 11:28 AM
So power gains would be decent with (Intake, catback exhaust, and 62mm TB)?
it would be decent with those mods. but if that is all your going to do then maybe not really worth the pain of the install.